For the newbies: here is what losing 80 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. It is so true. We are so easily discouraged on this journey. And MFP is such a great place to get advice from people when we hit that plateau, or when we need a word of encouragement and feel like we want to give up, or just want to rejoice with someone who is working their program and finding success.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This is so cute, and perfectly follows the inner dialogue of everyone who's ever lose weight!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wderul post!! :flowerforyou:
  • healthyheartRN
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post this, sooooo very true, I think it sums up how we all feel at certain points and let's us know we are normal. If we just don't give up and keep plugging away thru the down times we will keep improving. Loved This Post !!!!!!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I wish there was a way to make this required reading before posting complaints in the forums! ;-)
  • MJJHarp
    MJJHarp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! It is so hard for me to think long term about losing the 70lbs I want to loose!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wendy - As usual you have hit it spot on. When I lost 40 doing this two years ago....this was pretty much exactly how it went. Then stopped logging and slowly it all came back. So now I know I am here to stay, get it off the old fashioned way of hard work and good choices and stay strong.

Thanks for posting.:heart:
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thanks so much for putting in print what everyone goes through!!!
  • FightingFox
    Options
    Thank you so much for this!! Our heads are spinning with dialog like this but we have to know if we stick with it, it will happen for us!!! Thanks for bringing it to real life. :)
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I loved it! Thank you for sharing =)
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Very awesome.... I am on my own month 8 and oh how very true this is!
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Love this post. I hope I can make it past the third month. I end up with cake.

Ha ha!! The cake is a lie!! (OK, not really. It's amazing and has fruit filling.) :)

I keep seeing posts from people starting out who expect to just shed and that it's all downhill from here and then get really surprised that it's not so straight forward. Hope this can help a lot of you stick with it because the result is worth all the frustration, sore muscles, plateaus and missed pieces of cake.

The Portal reference just made this all the better!!!!!! Great post!
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    love it! so true!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    hilarious, thanks 4 sharing
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    saving this because I may need it later :)
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Boy did I just need to read this now! Thank you for being so inspirational. I'm starting week 4, been good with my meals, exercised and lost 2 measly pounds (3 but regained 1).
    Thank you for posting.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    great post...thanks for sharing your journey...
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love it! So true! ;)
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed your post!