HELP!! NutriBullet for blending smoothies?

Options

Replies

• VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nutribullet!! It does exactly what it says. I put kale and nuts and seeds in it...all kinds of stuff that a blender just can handle. It crushes the ice that I add to smoothies so finely that I don't ever even get a crunchy bit of ice while I'm drinking it. The only thing it seems to have a problem with are raspberry seeds. When I add a lot of raspberries some of the seeds don't get pulverized, but it totally grinds up chia seeds. I cannot say enough great things about the Nutribullet and it costs a fraction of the cost of a Vitamix. You just have to be sure that you run it long enough (2-3 minutes) to smooth everything out and I find that it helps to pulse it to break up the ice and seeds. Clean up is easy too, I usually just have to rinse the cup and blades under hot water and they come clean.

And no, they didn't pay me to say all this. It's the coolest kitchen gadget I have ever owned. It makes it possible to add more fresh vegetables and fruits to my diet and I feel great!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a magic bullet but live with my food processor.

I don't understand why your would want to put spinach into a breakfast smoothie?! :sick:

I struggle to have anything for breakfast and can just about cope with a smoothie made of banana, yoghurt, milk and cranberry juice!

Am I missing something?! :ohwell:

I don't like spinach, but you seriously don't taste it at ALL. It takes on the taste of whatever you blend with. I also don't like avocados, and that's in my key lime smoothie today. DELICIOUS. All I taste is lime smoothness. Seriously, try it! I was skeptical at first too but you DO NOT TASTE IT!

Spinach with dark berries or chocolate does make for a horrific color, though!! :noway:
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    TODAYS SMOOTHIE: Key lime pie - copius amount of raw spinach, 1/2 a ripe avocado, juice of 3 limes, 1/4 cup of key lime yoplait greek 100, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 packet of Truvia (or whatever sweetener you desire) & ice. Blend, sip, enjoy! It's pretty damn good, especially for my first time making it!
  • NatalieHassett
    NatalieHassett Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I don't understand why your would want to put spinach into a breakfast smoothie?! :sick:

I struggle to have anything for breakfast and can just about cope with a smoothie made of banana, yoghurt, milk and cranberry juice!

I don't like spinach, but you seriously don't taste it at ALL. It takes on the taste of whatever you blend with. I also don't like avocados, and that's in my key lime smoothie today. DELICIOUS. All I taste is lime smoothness. Seriously, try it! I was skeptical at first too but you DO NOT TASTE IT!

Spinach with dark berries or chocolate does make for a horrific color, though!! :noway:

But WHY carpetm?! Why spinach?! Is it solely to do with the amazing nutrients? Can't I just stick to having it with my dinner? :happy:
  • NatalieHassett
    Options
    P.S. It's odd that you're on the lime section of your weight loss indicator. Once you have lost another pound, will you be having blueberry smoothies!? :laugh:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have a simple Osterizer Classic that I bought at Target. It has one tumbler button with two settings: pulse and on. It has served me well for many years now (about 6 or so at least). I think it cost me under $50 and I would gladly recommend it to anyone.
  • NatalieHassett
    Options
    LOL! It's not even a lime...it's a kiwi...ignore me!
  • BeDawn
    BeDawn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use the Ninja almost every day. It can handle anything. I use it for smoothies mostly, but I also use it to chop nuts, make salsa, make banana pancakes, and it makes 'snow' out of ice cubes.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options

But WHY carpetm?! Why spinach?! Is it solely to do with the amazing nutrients? Can't I just stick to having it with my dinner? :happy:

If you eat it just as is, amen! I can't stand spinach, and have an iron deficiency as it is. I find this much easier.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a NutriBullet and use it at least 6xweek for everything from spinach to flax to almonds... everything. It's amazing. Just DON'T fill the liquid past the max line or it will leak! Other than that, I've had no problems and it's the most used appliance in my kitchen :drinker:
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    Looks like I'm getting a NutriBullet, then :wink:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    My bullet is one of the must haves in my kitchen. It is worth its weight in gold. I use it for lots of things from sauces to vinaigrette's even.

You will not regret getting one I promise you that.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a Sensio Bella Cucina. It is a little basic but I do so much with it, from grinding coffee beans or spices to making pesto and smoothies. Works great and I got a bunch of cups and two blades for about $20 on sale I think it is normally about $30. If it can handle fresh basil I would bet it would handle spinach.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    Is there a smoothie "group" on here? I love swapping recipes.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    if you have a blender, buy a mason jar and attach it to the blender. instant magic bullet. it works awesome.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tip_blender_and_mason_jar/

Love this idea !! Thanks !!!:happy:
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    Is there a smoothie "group" on here? I love swapping recipes.

Duh http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2472-green-smoothie-challenge
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    if you have a blender, buy a mason jar and attach it to the blender. instant magic bullet. it works awesome.

Does it work?? That's AWESOME.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Does it work?? That's AWESOME.

It is amazing.. all your blender features in magic bullet form. I use it make a ton of things, and from what i've read here my blender will outlive any magic bullet. lol.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued, I'm adding spinach to my smoothie today.... wish me luck
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued, I'm adding spinach to my smoothie today.... wish me luck

Spinach works great in smoothies.

If anyone is worried about spinach not blending well in their blenders, try baby spinach--the fibers are not as coarse in smaller leaves.