"I Can't Believe This is Me!"

Options
124»

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    BIG high five! You're amazing, and now you're starting to realize it! What a great feeling. :)
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Felt the same way the first time I ran too. WTG!
  • MonicaRoxxs
    MonicaRoxxs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WHOOOHHOOO!! CONGRATS!! Believe it....Its the new you!!! :)
  • CanadaKarin
    CanadaKarin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    we are all rooting for you!!!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I already crowed about it on my home page, so I apologize to my friends who might see me going on and on, but I thought it bears repeating. :)

Yesterday I actually RAN. It was just short 30-second intervals every two minutes for half an hour, but I never, ever thought I'd see the day when I would be running. We're talking about the girl who never even ran in high school, the girl who's been really overweight since she was about 13. A friend of mine asked me to go to the gym with her three days a week after work because she wants to run a 5K in the spring, and yesterday she encouraged me to give a short run a try. And I did it, looking up in amazement at her every time I finished a burst of running. And she would be grinning and clapping for me, and I felt on top of the world! What really amazed me was that I was tired but not at death's door. In the last five months of being on MFP logging, exercising, and losing weight, I've actually gotten to the point where I can do hard exercise without huffing like a beached whale. And to top it off, this morning I was down half a pound. It's like my body is thanking me. :):)

You just made my day!! I feel so motivated now. Congrats on all your accomplishments:smile::happy:
    Thanks, MFPers. I just had to share.
  • FizzyAndTango
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet that felt absolutely amazing! Well done :) xx
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Way to go!!!!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm thinking about doing the c25k a try... after I drop down a bit more... my knees... lol.... but I so want to run.....thanks for the inspiration!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I share you celebration, well done supastar !!
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    That's amazing! So happy for you!! Keep going! you can do it!

-Maria
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    SSSShhhhh!!!!Don't let everyone know it is fun they will all want to do it. Ha ha! JK, congrats on your achievement.
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Awesome job!! I've been there as well. It only gets better! Keep up the amazing work lady!! You'll be basking in the glory soon with the weight loss! ;)
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So excited for you!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Just think of what you'll be doing in a month or two!! I'm excited and you have inspired me!!! Hopefully I will be that same gal in about 6 months!!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's great! welcome to the running club :-) i know you've just started, but have you looked at c25k yet? it's an interval programme, and very doable. it's how i started 2 years ago, and i can heartily recommend it.
    you've done great! revel in that accomplishment, and keep on going with it! you'll be running a mile before you know it!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome - well done!

Sorry if this is repeating what others have said, but there is a podcast you can download for free called "C25K - Couch To 5K" and it's a running programme that you do for 20 - 30 mins, x3 a week for 9 weeks - Week 1 starts "Begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes"

By week 9, you should be able to run a solid 30 minutes!!

You can find details here: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx

Might be of some use :) Keep up the great work! xxx
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!