How do you keep motivated every day?

Options
124»

Replies

• atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy for me. Looking at my 4 year old every day wanting to be there for her longer than my mother was able to be there for me. Happy and healthy.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I simply can't stand life as an out-of-shape person.
    On the positive side, I just love how it feels to be fit.
    My idea of fun is physical activity. So to lose fitness sounds like...a bummer!
    I want to be beautiful, and fitness IS beauty.
  • cnewlin86
    Options
    My motivation right now comes from the fact that I feel SO much better because I am working out! My mood is better, I have a better outlook on life and my stress level is down! It also helps when my husband notices a difference and I see inches falling off! Plus I have the cutest 4 year old that encourages me to work out because he wants to work out with me! I love watching him try to do the moves! ;-) Another thing I have is a picture of what I look like at my heaviest and what I use to look like and I keep striving towards looking better and away from the overweight me!
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Just push yourself because everyone can agree that you feel better after you know you had a good work out.

SO, .................IT FEELS GOOD.:happy:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am ridiculous and sign up for crazy things that require me to get better physically and mentally so I cannot slack off... that and my friends list kicks *kitten* so really I don't need to much motivation.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    tJzqgvi.png
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Training for this climb in July is my current motivator.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5q2qcvq6xCdnaSyLh-7E8JmVMAkkvRMJzF-MYg9j8mfGDeFaiSQ
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I set small monthly goals because a month is so short i can do anything for 4 weeks..so far thats been working for me
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have my 7 yr old son who is like my little cheerleader, he gets home from school every afternoon and says 'mummy did you do your exercises yet?' I love that he never forgets, and when I dont want to exercise I still do...setting a good example for my kids
  • Susannepowell
    Options
    I just joined today si I am pretty motivated right now. But for the future I think reading the message boards will help. Plus if I'm on the computer reading your comments then I'm not in the kitchen.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm not motivated every day. I've been doing this a little over a year and it goes in waves. What stays constant is I MUST exercise 4-5 days a week (barring injuries and illness). I don't have to be in the mood. I just have to do it. Like getting up. Getting dressed. Going to work. Going to the bathroom. Eating. I just do it. If it's feeling really repugnant I change things up. Do a different class, a different exercise, ride a bike, go for a walk I just do it.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How do I stay motivated, I look in the mirror and do not like what I see, I look in my closet and that is worse! I have tried so many programs and different ways to lose weight, I know this time I will succeed because I want it!!!! I am only accountable to me with MFP and I like that!!!
    I tried Jenny, Sure Slim (which worked but lost my motivation), Slim fast...does not work...I am not a gym rat, not will ever be. I just want to be healthier in order to be able to keep up with my young grand children. I want to travel and enjoy life instead of having to sit on the sidelines cause I am too fat to do all I want to do...so I am doing it...that is my motivation...LIFE!
  • unbeknownst
    unbeknownst Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think about how euphoric I feel after I am done with a workout.

I think about the healthy baby I want to have.

Sometimes I just don't even THINK. Just no decision to make. I put on my workout clothes and get out the door.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to stop being unhappy with myself. I hate myself when I look in the mirror. I want to be a mom that my 11 month old son can be proud of, not one that he is ashamed of. It's a daily, Hell an Hourly, struggle for me sometimes. I have little setbacks, but I'm still trudging ahead.

The one thing I look forward to is my Cheat Saturdays. Yes, I have cheat days. It's one day a week and I still go to the gym that day. No, I don't care what anyone thinks about cheat days. They keep me sane.

I also set myself daily and weekly goals. I take my weight goals in small one month increments. The smaller goals give just as much satisfaction when I reach them, but I'm not stressing over the big goal.

I think it is important to have a day off...or if you want call it a cheat day...you are never going to succeed if you never let down your guard;;..day off does not include day off of exercise though...just a calorie count day off...I have one a week as well and it works for me.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love the sticker idea and might try that. I don't really have something that is motivating me everyday but getting up and working out. I have 5 kids and I homeschool them and am a stay at home Mom and I figure what is motivating for me is the fact that eating right and exercising is de-stressing. I am able to focus more. I know that food shouldn't be a motivator but I reward myself on Saturday with a treat if I have stayed within my calories all week. I am also doing a weekly reward system with my Mom who is also doing MFP and we are competitive enough to really want those $5 rewards.:bigsmile:
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Since my hobby is hula hoop & dancing, I stay motivated trying to get fit to improve my skills there. I used to take tons of dance classes when I was younger and in better shape and there are certain moves I just can't do due to being out of shape, so I look at my diet & fitness regime as cross training for that. Having concrete goals like hooping tricks I need more arm strength for or dance turns I need more core strength for makes it feel less like a diet and more like working toward mastering a skill.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have three motivating factors.

1. Competing with family and friends. We're all using different methods and can exchange ideas, but the friendly competition is nice. Nothing gets me out for a run faster, than a text from one of my supervisors at work sending me a pic of how he beat my best 5k time. And good-natured teasing of one another helps.

2. I want to be awesome. I compete with myself endlessly. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but it really only works well, if you keep a good track of what you're doing. Every entry has me reflecting on the success of previous days and how much better I feel as a result, which also really helps.

3. FITBIT. God, I love it so much. I had to wait for a replacement and in the downtime, admittedly did less. I have it now. It makes me want to get up and move. Just talking about it has got me texting my friend to see if she'd like to take a walk.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This site helps me keep motivated, also looking at peoples successful before and after pictures of weight loss really helps me stay on track. I also picture a thinner me in my head everyday and think of how badly i want it!