What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oats, raisins, flaked almonds, linseed and skimmed milk. Usually comes in between 230 and 250 cals!
  • AmyMadeUp
    Options
    2 slices of nimble bread toast and an egg, either fried or boiled! Check out my blog/ youtube chanel for tips, advice, confession stories and weight update!

www.amymadeup.wordpress.com

Good luck everyone!

Amy
  • leyshockl
    leyshockl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have 1/3 C egg beaters, 1/4 cup black beans and 1 T salsa, all mixed together in one pan. I used to just have the egg beaters but found that with the addition of black beans I stay full longer and get a little more protein without many calories.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    Today I had Ezekiel bread English muffin toasted, with 2 soft poached eggs and wilted spinach and a little cracked pepper and a cup of hot, strong, black French Roast coffee.
  • SkippyTheCangaroo
    Options
    Usually 40g of some nutty, fruity muesli mixed up with natural or flavoured yoghurt.
    Sometimes, though, I feel more like porridge or egg, ham and cheese on a slice of toast.
    These three are my standard breakfasts, I switch them every 3 days or so.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Current favorite.

Barley, about 8 blackberries and 1 Tbs. of maple syrup with a hard boiled egg.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    Oatmeal is my thing right now. That or cold cereal with soy milk which cuts the milk calories in half!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble getting my protein in, so I decided to start having cottage cheese in the morning. I've been adding half a cup into my Better than Oats Light n Fit instant oatmeal. I think it tastes decadent and it's quick. Otherwise, I have my other favorite cereal, Special K Cinnamon Pecan. If I have time, I also have a piece of fruit. This morning however, I had a 3 egg white omelete with left over chicken, reduced fat cheese and guacomole that my son and I just made. I'm also going to try the guacomole in tuna, have read that tuna is great with advocadoes, so I thought I'd try it. I didn't eat breakfast for years but have found that I'm doing much better with my lifestyle change eating it, and I often work out in the morning, so I need that fuel. I also always have my cup of coffee (which I cut back from three with lots of sugar free creamer, now it's black).
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    English muffin with 2 tbsp peanut butter and a sliced fuji apple

Either that or a breakfast burrito made with turkey sausage or bacon, red & yellow bell pepper, onion, some low fat cheddar and 1 egg all scrambled together and wrapped in a soft taco shell topped with salsa.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always have oatmeal porridge and 1-2 cups of coffee for breakfast.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Today I had a 2 egg mature cheddar omelette with plum tomatoes, a slice of wholemeal toast, 2 slices of ham, and a drink of almond milk with a double espresso to finish :smile:
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bran flakes and almond milk with black coffee. or a piece of fruit if i'm in a hurry
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1 scrambled egg in butter topped with shredded cheese; 2 turkey bacon slices; 4 oz of Cran-grape juice. 254 calories. Somedays I add a Paleo muffin for 185 calories more.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Protein cake. 1 scoop protein powder, 2 tbsp. cocoa, 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, (banana optional), stevia, and baking powder. Mix in a bowl. Microwave 2-3 minutes. Bowl of cake for breakfast.

That's my kind of breakfast...yum. Definitely trying this.

My typical breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs, 2-3 slices of Turkey Bacon and a Protein Shake, or a VitaTop Muffin and White Tea if I don't have time to cook.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's 1 degree here so it was a perfect morning for oatmeal (1/2 c uncooked) with 3 large strawberries diced, a splash of vanilla almond milk and a teaspoon of stevia in the raw. YUMMY! :wink:
  • lbrossano
    lbrossano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coffee with milk (lowfat) and cottage cheese or greek yogurt with all different kinds of fruit - pineapple, berries, melon, kiwis.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    kashi crunch -- either 1 cup or 3/4 cup
    1 chobani yogurt (mix them together)
    green tea
    banana
    that's usually
    450-500 calories.

OR
    oatmeal, raisins, banana, cinnamon, almonds, green tea (usually like 350 calories)

I need high calorie and high protein in the AM -- or else I am starving!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Usually Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with Honey 190 Calories And a banana about100 Calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfasts are either -

2 or 3 eggs fried in coconut oil
    Sourdough toast with butter
    Navel orange
    Black coffee

or

1/2 cup multi-grain oatmeal
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries (or other fresh fruit)
    Handful of walnuts
    1 tbs honey
    Cinnamon

Some weekends or holidays I go all out and fix pancakes or waffles & bacon when the fam is home - yum yum!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    his morning was microwave oatmeal with lowfat milk.
    i/4 cup oats
    1/2 cup lowfat fat milk
    1tbs. dried tart cherries
    1tbs chopped pecans
    Then I drink the other 1/2 cup milk

Other mornings it may be peanutbutter whole wheat toast, or englis muffin, or bagel with the lowfat milk.Or it could be cottage cheese and some kind of fruit. I try to vary my breakfast all the time.:smile: