Is chewing on ice the same as drinking water?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Well yeah.. but unless you're chewing on buckets of ice a day, you're really consuming very little water that way.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Listening to someone chew on ice is one of the most obnoxious sounds I have ever heard.

I AGREE. Dude sits next to me at work and chomps ice all day - it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I have to put my ear buds in and leave them in all day. I hate it.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chewing on ice. My husband gives me a hard time for rating dining experiences based on their quality of chewable ice. As a matter of fact I am wanting to right now... hmm

HA! I do that too!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    uhm. Yes.

Also when you do drink water, drink it cold.It helps speed up your metabolism just a little.

Not enough to make a difference. That's one of those straws people grasp. You might burn about 3-4 more calories drinking cold water.

a calorie is defined as the energy needed to raise 1 g (1 ml) of water 1*C. Food calories are kilocalories (1000 calories). A liter is 1000 mL.

there, just armed you with all you need to measure the calories burned raising the temperature of most food and water for yourself...

Oh, okay. I'll just give up going to the gym and chug a gallon of ice-cold water every day instead.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

probably would be just as effective for fat loss as cardio...that's a LOT of ice though...
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    You should seriously put the cup of ice down and pick up the cup of water. You may be getting "some" water, but still won't be adequate enough for your daily water intake. ...............................
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's water, but not as much as you think. Water expands as it freezes.
    It's water, Jim. But not as we know it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-1108-1357687217-1.gif
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yeah just remember chewing on ice isn't good for the teeth.
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just because this thread is so amusing. I want to make sure that you guys know that the sound of someone chewing on ice is nasty. Like the sound a filthy pig makes when it eats. Crunching and slurping, makes me feel sick thinking about it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Just because this thread is so amusing. I want to make sure that you guys know that the sound of someone chewing on ice is nasty. Like the sound a filthy pig makes when it eats. Crunching and slurping, makes me feel sick thinking about it.

it makes me kind of warm.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't drink hot coffee at the same time.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    That gives me an idea............freeze wine...crush it and chew on that! At least I can burn some calories while getting a buzz.

hellyes1.gif
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That gives me an idea............freeze wine...crush it and chew on that! At least I can burn some calories while getting a buzz.

hellyes1.gif

Ahahahahahhhaha
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Do clean pigs sound different from filthy pigs?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    How often do you see a clean pig ?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Depends where you are. Many people keep them as pets now.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Pigs are actually quite clean. They get upset when their pen is a mess and only like the mud in the summer to help them cool down.

ETA: http://www.worldanimalfoundation.net/f/Pigs.pdf
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LOL I just wanted to see if I could fit the word "filthy" in my post.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream is like Doritos....keep eating, we'll make more

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14442-1355944586-3.gif