Ideas for dinner 428 cals..

Options
2»

Replies

• squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd go for half the Tilapia I have in the fridge (8 oz) a baked sweet potato, and brocolli. Should be right around that (even frying the fish in olive oil)
  • npalacios78
    Options
    4 egg whites + 1 whole egg.

Omelette with 1 cup of mushrooms, a handfull of spinach, and ricotta or cottage cheese.
    1tbs olive oil. / 2 slices of avocado.
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    I would have a 300cal salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, fine green beans, a boiled egg and some new potatoes. Dressed with some caesar salad dressing (Cardini's light). The rest would go on G&Ts as it's a Friday.... :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking for guests tonight, and this is from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals, and comes in at around 600 clas, but you could reduce the amount of pasta and grill instead of fry the chicken. Or just have the pasta and sauce, and add a big green slad

Wholewheat fusili.
    Tomato sauce made with grated leek, courgette, carrot and red pepper in a passata
    Fried chicken, bacon and toasted pine nuts.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    6oz filet mignon - 305 calories
    grilled veggies - 120 calories

And I'd probably hit the treadmill before hand to earn up enough calories for a beer to go with it!
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would season a lean steak with some garlic, chilli and pepper granules, serve with some asparagus, spinach and brocolli and a couple of tablespoons of pepper sauce. YUM.

Then maybe a cheeky glass of wine to wash it down? It is Friday after all :)
  • akhilton
    Options
    I would have a 300cal salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, fine green beans, a boiled egg and some new potatoes. Dressed with some caesar salad dressing (Cardini's light). The rest would go on G&Ts as it's a Friday.... :)

Loving your work! I'm having a dry Jan tho boo
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    @ Home
    Grilled chicken tenderloins marinated in juice and spices with a pico de gallo on top
    quinoa
    steamed broccoli
    garlic toast on 40 cal bread
    Glass of white Zin

@ Restaurant
    Fajitas (I love mexican food)

@Home-really easy/fast
    Tuna Fish sandwich made with greek yogurt
    celery sticks
    hummus or greek yogurt onion dip
    fresh fruit
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    A large homemade salad(lettuce, tomatoes, etc with light italian dressing and 4oz of chicken breast.
  • akhilton
    Options
    Fish and Chicken breast are doing well!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    4 oz rib eye (1/2" cut) cut into strips + Garden greens (spinach, red leaf and romaine) + Shredded carrots, parsnip and cabbage (1/2 c of each) + 2 tbsp of dressing (I use greek feta and oregano). Usually nets me around 400 Cals... if I remember right.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    what's Tilapia?

That sounds like a good meal though, whatever it is ;-)
    Grilled Tilapia two fillets - 200 calories
    grilled vegetables - 120 calories
    and a yoplait light for desert - 90 calories

410 calories altogether

Tilapia is a really good flaky white fish when grilled. Takes on whatever seasoning you flavor it with amazingly well! Not fishy at all so good!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    16 oz of seasoned chicken breast.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    5 oz.salmon, grilled and topped with [10 grape or cherry tomatoes sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil. with 1 tsp capers, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped basil]
    9 spears asparagus steamed tooped with 1 tsp olive oil and a dash of salt/pepper.

Comes in at about 428 calories
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm just wondering what to have for dinner.

I have 428 cals left....plenty....but what would YOU do with it...

Just to clarify - I'm not worried by the amount - its 3pm on a Friday and I'm passing time ;-)

You know what you could do...go online and search for weight watchers recipes and see if you have stuff in your place to make something. Then you know exactly how many calories you are using.
  • charmcityvixen
    charmcityvixen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light has a great recipe for chicken tostada with avocado salsa -- 429 calories :) I'm eating my leftovers for lunch right now.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    grilled salmon (5 oz) 210 cals
    2 cups steamed cauliflower and kale ---- GOES AMAZING TOGETHER 75 cals
    small yukon gold baked potatoes - 150g (boiled) 110 cals

small piece of dark chocolate for dessert

Enjoy :)
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Most of my dinners are aound 400 calories. I love chicken enchiladas. Low carb tortilla shells (60 cals each...can't think of the brand name?) with shredded chicken, diced peppers and onions. Topped with enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes and sprinkled with some shredded cheese. Throw it in the over for about 20 minutes and it's super yummy and filling. :)