Will all restaurants have to list their calorie info??

Options
124»

Replies

• ImmaZombie
    Options
    ...In NYC most places have to post calories. I love it

I need to move to NYC! They don't do that in Oklahoma.. just the fast food places.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You want misleading? I'll give you misleading:

Cheesecake Factory's Crispy Chicken Costoletta - According to the menu, it's a chicken breast lightly breaded and sautéed to a crispy golden brown. It is served with a lemon sauce, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus.

Doesn't sound too bad right?

According to CSPI, it also has 2,610 calories, more than a 12-piece bucket of original recipe Kentucky Fried Chicken, and 4½ days' worth of saturated fat (that's over 90 grams).

Putting that information on a menu would probably keep people from ordering it. In NYC most places have to post calories. I love it

Here is a little anecdote I can give ya...

The girl that works at my doctor's office waitresses at Cheesecake Factory. She said ever since they've posted their calorie information their patronage has dropped significantly. Enough to cause menu favorites to be completely redone just to try to get people to come back. I know I was a bit surprised when I last went there and saw some of those numbers. A whole day's worth of calories for seemingly innocuous items. A couple of years ago I would go there once in awhile, get the egg roll things, chicken and biscuits and godiva cheesecake slice. That's probably what, 4000 calories? LOL
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think that restaurants are going to have to change the way they make food and start thinking about how to make them healthier...you'd think they'd catch onto the fact that veggies would drastically reduce their calorie numbers including the shrinking of the carbs portions. The reality is they give you enough potato to drown yourself in which is insane! No one needs to eat three potatoes at one sitting.