low cal lunch ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You could check out my diary, but i'm a fairy repetitious eater, so I can just tell you a few of them:

1.) 1-2 cup fresh spinach, 1 cup cut up strawberries, 3-4oz of meat (usually chicken or crab), top with a sweet onion vinegarette. If you want more protein add an ounce of walnuts.

2.) 1/2 acorn squash with 1tbs of butter and a pinch of stevia; cut up apple and a few slices of cheese (I prefer cheddar)

3.) THE SMOOTHIE: 1 banana, 1c of almond milk, 2tbs of almond butter, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, and ice. (<--love this smoothie!!)

There are so many things you can switch in and out of these lunches. My cals are higher now because i'm 25 weeks pregnant, but my average cal per meal is 300-400. The idea is understanding food again and loving healthy food.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Pre cook chicken breasts over the week-end and freeze them individually. Pop one in the fridge the night before and mix it with a pack of green giant frozen veggies.
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1/4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese with grapes (or whatever fruit you like)
    yogurt (low cal or Greek low cal)
    carrot, celery, red peppers with hummus
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My lunch today is Pepperidge Farm Thin-Sliced Whole Wheat bread, Boar's Head Pesto Parmesan ham, Boston lettuce, yellow mustard and a Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp bar. (Gotta get my chocolate fix.)

Cal: 250
    Carb: 25
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 17
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I love pizza but the real stuff it is not low cal so I make my own version. I use pita bread for the crust, 2 tbsp fat free pizza sauce, 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese and 8 slices of turkey pepperoni. You can pile on the veggies if you want. Bake it in a toaster oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. A whole pizza is 285 delicious calories!
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I usually have a boca burger on small toasted wheat bun topped with
    a pinch of shredded cheese
    lettuce
    tomato
    and today I added some homemade mango salsa (mango, red onion, cilantro, tomato)

Yum!
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Big mack with fries and to save calories take out the salad genius!
  • sjanney007
    Options
    ^^^^I agree.....counting calories to lose weight and disregarding health is not so smart in my book. Fake foods are, well....fake. Foods closest to their most natural state is best...creativity and learning how to cook those foods to bring out their best flavor is key....I'm still learning myself, but I try to not eat science projects :)
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i usually have a tuna sanwhich.its about 400 cal.
    2 slices white bread, i can tuna in water and 3 tbsp low fat mayo

i hate whole grains etc i know sooo bad. anyone know of any white-or whitelike low cal bread?
  • pigmartianpig
    Options
    These are not my original ideas - saw them somewhere but can recall exactly ---
    1. Make mini pizzas with zucchini as the "crust" Very yummy, more nutrition, fewer calories, satisfies a craving
    2. Make a sandwich with thin apple slices as the " bread" fill with a protein of your choice, another fruit, peanut butter, whatever .... I'm a fan of PB and sliced strawberries or sliced turkey and a slice of sharp low fat cheddar
    3. One of my favorites is light bread of your choice, spicy hummus and fresh sliced tomato
  • Jillygal40
    Options
    is it cooked celery or raw ?
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Make your sandwich open faced so its one piece of bread instead of two and toast it!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Toasted tomato sandwich (Multigrain bread, tomato, fat free mayo)
    Toasted tuna sandwich (Multigrain bread, fat free mayo, tuna packed in water not oil)
    Chunky Salsa on original rice cakes
    Chicken mexican salad (lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, chicken breast, topped with salsa and fat free sour cream)

I know some people are not big on fat free stuff, but we all have our opinions.

I always add things such as apples, nectarines, peaches, celery, berries, carrots, to my lunches as well.

I am fine with fat-free as long as I am getting in some good fats....our body needs some fat! :)

OP: My lunch is usually leftovers from dinner the night before, sandwich with Special K crackers or popcorn chips, or low calorie soup......I work full-time so I have to do easy with not a lot of cooking needed.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i usually have a tuna sanwhich.its about 400 cal.
    2 slices white bread, i can tuna in water and 3 tbsp low fat mayo

i hate whole grains etc i know sooo bad. anyone know of any white-or whitelike low cal bread?

I believe Natures Own has a 45-calorie white bread. I always get the wheat though. Sara Lee does too I believe.