HELP!! NutriBullet for blending smoothies?

Options

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued, I'm adding spinach to my smoothie today.... wish me luck

Spinach works great in smoothies.

If anyone is worried about spinach not blending well in their blenders, try baby spinach--the fibers are not as coarse in smaller leaves.

I use regular spinach, but have to put it through the food processor first (hence the post to begin with!) It chops it so finely that it blends nicely once I add the other stuff in the blender. Smooth!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued, I'm adding spinach to my smoothie today.... wish me luck

Spinach works great in smoothies.

If anyone is worried about spinach not blending well in their blenders, try baby spinach--the fibers are not as coarse in smaller leaves.

I use regular spinach, but have to put it through the food processor first (hence the post to begin with!) It chops it so finely that it blends nicely once I add the other stuff in the blender. Smooth!

Ah, I see. I'm too lazy for that :) I buy pre-washed spinach in a bag. Also, my blender is pretty good at liquifying everything I put in it in one step. Sometimes I have to put in more liquid to get things going, but I've never had any trouble with things blending.
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet. I have added some of my smoothies to the recipes. I alo downloaded the book that is free online..that has lots of recipes and ideas and even a diet plan.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I have a Cheapo version called a 'Rocket'

Does the job, but it wouldn't smash ice or anything.

Would kill for a VitaMix.
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a Cheapo version called a 'Rocket'

Does the job, but it wouldn't smash ice or anything.

Would kill for a VitaMix.

me too...but, the Nutribullet works great and i would hate Jail. LOL
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I saw the infomercial for this the other evening. It has less watts than a regular blender.. at least I'm pretty sure. It's even further away from a vitamix than a regular blender.. which would probably be cheaper as well. I say just invest your money in a normal blender. I've had mine for a couple years, and I make smoothies daily. I've blended whole dates, spinach, swiss chard, kale, apples, ice, frozen berries, whole frozen bananas, etc.. no problems. It's just an Oster blender.. probably like $60 or so.
  • doyewole
    Options
    I have a magic bullet and I put spinach and kale in it and it works perfectly!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Got a nutribullet today after giving up on my Breville juicer.. it was just too much clean up for me. LOVE the nutribullet! Is it worth getting the recipe book?
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure whether the/a recipe book is worth it... This site has over 300 recipes and it's hard for me to imagine any book would have significantly more or better. :)http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/green-smoothie-recipes/
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninjas pro model...it came with a smallish processor bowl and three blender cups. I like it, although the blender cups are a little tricky to get seated just right so the power comes on. Once you do get it on it does a great job.
  • JustTracyB
    Options
    I had the magic bullet for over 2 years. Used it for all my smoothies, spinach, fruits, protein powder, etc. it did a decent job. Would still have a couple chunks that wouldn't make it through a straw. I was very satisfied with it. It finally died.
    I decided to get the nutribullet as its replacement. WOW!!! Instant liquid of anything I put in there. I've put spinach, whole almonds, whole apples (minus core) with skin, and it completely pulverized it. LOVE and recommend it!
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet and use it daily to make green smoothies. It's much better at blending than regular blender as it turns all of my fruits and leafy veggies into smooth consistency. Even grids up nuts and seeds beautifully, with the exception of raspberry seeds and whole flex seeds. However, this doesn't bother me or my tastebods. This blender is more powerful than Magic bullet from same company, the cleanup is easy, it doesn't take up much counter space, and the price is right. Eventually, I will splurge on a Vitamix blender but for now I'm getting lots of good use out of the Nutribullet. I highly recommend. Kohl's often has it on sale and if you score a 20 or 30% off coupon along with that it's a real bargain. The included brochure has many tasty smoothie recipes.
  • jatownsend1
    Options
    I know you said the VitaMix was out of the question. But, it is definitely worth it, if you are semi-considering it! I have had one for three years. I have it on my counter and I store the tamper in it when it is not in use. I accidentally left it plugged in and somehow managed to turn it on with the tamper in it, and nothing else. Needless to say, it wailed violently. I stopped it and tried to see if it was still working. It was damaged. I called their customer service because it has a full SEVEN year warranty. It was completely covered. They sent me the replacement parts. It works fine now. This is a very good machine and it will last a lifetime, if you take care of it.

Oh, and by the way, it is the best blender, bar none.
  • LeslieBell123
    LeslieBell123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies, but I had to say, I use an immersion blender every day. It's a nice one that comes apart to clean. It's a few years old and I think it was around $30.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have the Nutribullet and love it...I add celery stalks, cucumber, spinach, almond milk and whey powder along with all kinds of fruits including apples with the skin. Never put apple seeds or pits in blender of course. Everything mixes quickly and I will never go back to my juicer.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Use my magic bullet every day, no problems. It's very compact, so it stores easily and no clean up to speak of. Just soap and hit water on blade and the cup part goes in the dishwasher. Two thumbs up.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nutribullet!! It does exactly what it says. I put kale and nuts and seeds in it...all kinds of stuff that a blender just can handle. It crushes the ice that I add to smoothies so finely that I don't ever even get a crunchy bit of ice while I'm drinking it. The only thing it seems to have a problem with are raspberry seeds. When I add a lot of raspberries some of the seeds don't get pulverized, but it totally grinds up chia seeds. I cannot say enough great things about the Nutribullet and it costs a fraction of the cost of a Vitamix. You just have to be sure that you run it long enough (2-3 minutes) to smooth everything out and I find that it helps to pulse it to break up the ice and seeds. Clean up is easy too, I usually just have to rinse the cup and blades under hot water and they come clean.

And no, they didn't pay me to say all this. It's the coolest kitchen gadget I have ever owned. It makes it possible to add more fresh vegetables and fruits to my diet and I feel great!

I ordered mine and it's on it's way! I think I'm going to be very happy with it! : )
  • Fmartincic
    Options
    I use a KitchenAid blender -- it's not the same power as a Vitamix, but still a very respectable 0.9hp.

http://www.target.com/p/kitchenaid-5-speed-diamond-blender-empire-red/-/A-14782220#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=kitchenaid+blender

I've had no problem creating very smooth shakes dumping in spinach leaves, peeld carrot sticks, and quartered (seeded) apples and some water. Super easy to cleanup too.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As someone who owns both I suggest getting the Nutribullet. It blends way better! I put spinach, frozen fruit, nuts and more in my Nutribullet and it pulverizes them pretty quickly. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% of coupon they send out every month. I use it everyday and it does not disappoint!