I want to loose weight..

Options
So I have been dieting since Jan. 3rd, more of a lifestyle change and an eye opener, keeping my calories around 1200, drink 64 ounces a water typically, and going to the gym and running on the elliptical and the stationary bikes.. And going to Zumba 3x a week.. Please dnt make me feel bad with any rude comments.. Please use tact.. I have seen some weight loss.. But just I'm not patient.. Am i seriously going to have my body back before summer?...

Things I have changed in my daily routines:
I use to not go to the gym and now I'm in the gym all the time
I use to drink 2-8 cokes a day.. and I haven't had a coke since Jan. 3rd
All I drink is water
I use to never count calories, or carbs.. Now I count them and count my sugar intake..

Is there anything in the gym I could be doing that will help me get my results?

Replies

• CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Treadmill.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Your doing fine. Go on youtube, look at success stores, look at some body inspirations, just keep the motivation up. Cause I promise you, if you keep going hard you'll see results. Just eat healthy & train dirty!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) How much do you want to lose by summer? Is it realistic?

2) The weight comes off when it wants to. Do the right things and wait. The results will come.

3) Are you eating back your exercise calories? Netting too low will actually hinder your healthy weight loss.

4) Your exercise set-up sounds wonderful and ideal for getting a rad body!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, Treadmill, high interval stationary bike or Eliptical. Those are some good ones that I really loved using but if you want more than core and legs (as those are mostly coving those area's) then you want to look around at the machines and find out which area's they work on and make a plan.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    When you lose weight, your clothes will be loose.

Yup!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Patience. I started losing weight Jan. 1st 2012. By July I had lost 32 pounds, from a size 12 to a size 6. It will come off.

What is your BMR? How much are you wanting to lose? Height/Weight? To recommend things we need to know more info...
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can't loose weight, but you can LOSE weight. :)
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Throw some weights into your routine. weight training does more for your body than straight cardio.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good for you on the working out - but I'm wondering if you are eating back any calories??? If you are strict about the 1200 intake you might not be eating enough.

Also cardio is great for burning those calories and overall fat loss, but doing strength training and adding weights will really tone and shape you!!!

Good Luck!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Add strength training.

Also, start using a tape measure to check your change in inches. I'm frustrated as well by my minimal weight loss, but I'm blown away by the inches that have come off since the start of this year. I still want to see the needle on the scale move, but honestly, who cares what that number says when your body is smaller and you fit in smaller clothes?

Hang in there, and don't give up. You're right on track. I'll send you a friend request.
  • qshama
    qshama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you are doing great and i mean it...keep it up with all that u're doing....im sure u'll be ready for summer before it comes...good luck!
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    A little information about myself:
    I have two babies.. They are 1 and 2 .. So most of this weight is from being pregnant.. I am 21 years old. I am 5'2" I weigh 150 pounds right now. and I would be happy to be any between 110-120 pounds(Pre-pregnancy weight)..
  • VTSarah07
    Options
    -First, go to the website I listed below (a friend just gave it to me and its great) and calculate your TDEE. Once you have that number, subtract 20%. That should be the amount of calories you eat, however, if you skip the gym, make adjustments and eat less calories.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

-Next, go to the next website and calculate your BMR. Never eat below this number.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

-Lastly, start strength training. Lifting weights will help you lose the weight you want to. All the cardio is great, but you will have to continually increase the amount you do to get the same results. Try a bodypump class or a circuit training class if you do not feel comfortable going out in the "big boys" area at this time. But strength training is important for long term weight loss.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    *was from the pregnancy.. Im not pregnant right now lol.. That sounded like i was saying i was.. But def. not! lol
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ive been dieting since June 2012.. and we have lost the same amount of weight.. ur doing great just be patient.. i know same thing is going on with me.. ive been so good since the new year.. going to the gym..watching what i eat.. and can you believe that i have lost 1 lil ol pound in the last 3 weeks..!!!! R U KIDDING ME... its ok.. i notice a change in the clothes though.. be patient..
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    To date, I believe this is the only means in which to make your weight appear "Loose"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWHF7yjdKgJUuWQvrBtn1PdZT84Zb8_m6xGBexkFi2KMGL7pl0
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    -First, go to the website I listed before (a friend just gave it to me and its great) and calculate your TDEE. Once you have that number, subtract 20%. That should be the amount of calories you eat, however, if you skip the gym, make adjustments and eat less calories.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

-Next, go to the next website and calculate your BMR. Never eat below this number.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

-Lastly, start strength training. Lifting weights will help you lose the weight you want to. All the cardio is great, but you will have to continually increase the amount you do to get the same results. Try a bodypump class or a circuit training class if you do not feel comfortable going out in the "big boys" area at this time. But strength training is important for long term weight loss.

^This. I'm willing to bet a box of chickens (live, high quality) that you aren't eating enough.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    I forgot to include.. I go to Zumba 3x a week,
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Throw some weights into your routine. weight training does more for your body than straight cardio.

weight training does different things for your body. It builds muscle fibres and strength. This increase in muscle fibre means your body will burn more energy throughout the day. It may slow your scale weight loss for a bit, but you will continue to get thinner. Go for it!
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice.. Sorry about my spelling!