Looking for tips to burst a plato

Options
2»

Replies

• Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Lord you people are shot up! Try switching your diet around. You might be like many of us who hit a plateau. We eat the same types of food over and over. The body becomes highly efficient in learning how to use these foods. Try new recipes and new foods they will help confuse your body metabolism the same way different exercise programs do. Best of Luck. BTW for what its worth. Plato and Socrates had nothing on Jesus. Just sayin!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just added Shakeology into my diet and my plateau broke quick.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Bursting a plato sounds painful...

I was thinking this also...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Lord you people are shot up! BTW for what its worth. Plato and Socrates had nothing on Jesus. Just sayin!
    As a fan of Jesus', you should know better than to use His name in vain. :wink:

We're just having some fun. Hopefully the OP has a sense of humor.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just added Shakeology into my diet and my plateau broke quick.

No. Unless you just want to use this just to use it -than fine, spend the money on an overpriced shake. Shakeology doesn't have anything to do with breaking a plateau...and if someone says it does, you better provide peer reviewed studies on how and why it breaks plateaus.

Please read the links I provided and try reconfiguring your TDEE. Remember to give your body 2-3 weeks to adjust.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I totally read that as "burst a patio" and was disappointed the thread wasn't about gardening and landscaping... Oops.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Lord you people are shot up! Try switching your diet around. You might be like many of us who hit a plateau. We eat the same types of food over and over. The body becomes highly efficient in learning how to use these foods. Try new recipes and new foods they will help confuse your body metabolism the same way different exercise programs do. Best of Luck. BTW for what its worth. Plato and Socrates had nothing on Jesus. Just sayin!
    You're fun. :flowerforyou:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I love confusing my metabolism with new foods. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    plato_8e1c8f_4127391.jpg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Why more exercise and stricter calorie restriction may not always pay off:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

My metabolism is the only part of me that's NOT confused. I don't think I can afford to mess with its head like that.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Three comments for your consideraton:
    1) Patience: plateaus play a role in recovery. sometimes your body needs it, especially if you have been pushing it extra hard and not feeding it. Be careful... don't over work and under fuel your body.
    2) Shake it up. Our bodies acclimate to food and work outs pretty quickly. Add some strength training, eat more raw veggies, throw in some meditation, plyometrics, etc...
    3) Grace. Give your self some grace. not every day is going to be a move forward. Sometimes we go back a bit before marching forward again.

Keep it up and stay the course! Discouragment, based on unrealistic goals, can be the death knell to progress.

Celebrate today!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

My metabolism is the only part of me that's NOT confused. I don't think I can afford to mess with its head like that.

I am confused all the time..and I think so is my metabolism. Makes things that much more fun :laugh:
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This might help. It's from my personal collection, so please take care of it.

603344_10100717703264031_1531568052_n.jpg
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I am confused all the time..and I think so is my metabolism. Makes things that much more fun :laugh:

My metabolism took up meditating to find its center :indifferent: