Any "Stepping out of y/our comfort zone" Success Stories?

Options
124»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I was not a runner. Never could be a runner. My body wasn't right for it. I have exercise induced asthma.

Then I did the Couch to 5k app.

I can run a 10 minute mile now and I'll be doing a virtual 10k on Mother's Day.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Stepping outside of my comfort zone has helped me to grow emotionally and boost my self-confidence. It all started when I picked up weights and put them back down. If I can do that as a woman in her 50's then I can do just about anything. One thing has led to another and I ran my first 5K (placed second in my age group) last year, learned how to ski last year, went on a 188 mile whitewater rafting/camping trip in the Grand Canyon last month, and am planning a cycling trip around the Finger Lakes in upstate NY this summer. I hope to continue to find physical challenges and make up for the first 50 years of my life.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Pushups. I've never been able to do more than 1 or 2 military style pushups, but at age 51 I decided I was going to learn to do them. It took longer than expected and I still hate them, but I can do them now. I'm almost up to sets of 25.

One thing checked off the bucket list, I guess.

Honey I used to dread and HATE push-ups/military style, with a passion. Now, I secretly can hardly wait until I get around the circuit training course along my walking trail to the push-ups area to do them! I'm up to 52 of those bad boys...not all at once--YET, but heading around the trail twice--sometimes 20-30 one time and 15-25 on the way back. LOVE doing push-ups now, they make me feel like a super woman! I'm even starting to like sit-ups too--kinda sorta:indifferent: . Definitely stepping outside of the comfort zone with these types of old-school exercises for SURE. Go girl--GO!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Stepping into the male dominated lifting section of my gym (back in Feb/Mar)
  • dkberger98
    dkberger98 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just yesterday told my friend that I need someone to come and push me at the gym I want to run but always tell myself after a minute or minute and a half that i'm dying and need to walk how do I get through this spot. Help I want to break this zone
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Well I started walking then every other light pole I would TRY to run/ jog (I'm sure it's someone's fast pace walk ) lol then I would try to catch my breath ..... Then run again .... It's stepping way out cause ..... It's embarrassing at my age/size I can't run for very long but I'm TRYING

I'm going to try this....it'll be stepping out my comfort zone big-time too, but sounds like something I can do--not that I want too, but can do and will--thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!