Unsolicited Pictures - have you ever? would you ever?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When I went to Hawaii, some creepy older guy kept discreetly (at least he thought so) following me around on the beach and taking my picture. It was really awkward. I would not take pictures of someone like that. It's just weird.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I find that creepy and would be me feel uncomfortable if it were to happen to me.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public place, you're fair game. You don't have a right to not have your picture taken.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public place, you're fair game. You don't have a right to not have your picture taken.

^^^^ Creep Alert!!!!! Creep Alert!!!!^^^^^^^^
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Nothing good can come of this. The actual pictures themselves, or this thread. I have a feeling the answers are going to be insulting.

Needless to say, I would be very upset if I caught someone taking my picture discreetly, and immediately check that something was not amiss- like wardrobe malfunction-type thing.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I covertly took a picture of a stud-muffin in Vegas once. Mainly because he was a stud-muffin in his own 80's mind with the layers, bright colors, popped collar, flock of seagulls hair... His face was out of focus so I Facebooked it. Creepy? Maybe. Funny? Oh my yes!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't like it if someone I didn't know was taking my picture.

However, I have taken a picture of a stranger - after I asked him - a VERY cute bartender at a disco in Oslo.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Nope! Perhaps a celebrity or an really beautiful bag :D

american+beauty+bag.jpg

OMG, Katy Perry?!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Haaaaave you met OP's friend? I think you two would get along fabulously.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

True story. But, I wouldn't like it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's illegal to take pics of other peoples kids here in the UK, but adults are fair game.

It is creepy as **** though.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ever see those weird and/or hilarious pics of people used in those eCards or posters online? Taken somewhere like Walmart (extra large people with exposed butt-cracks or whatever awful ensemble such as bunny slippers or thongs or who knows what)??

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe .. those people were also not aware someone snapped a picture of them in their drunken stupor or hanging out at the beach?

It's creepy .. but I bet it happens a lot more than we think. We see someone that looks like someone we know .. or some funny or preposterous situation and we whip out those cell phone cameras and start taking pictures or videos...

Unfortunately .. chances are no one asks or tell the people they've just been caught on Candid Camera :laugh:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time.

I'm outside your window, doing it now.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Id find it creepy, and no I wouldnt do it NOR like if if somebody did it with me.

Im pretty careful when using my cell phone or cam to take a pic.. I dont like to point directly to someone to make them think Im taking a pic of them.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Creepy... why wouldn't she just go over and talk to him if she thought he was so hot?
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    in the context this occured in it is SUPER creepy.
    No I haven't and I wouldn't.
    I'd be super weirded out if I found out someone was just chillin somewhere watching me and taking my picture without my knowing at the time.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    No, that sounds so creepy.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    yet how many times have we looked at unsolicited photos online? people of walmart anyone? 9gag? fail blog especially. I think the average person would take pictures for two reasons. One being they think the person is hot/sexy/likes their look, these most often are taken by females. The second would be the wtf pictures because you cant believe what you're seeing, just oddities in general these are the pictures that are on popular random websites like the above listed. These i think are more commonly taken by males. Im pretty sure i have had my picture taken without my permission and at first i was kinda freaked out, slightly flattered but of course the more i thought about it the more i pictured the guy being a rapist or something lol then i realized it was a bit silly to freak out about my picture being taken when i have a facebook account and myfitnesspal account where i have pictures of me. Even though i have it set to private lets be honest facebooks privacy policy sucks, thats why i only put pictures on the internet that i could handle the world seeing.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Super creepy. Also, if I found out someone had done that to me, my first thought wouldn't be "oh, they must have thought I was cute" it would be "oh crap, I've done something to warrant putting me on 'people of walmart'" or something.....so, there's that.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else curious as to whether the OP is really talking about a "friend" or herself

Anyhow, in my opinion, it's a bit creepy. I think that one could get away with snapping one pic to show friends the cutie or weirdo they saw, but snapping away is creepy for sure.