sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

And spices.

^ yep.

Though I'm bad..... I'm too lazy to log that. :laugh:
  • rpapesr
    rpapesr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this 0 calorie food? I'd like to binge guilt free....

Pickles are zero calorie although they do have 210mg of sodium which will cause your body to hold water so I eat them in moderation.
    Nope, they have calories. Serving size makes the calories less than 5, so they're allowed to label it as "0".
    Look up cucumbers in the database. If cucumbers have calories, where do they go when they make pickles?
    Even mustard has calories.
    And spices.
    All food has calories.

Doesn't the pickle fairy remove them??
    LOL Thanks, I learned something new :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Please stop screwing up the database with mythical food.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    It's funny that you brought this up because I took the time out to log some of my supplements that I thought would add calories or fat to my daily intake and I got ZEROS across the board. So I thought, "What a waste of time...I won't do that tomorrow" - LOL
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The only thing I consider 0 calories is water and plain black coffee.

8oz of black coffee is 2.4 calories. Log it.

I know some of you are super keen but log 2.4 calories?! Yeah if you have 30 cups a day but one cup?
    Each to their own though.

I log all food/condiments etc as they're usually not very low and can add up easily.

I don't log water with a splash of lemon, I don't measure when I put a pinch of salt in water when I boil veggies. I didn't log the ONE chip/crisp my OH offered me last night, but if I'd had a few I would have. (Nor do I log the calories content of any lip balm I might have eaten off my lips!)

To me this is a lifestyle not a diet and whilst I want to loose weight I don't want to become obsessive.

I agree.

I just try to stay about 20 calories under my goal every day to account for things like black coffee, pepper, and Fresca.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Logaholic <---:laugh:
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't log everything. I just had a bite of a shortbread cookie and won't be logging the bite. I also don't log spices unless its in a recipe I am adding to my recipes, that is only because I am very lazy. :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I personally think in the beginning you should accurately log EVERYTHING.

As you go and get more experienced, you can loosen the reigns and use discretion to choose which things are important. When I switch from maintenance to cutting, going back to accurate logging is one of the solutions that actually makes it easier to lose weight without being overly restrictive about what I choose. I see it as a tradeoff- accurate logging allows for less restrictions in my diet with the same results.

I like to watch potassium- which means that I log a lot of things that others may dismiss as unimportant- black coffee, accurate tallies on green vegetables, etc.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't log absolutely everything. If I tried to do that, I would log absolutely nothing because it would drive me crazy. I certainly log fruit and most vegetables. I log coffee because I use cream. If I didn't, I wouldn't log it. I don't log tea. I don't log things like ketchup or bites of this and that. I understand they add up, but I try to leave a 100-200 extra calories for things that I don't end up logging. That's just the way that I have to do it. :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I personally think in the beginning you should accurately log EVERYTHING.

As you go and get more experienced, you can loosen the reigns and use discretion to choose which things are important.

I would like to rephrase my answer to sound more like this one.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My avocado half is "zero calories" because all the good fats and the calories burn while chopping and smashing it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this 0 calorie food? I'd like to binge guilt free....

Pickles are zero calorie although they do have 210mg of sodium which will cause your body to hold water so I eat them in moderation.

My pickles are like 20 calories each. Pickles are only zero calories if you eat a very small amount.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow I am surprised all of you log everything down to cups of tea, spices, etc...shows more dedication than I've got!

Personally I usually don't log anything that's less than 10 calories or so - vinegar, garnishes, mustard, tea, etc., mostly I'm just busy or some could say lazy... I usually come in slightly under my weekly calorie goal and I'm happy with my progress, though. If I were really concerned about sodium or sweeteners I might but I'm not really that worried about that stuff right now.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I do cause there is still sodium and things like that. no calories is just a bonus. like with coke zero.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet soft drinks because I don't drink loads of them and I can't be bothered. As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever become obese purely because of their Diet Coke intake!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    there aren't any zero calorie foods. Except water. everything has some calories. celery is very very low...but an average apple has a hundred or so. reasonable, and a healthy thing to eat, but hardly zero calories. pick and choose wisely and you can eat pretty much anything you want.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, logging zero calorie items isn't important. For micro nutrient tracking, if you desire to track them, you should then enter everything. For good habits, newer people should probably enter everything. I personally do not entire zero calories soda or spices. I know spices often have calories but it isn't important enough to me to figure out or remember.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Log everything because 0 cal foods have sugar, sodium, etc. Diet Coke has 70g of sodium, for example.

70g? Do you mean 70mg? Recommended Sodium intake is about 2.5g a day.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet soft drinks because I don't drink loads of them and I can't be bothered. As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever become obese purely because of their Diet Coke intake!

i wouldnt be sure of that. Diet sodas arent very good for you just because they're called diet.