RuPaul's Drag Race V

Options
Guess what?

Season 5 of RuPaul's Drag Race begins in just 11 days. And I can't wait!

Is there anybody else as excited as me? (Or even slightly excited. You don't have to be as excited as me. Because I'm really excited. Like, weirdly excited. A little bit TOO excited.)

tumblr_mdt5l2EZuC1qgb5p1o1_r1_500.jpg

Look at those gorgeous girls.

I already have my favourites and the show hasn't even started yet! But. Jinkx Monsoon had me in her Meet the Queen video from the moment she mentioned 'Broadway'. I'm a theatre gal and so is Ms. Monsoon. I ended up watching basically every video of her that exists on the internet and I am IN LOVE. (I highly recommend her Monsoon Season videos on Funnyordie.com. HILARIOUS.)

I also love Alaska Thunderf**k! Since I'm a big Sharon Needles fan, I already knew who Alaska was (they're dating, if you're unaware) and I was already a fan. I saw her and met her last weekend and now I'm even more in love. She's so delightfully weird and lovely.

And Detox! Again, already knew who she was due to being fans of previous queens. She was in the 'Chow Down' song/video with Willam and I think she's so funny and I love her look and I'm really excited to see her in action.

Anyways, now that I've rambled... What are your thoughts? HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?! Any favourites yet? What are you looking forward to the most?

And if you don't have much to say about the season that hasn't even started yet... just talk about past seasons, that's totally fine too.

tumblr_mgqw6uWb2p1qci34ro1_400.gif

Replies

• audreygonzy
    Options
    SO MUCH EXCITE! I just stared at that gif for far too long:love:
  • RIGHT?!

Isn't Jinkx just so pretty? Not to mention SO TALENTED. I hope this season has some sort of singing challenge because Jinkx will be the best and beat everyone! She played Angel in a production of RENT not too long ago -- and since RENT is one of my all-time favourite shows, that right there is enough to make me fall in love with her. My friend (who lives in Seattle, where Jinkx is from) saw RENT and said that Jinkx was fantastic (and this was before we knew who she even was!) Now she's performing as Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and I wish I could see it so badly! But... it's in Seattle and I am in Florida. I do plan on forcing my Seattle-dwelling friend to go in my place, though.

tumblr_inline_mf86rnEFNp1qf9ruc.gif

tumblr_mf1ed8CTb91rlsczgo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mf1ed8CTb91rlsczgo2_500.gif

LOVE HER.
  • The first episode is online!!!!!

Here are some quick thoughts after watching (nothing spoiler-y!):
    The right person won the photo challenge.
    The wrong person won the main challenge.
    Even though they won't show who got eliminated until Monday, it's pretty obvious based on that lip sync.
    I knew people were gonna be throwing shade at Alaska because of Sharon, so I was prepared for it, but it still upset me.
    Jinkx is the most precious little angel in the entire world.

And that's all I have to say for now!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    It doesn't air here! D< And I can't watch the episodes online because they're always on USA-viewers-only websites. UHG.

I loved Ongina in the first season though (that did air here). OMG She was tooooooo effing adorbs. I was so disappointed that she didn't win! :c
  • Oh no! I'm sure you could find some downloads online, though! If you just do a google search for "RuPaul's Drag Race S(whatever season number)E(whatever episode number)" you should get some results! That's what I do whenever I miss an episode. (I don't have Logo, I have to go to a friend's house to watch it, but there have been times when I haven't been able to, but can't wait until it's on the Logo website the next day. I have a serious obsession. It's kind of a problem.)

But yes, I completely agree! Ongina is soooo precious. Her being sent home when she did (especially before Rebecca Glasscock -- ugh!) is quite possibly the biggest disappointment that has EVER happened on that show!
  • tumblr_mh681eHsZu1qzz0yio1_400.gif

bumpin' cause I just wanna talk about draaaaag queeeeeeeens.
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am excited too!! I wasn't aware that Alaska was going to be on!!! I wonder if this means we will get to see more of Sharon! YAY!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    TICKELED!
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i am very excited
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Has the first episode already been on? I have it set to DVR and haven't checked in a while.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    watching that show helped me reliaze my goal of doing drag! to me its very inspirational
  • Has the first episode already been on? I have it set to DVR and haven't checked in a while.

It was posted online yesterday! It doesn't officially air until Monday, but they released it early (except for the elimination.)
  • watching that show helped me reliaze my goal of doing drag! to me its very inspirational

That's amazing! I would love to be a drag queen. Unfortunately, I am already a woman. But I love convincing some of my male friends to let me put them in drag!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    watching that show helped me reliaze my goal of doing drag! to me its very inspirational

Awesome! Do it! Love me some drag queens!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I love all things drag and drag race is no exception! I recently got a cocktail napkin autographed by Miss Manilla Luzon! I cannot wait for this season to start...like seriously and they better not f@ck it up! lol!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I hope the lady with the fire is on the show. :smile:
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I'm excited for it!! Love me some RuPaul :love: :love:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    No tea, no shade! :P
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Aaand. If you make a "Group" in MFP for it. I'd join. Just to blab about the episodes with you. :smile:
  • Oh, and in case any of you are interested... this was literally JUST announced like, less than an hour ago.

554280_581733565174927_1903362963_n.jpg
    DRAG CRUISE. Featuring:

Alaska
    Alyssa Edwards
    Coco Montrese
    Detox
    Honey Mahogany
    Ivy Winters
    Jade Jolie
    Jinkx Monsoon
    Lineysha Sparx
    Monica Beverly Hillz
    Penny Tration
    Roxxxy Andrews
    Serena ChaCha
    Vivienne Pinay
    Sharon Needles
    Raja
    Willam
    Ongina
    Nina Flowers
    Latrice Royale
    Jujubee
    Pandora Boxx
    Shangela
    Tammie Brown
    Manila Luzon
    Morgan McMichaels
    Shannel
    Mimi Imfurst
    Phi Phi O’Hara
    Alexis Mateo
    Carmen Carrera
    Vicky Vox
    Chi Chi LaRue
    Michelle Visage

It leaves from Miami and goes to Jamaica, Caymen Islands, Cozumel, and the Bahamas.

The previous Drag Cruise that just happened in December looked SO AMAZING and I was so sad that I couldn't go (I was stage managing a play that had performances the same days as the cruise. Sad.) So I REALLY want to go on this one! But I'm nervous because it's so far from now and I'm applying to new colleges out of Florida and I might end up being in a different state and busy when the cruise happens. Plus, Yara Sofia isn't on this one and she's my favourite and I want to be stuck on a boat with her. But I still really want to go!!!!

(More info at alandchuck.travel!)