What's your favourite fat burning exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Exercycle - you can get a fantastic burn once you're bike fit.
    Swimming - because you're using virtually every muscle in you body.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Lifting the right foods and the right amounts to my mouth to create a reasonable deficit to maximize fat loss but retain muscle.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Sleep, and calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good gosh people. Theyre asking about new fat burning exercises, not eating
    less. Eating less is not an "exercise".
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Maybe not, but those posters are subtly emphasizing the fact that diet is 90% of the battle.
  • EvaD12
    EvaD12 Posts: 49
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and running up and down stairs (I never ever though I'd say that but its oddly enjoyable and burns a ton of calories).
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Swimming. Recently discovered a love for running. Cybex Arc Trainer... I love that machine!
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Boxing is top of my list at the moment. I love Crossfit classes too, but with work and kids I haven't been to a class in at least six months. Went for a swim today and enjoyed that for some variety.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I like walking and lifting weights
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Eating right and weights. Cardio is supplementary to me. Same for my other half - zero cardio done to earn her body:

yo220113.jpg
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eating right and weights. Cardio is supplementary to me. Same for my other half - zero cardio done to earn her body:

yo220113.jpg

GOTDAYUM!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Zumba, hiking, weight lifting but remember weight control begins and ends in the kitchen.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Frying bacon...but I like to stop short of actually burning the fat.
  • Areallovebird
    Options
    Kettlebells, running and walking.

Kettlebells is Fabtastic for toning...I can see a hint of a tint of some delicious abs forming around my tummy. My shoulders and arms are getting stronger. In 3 weeks I've gone from a 4kg to a 6kg and am already contemplating the 8kg. I find myself grinning like a Cheshire cat whenever I manage to do something I couldn't do before. Great self-motivator.

Running feels good because it pumps the lymph and gives me a good clear out. My head feels clear after a run. I like that BIG TIME! Got plantar fasciitis at the moment, so have given that a break so my feet can heal.

Walking is wonderful because it gets me out with nature, away from screens and rejuvenates my soul. It's also an adventure, a chance to explore, discover someplace new. I find it meditative. One of my ambitions is to walk the Bibbulmun Track in Australia.

Swimming bores the costume off me, but that said... I love how I feel after a swim. (One of my best pals swims most days but he loves using that time to meditate or to plan his daily goals. He's into open water charity swims and trains hard.) Same with gym workkouts, I find I loathe wasting time getting to/from, when there's a DVD I can pop on to do kettlebells.

Had a taster of some boxing the other day. It was a LOT of hard effort, but also fun.

Also I look for ways to fit little extra bits in:
    Park in the spot furthest from the door e.g. supermarket.
    Avoid lifts and count stairs.
    Walk the long route rather than the short one.
    Walk and leave the car behind
    Carry it rather than use a trolley/equipment.
    Do it myrself, rather than asking someone else to fetch/do the physical stuff.
    My favourite this week has been clearing the snow off the drive and road beyond....felt good to have more energy than the 19yo neighbour's son who was doing it with me!

I guess I enjoy it when I've set a goal / improvement even if goal is unspecific.
    For me it's about what makes me feel good, plenty of variety, and beating my previous best.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Maybe not, but those posters are subtly emphasizing the fact that diet is 90% of the battle.

I know, but its not what she was asking. and why dont they just say that then instead of being smarta$$es? Annoying.