I don't want to eat up my calories burned from working out

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T MAEN ANYTHING RUDE. WHY ARE SO MANY PPL BEING SO UGLY? I'M NOT YELLING I JST LIKE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. DIDN'T KNOW THIS TOPIC HAD BEEN BROUGHT UP SO MUCH. SORRY FOR RUBBING SO MANY OF YOU THE WRONG WAY. I WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE POSTING IN THE FUTURE.
    :cry:

Internet etiquette: caps lock = shouting
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I eat back if hungry and don't eat back if I'm not hungry, personally I'd rather not get hung up on the numbers as long as I don't eat more than my body needs to maintain my weight or less than it needs to keep me alive then its all good

I aim anywhere between 1300 and 1600 ... if I slip up and only have 600 in a day or 2200 in a day then so be it ... as long as its not a habit

Ive lost 2 stone so far, before MFP
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I DIDN'T MAEN ANYTHING RUDE. WHY ARE SO MANY PPL BEING SO UGLY? I'M NOT YELLING I JST LIKE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. DIDN'T KNOW THIS TOPIC HAD BEEN BROUGHT UP SO MUCH. SORRY FOR RUBBING SO MANY OF YOU THE WRONG WAY. I WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE POSTING IN THE FUTURE.

STOP SHOUTING. TALKING IN CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS YELLING. YOUR CAPS LOCK IS NEXT TO THE A BUTTON UNDER THE TAB KEY. SHUT THAT **** OFF BRO.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sounds like people have previously told you what they think, and this post is just you saying "I'm not going to take your advice, so nurrr".

So I'll just say you've been given advice by people who have already been down your path, found out what works and what doesn't work, and are sincerely trying to help you not make the mistakes they made. If you want to ignore that advice, that's your prerogative. Just do it quietly.

And this ^^^
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I see no reason in eating when your not hungry. That's how I became overweight in the first place; not knowing when I was truly hungry and eating more than I needed. I'm finally learning to eat when it's nessecary so there's no point in force feeding myself and going back to that (I used to eat 3500 cals a day). So I don't eat back mine either. I have the same idea. What's the point of burning those calories just to make them null in the end? If I start to feel weak and/or fatigued I will have a day where I don't even bother to count anything. Doing it this way has not only lost 13 pounds but the entire total of 35 pounds. Only reason why I plateaued was because I did it on purpose to see if I knew how to sustain my weight at 165, and I did.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm with you for the most part. I don't super trust all the calorie determinations etc so I think its dangerous. I sort of guesstimate what I should be eating (less than 2000 calories) and don't worry too much about the exact figures burned. I just make sure I'm burning calories and improving, and also eating cleanly and with a defect, and that my general levels of burn and eat are within general ballparks. rock on!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Typing in all caps *is* yelling, so your opening post was mean.
  • laureleafy
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering about this as well. I like the responses you got, helpful to know it could cause a plateau, and I too don't always trust the calculations.

I think a critical question is, do you feel hungry? I am doing paleo and when i am done with my calculations sometimes it is under 1200 and I have to make myself eat more. I try eat fats when this happens. But I don't feel deprived or deny myself. Do you have a history of eating disorder?

I wish people would just ignore questions that upset them, or that are in all caps or that have already been asked. I am a teacher and I get asked the same questions repeatedly everyday throughout the year. Don't take it personally! We can't control other people, only our own reactions. Don't let them ruin your good day. It is the nature of a discussion forum to become bloated with redundant information.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    CAPS LOCK IS CONSIDERED RUDE YELLING ON THE INTERNET. ADDITIONALLY, STUDIES SHOW THAT IT IS MORE DIFFICULT TO READ THAN STANDARD SENTENCE CASING. YOU DIDN'T USE CAPS LOCK FOR THE TITLE OF THE THREAD, SO WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO YELL FOR THE ORIGINAL POST WITHIN IT?! I COULDN'T READ YOUR POST BECAUSE IT MAKES MY HEAD AND EYES ACHE.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've read and re-read the eat back your workout calories threads and never applied it to myself.

This year I started a lifting program 3 weeks ago in addition to walking and thought I was doing just fine with my low carb and calorie counting. I hit the wall on Wednesday. Woke up tired and lethargic and had no energy. Took a couple days of rest and realized that with my new program even though I am rehabbing from an injury I need to eat back workout calories to fuel my body.

Each day is a new adventure and it's always good to be open to change.

Karen
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options

I swear I was afraid you were gonna tell us to stop being "messy" and that we can all reach our goals with a little Taebo.
  • CaClifton
    CaClifton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get it! I very seldom eat my exercise calories, but still log them, because I like to see it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

good idea! and eat your exercise calories!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Don't let people's honest responses deter you from posting questions in the future. Yes, you will get snarky comments from people who have been around a while and have seen the same questions come up over and over again. The Search function in the forums is helpful for that, but if you want to post, by all means post and don't think twice about it.

But please DO think twice about typing in all caps. You may "like it", but it is universally categorized as bad typing etiquette. Like when people use no punctuation... drives me crazy.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Those of you think she is shouting, y'all just MORONS.

Namecalling is unnecessary Alex. She asked for our opinions and we are going to give them to her.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    LOUD NOISES.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Do or don't. It's your body and your life. If what you're doing is working, stick with it.

And quit yelling. All caps makes most people see red.
  • LSchmersal
    Options
    I totally agree..........I do not like to have my exercise cal's mixed up with my food cal's! For me this just complicates the whole situation with out any real benefit. As a result I am thinking about not recording my exercise.

Thanks for the original post, you clarified what I was thinking.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    DON'T!!!!!!!!! I DON'T!
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Those of you think she is shouting, y'all just MORONS. There is a difference between someone SHOUTING and someone has a caps on.

Those of you who thinks this topic is "beating a dead horse" - MORONS, give a chick a break, It is just as simple as point her to a thread or just answer. OR just simply go away and don't stink. Your attitude does not make anyone here feel any better.

Exactly !
This discussion has been closed.