Absolutely livid at husband!

Options

Replies

• Aplaxton
    Options
    Does he know you have been crying over this? that is so ****ty!!!!! That would really upset me too. Does he even know anything about eating healthy? You had a 700 calroies and chose a low cal snack. So what! is he overweight? Jealous of your motivation?

Agree to this comment :)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's your life and your health and fitness that's on the line. He may be your spouse but he does not own you nor does he have a right to sabotage you in your quest for fitness. You might set him down and talk to him. It's hard to make men understand things but you can try. Tell him you're doing this for "you" and that "you" alone make the decisions about "you." Don't let other people dictate to you or make you feel bad about what you do. At the end of the day, you are responsible for yourself and you have to live with yourself until the end of your life. You do not have to live with others. So take care of you.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i havent read all the posts , but you need to stop blaming your husband and take responsibility for your own decisions.

sometimes men and women communicate differently so maybe you need to learn to stop taking certain things so personally especially since sometimes men have no idea what effect their words will have. true they should know better BUT then again you are the one who's ultimately responsible for your feelings and reactions.

so either learn to tell him to go have a big cup of STFU or continue making excuses and stay overweight

^This^

Don't go using him saying stupid sh8t as a reason to quit!

Next time he says something so thoughtlessly mean and stupid, perhaps just reply with a curt:

"Oh honey, I appreciate you think saying stuff like this is helpful. But it is not, it just sounds MEAN and will upset me. MFP is where you can find my food diary and you can see that this food IS included in MY diet. Now let me eat my chips in peace."
  • SimplyKeia
    SimplyKeia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel. Just keep in mind why you want to diet and lose weight and brush his comments off if you can. Encouragement is essential and if you cant get it from the man that has to look at you then where shall you find it.. In Jesus!!!! Just stay prayed up
  • rosiecbolton
    rosiecbolton Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    He has been annoying tonight too, but I soon got a full apology after removing the TVs power cable and hiding it!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    OP: I think you need to learn to stick up for yourself.
  • rosiecbolton
    Options
    My husband is an absolute telly addict, removing his power cable is just about the nastiest thing I can do!

He has been told if he is an a hole again, the cable goes!
  • joannaorgovan
    joannaorgovan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    He has been annoying tonight too, but I soon got a full apology after removing the TVs power cable and hiding it!

Isn't THAT considered bullying, since he's BLIND?!
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just hit your macros everyday and say screw it, You know what you're doing. I hope.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    That bullying thing is BS! PROVE HIM WRONG girl! I will be totally satisfied if u douche him.....
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    1st of all, its not a "diet" it's a lifestyle change.
    2nd, why do you care what he thinks? You need to tell him to keep his opinions to himself and just ignore him.
  • rosiecbolton
    Options
    Even if he was not blind I would hide the cable-it is nothing to do with his disability. I am disabled also and am sensitive towards these issue.
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So many people, including my husband think that you can loose weight and eat anything but super health stuff. I lost 35 pounds last year (yes I have gained some back :-)) watching my calories and exercising. I still had dairy queen on occation, I had chocolate almost every day. My husband would also nag me about weighing everything I ate. He would say something almost every time I entered my food and ask me how the heck i could be accurate if i wasn't weighing and measuring everything. I had to learn to ignore him and realize it was his issue not mine. He could complain or pick on me as much as he wanted but I lost the weight despite his "help".

I guess my point is, let his issues be his issues. If you are hungry eat. If you are loosing the weight what you are doing must be working.
  • joannaorgovan
    Options
    Even if he was not blind I would hide the cable-it is nothing to do with his disability. I am disabled also and am sensitive towards these issue.

Two wrongs don't make right.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    A simple, calm "I saved up calories today so I could eat this. Please let me enjoy them." is all you need to say.

Exactly! I explained my diet plan to my husband and over time my kids have heard about it too. I've never heard the kinds of comments from them that I've heard others here talk about. From friends who don't understand or don't listen when I do explain it...then yes they're the ones who have said "are you sure you can eat that?" or "can you eat this?" I simply say yes I can. I have x amount left for the day so I have plenty of points and or calories left for the day. I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits in with my points and or calories. Now my friends will drop off pie for the kids and put a note on it saying..sorry not sure if you can eat any of this or not but made it for the family. Have some if you can. I'll have a tiny sliver if I have the room for it.

Try to explain it to him and keep it simple. It might take some time for it to sink in. He'll get there.
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    I have learned that after many many attempts at losing wieght that it has to come from within. I finally don't care what the nay sayers say I know I need to do this for myself and myself alone and everything will fall into place health and fitness wise. I love my husband and believe that he thinks he is helping but his help gets under my skin and now I am just doing what i know I need to do and find it very harmonous that I at this time am not sharing this with him and I am doing better. MFP is my support and its great. Thank you all so much!!!!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Denying a blind guy access to the telly??? HMMM??

If the OP is not a troll...she is eating well over 1100 cals and the reason she is staying hungry is that the majority of her diet consists of candy, sugar and pastries. I have a feeling that hubby just may have a legitimate point in this matter.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

Isn't THAT considered bullying, since he's BLIND?!

wow sounds like you're just as mean as he is.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Take that anger and use it to prove him wrong. You can also use to fuel a great workout - even if it's a long walk to clear your head. Remember - he's not the boss of you. Also remember, you're body is a temple - and you are the gate-keeper. If you know what I mean. :O)
  • joannaorgovan
    Options
    The OP is eating well over 1100 cals and the reason she is staying hungry is that the majority of her diet consists of candy, sugar and pastries. I have a feeling that hubby just may have a legitimate point in this matter.

Agreed. Diary needs to be cleaned up and get rid of all the sugary processed foods. It's way over 1100 calories. Somethin's amiss in Denmark.