OFFICAL MFP DATING THREAD

Options

Replies

• mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    We need new guys...SINGLE guys! LOL Where are they??!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yep im still on the list!!

I LOVE Texans...
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    We need new guys...SINGLE guys! LOL Where are they??!

i agree!! where are they at?? LOL
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    We just need more people! Im a single fella. So wheres all the single ladies in my area?!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I may not be open to dating...I'm married already. :tongue: But it would be really nice to meet some friends in my area. I'm in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I'd like some friends around my age so lets say late 20's to mid 40's would work. I'm 31. :ohwell: Good luck on the love front though!
    I am from BA but married and too old for ya. Papilion is also from BA. Cutie pie is from Tulsa check them out off my profile if you like
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    Katy, I told you to move to Houston! I make way too much money to be single.
  • FAKECED
    Options
    Wow
  • tjradd73
    Options
    hehe!! what's that for?? :)

Wow
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Bill is telling Katie to run as fast as she can in the other direction :laugh: :laugh:
  • FAKECED
    Options
    NO NO. I'm not saying anything negative. I can't afford to anyway because being a Bills fan is hard enough...lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I think the Buffalo Bill Zebra was refering to was in Silence of the Lambs but I could be mistaken.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    JetEye had a Buffalo Bill (football team) logo as his pic.
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    So, PoF is really frustrating. Why is that you can message everyone on there and never get a reply? whats with that? I mean, I can write some pretty great stuff. Someone let me in on the secret.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    So, PoF is really frustrating. Why is that you can message everyone on there and never get a reply? whats with that? I mean, I can write some pretty great stuff. Someone let me in on the secret.

WHAT WOMEN ARE LOOKING FOR ON THAT SITE: 1. GOOD JOB 2. GOODLOOKING 3.KID PREFERENCE 4.CAR 5.SMOKE/DRINK 6. PERSONALITY IN PROFILE MESSAGE!!! LOL OR AT LEAST THATS WHAT I LIKE FOR ON THERE!! LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I cant participate :( but I must say there are a lot of attractive ladies on this site
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    lol I was always curious if people used this as a way to find a date. I haven't had a nice one in years myself :( It seems there is no one from my area or even my state on this site, but I'm bored and what the hell.

Female (obviously)
    I am from a town called Hilo on the Big Island (Hawai'i'), Hawai'i
    I prefer men somewhere around 25-40.. but I would say early 30s is my ideal age
    I try to remain as open minded as possible, but I do have a strong preference for Latino, Hispanic and Asian men. Also, men who are ethnically mixed like myself
    In theory, I would relocate for someone who was extremely promising and I wanted to build my future with, but a lack of funding and logistics (extreme geographical isolation) are major factors. I really couldn't tell you at this point. I do know that I definitely do not want a long-distance relationship. I am an extremely affectionate partner.
    Someone who doesn't have issues with a tall/built woman of 5'11"! PLEASE. I've had my time with *kitten* who made me feel less than beautiful, I will show you the door if you make me feel anything but (and give you a piece of my mind, please believe).
    Would also prefer nontheist/atheist/agnostic/spiritual but not religious.

lol is that too particular? ;p
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    POF can be really frustrating.. I've used it on and off for 2 yrs... I've went on a few dates, but haven't had any that have led to a relationship.
    I always look for education, job (do they HAVE one), I like witty profiles, and one that shows that the guy has some ambition. I do look at pictures as well , so you need to make sure you have some nice pictures up especially some of you doing something .. not just self pictures in the mirror... we want to see how you spend your time =) . When it comes to sending an email, be kind and respectful ("hey sexy! you're looking HOTT! will get you deleted faster than anything with me).... Ask questions, pull from the girl's profile and ask things about her.....

those are just a few of my tips =)
    Good luck!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think singles sites in general are frustrating. I don't even know how many times I have been on a singles site, nor can I remember all the ones I've been on. I have met a handful of men in "real life" that I met on those sites, but none of them worked out. In fact, all but one ended up being creepy. The one that wasn't was a nice, normal guy, who drove up to MI from WV to meet me while I was in college. Great guy, great family, but we were in different places in our lives at the time (literally and figuratively).

Anyway, I am on one right now - I just joined a few nights ago. I did get a message and a wink already from an unemployed man in his 40's in CA, so it already looks "promising"..... :ohwell:

I probably haven't seen the "sign" yet that it isn't meant for me to be on those sites. I am not one to give up easy, but we're talking about 12 years now using these things with no success. I think hitting age 30 is a little tougher because so many are already married or have kids, etc., so the pool keeps shrinking. Not to mention, we probably get a little pickier as we get older!