Over 40, hopefully not too late!

Options
Tired of making the excuses, just hit my 42nd birthday and yet again I'm still not where I want to be! So I'm starting all over again. Really need to add like minded women to motivate each other to reach our goals!

Replies

• pongo609
    Options
    I just had my 43 birthday and I feel ya! I had a really good start a couple of years ago and lost a lot of weight only to let life get in the way and gain it back. I am on the right track again and determined! We can get there!!!
  • integrityblue
    integrityblue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I JUST signed up for this site and found your post.. Im 44 so you are surely not too late! I just bought a fit bit one.. cant wait to get it in the mail. Good luck in your weight loss journey
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and I am doing it...it can be done! Best wishes on your journey. If you want motivation and encouragement and want to give that support too feel free to add me as a friend! You can do it!
  • ladybyrd388
    ladybyrd388 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you loose so much weight so fast. Are you consistently under your daily goal. How much do you exercise. I just started and trying not to be discouraged coming out of the gate.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I joined back on January 4th. You are more than welcome to add me.

:bigsmile:
  • Sweetiekat54
    Sweetiekat54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm *just* starting to use this site to help me keep track and stay motivated. My precious husband and I are working on our weight loss and fitness together. I'm 55 and I have long had a difficult time keeping weight off. However, I'm also of the same mind as you, I am nowhere near where I want to be and I am starting now to get rid of all this excess weight I've picked up. I have a goal of losing 150 pounds total. I'm that far overweight. I'd be glad to join you as we get ourselves where we need and want to be. You're *never* too late to get going on a healthy goal. I'd be glad for you to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I am 48, and I have lost 43 pounds. It is never too late. Get started now. You won't regret it. I kept putting it off, and finally couldn't stand it anymore.
  • Eureka40
    Eureka40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, its good to know someone else is doing it at this stage!
  • ajsjourney
    ajsjourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 43 and looking to maintain the weight loss this time! Add me and we can motivation each other! :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, turning 39 and the end of May. I'm a little younger than you, but not by that much. I found losing 25 pounds to be relatively easy, which was a little surprising considering my age and I just assumed it was impossible for some reason. Right now I'm pretty close to my high school weight.Tracking made it easy.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 - and it had better not be too late!!
  • lestabeads
    Options
    Hey, I'm 57, so you are a chicken! It is true that it is never too late, but it does get harder as we get older, and it has to be a commitment to a forever way of eating. Add me as a friend if you like, I am just starting, and would like to have a few friends on here to share thoughts, good and bad days.
  • Ghiizhar
    Ghiizhar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OK, not a female, but am married to one. She's 60 and had lost around 100 in the past few years. I'm 65 and lost 60 during 2011 - mid 2012, then gained back 20 by end of 2012. Started MFP a few weeks ago, and lost 6 lbs so far - so NO, it's not too late for someone in their 40's!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tired of making the excuses, just hit my 42nd birthday and yet again I'm still not where I want to be! So I'm starting all over again. Really need to add like minded women to motivate each other to reach our goals!

I uinderstand completely!!! I lost someweight last year, but I also backslide a bit. At 43, I have a way to go before I reach my goal. Feel free to add me.
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, so it better not be too late! Feel free to add me (and anyone else in this thread feel free. I'd especially like to find friends that are also just on the brink of becoming empty nesters. I have one boy in college and one a senior in high school. )

Jo
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 this year. Welcome to your new life :) You can add me anytime.
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started at 39 to be a new me at 40.... Now i'm 40 and starting again! Have found some really supportive friends on here and I'm loving it! Feel free to add me as a friend... any of you! I'd love to be in touch w/ other people my age! We can do it! ;)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Kimi turned 43 last October and yes at this age we can do it ! All friends welcome, add Me if you want some support.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It is never too late! I turn 45 this year and I am in better shape at 44 than I was at 24. You seem to have the desire to want to do it, and trust the group here it can be done and its never too late. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or need any support or motivation. Good luck!