Visalus

Options
13»

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I tried it... I drank them for breakfast only for probably 6 or 7 months then did my normal meal planning the rest of the day. They tasted good but I can't say that they either hurt or helped – although they definitely hurt my wallet. You can make your own nutritious shakes from scratch for probably less money and without buying into a pyramid scheme.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I am still new to all this weight loss stuff and I have been doing it the easy way, I watch what I eat and exercise. Someone explain to me why would someone substitute a meal with a drink? Why not eat? If you eat at a reasonable deficit and move some you will lose weight
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I am still new to all this weight loss stuff and I have been doing it the easy way, I watch what I eat and exercise. Someone explain to me why would someone substitute a meal with a drink? Why not eat? If you eat at a reasonable deficit and move some you will lose weight
    No explanation needed - you've got the right idea!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    No explanation needed - you've got the right idea!

^^^ what he said
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    other than the money factor, once you stop you tend to gain back the weight and more because you really haven't taught yourself how to properly eat
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yuck, yuck and yuck.

Oh, and EXPENSIVE

Just eat real food in moderation and you will get the same, if not better, results
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    :happy: Of course there are going to varying results depending on the person, circumstances, and dedication. My personal experience is that I lost 30 pounds during my first 90 day challenge without doing ANY exercise whatsoever

Because exercise is a horrible, horrible thing and totally not a healthy way to lose weight... instead, just drink shakes!
    I never had any issues, even though I have heard that a small percentage of people experience some constipation or diarrhea until their bodies adjust. From what I have heard that usually only lasts a few days to a week.

Because, you know, once the body learns that humans are meant to drink their meals and not eat them, it finally gets on board with the program.
    As far as the cost, it is not an additional expense. The shakes are less than $2 per meal which is way less than most people spend. I found that I SAVED about $10 per day on food. That's $300 a month savings! And they have Challenge Kits ranging from $49/mo up to $299/mo depending on your goals. So I don't get it when people say it is expensive.

Or, you know, you could try eating actual food and tracking the calories using this free website... it's called My Fitness Pal. Have you heard of it?
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love it. BUT I got it to drink when I would usually skip a meal. I work at a salon where I am very busy and don't always have time to eat. I was a chronic meal skipper. Any shake/bar/whatever would work for what I use Visalus for. It costs me about $66 for 2 months because I don't eat it every day, and I make sure I go on my order page and set my auto ship back so I don't get it too often. I don't use the flavor packets much, but I add instant coffee or PB2. Yumm! Again, any protein shake/powder would work, but I actually like this one, and it's easy because I don't have to go buy it. It's personal choice just like anything else...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I tried it... I drank them for breakfast only for probably 6 or 7 months then did my normal meal planning the rest of the day. They tasted good but I can't say that they either hurt or helped – although they definitely hurt my wallet. You can make your own nutritious shakes from scratch for probably less money and without buying into a pyramid scheme.

This says it all!
  • Slick_nicky
    Options
    I have been on it for a week. Monday thru Friday I have 2 a day and on the weekend I have one a day. I have not seen any thing different as in weight loss or inches lost
  • jackiemkoch
    Options
    I'm not big on soy proteins and that is the protein in the shakes. I believe we need to supplement because of how depleted our soils are, but I prefer to get my protein from Whey shakes.