What Food Did You Eat as Child That Would Gross You Out Now?

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    One time, no lie, my brother caught me scraping off the filling from a whole pack of Oreos in the kitchen. With a butter knife. I was just eating the filling and throwing the cookie parts in the trash! He yelled at me so bad! Now I think of that sweetness overload and just want to throw up...

Also, Vienna sausages. The kind that came in the little pop top cans. Were those even meat?!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Chef Boyardee Ravioli. I loved the stuff as a kid.

I Hate the stuff now!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Dried squid. Basically, squid jerky. Wow, you'd get the most intense squid breath. Only the people who loved you could be in the same room.

I nominate this message as "best new found insult ever -- "Squid Breath!" I'm going to have to remember and use that! Awesome!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    We ate a LOT of processed foods. My children wanted me to buy them spaghettios, something I ate as a child.

I could NOT even stomach the smell.

Also, bell peppers. LOVED them as a child. Cannot stand them now. It's one of my few NO WAY, JOSE fresh foods.
  • lyssielou1620
    lyssielou1620 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TUNA

I hate tuna now, like almost want to vomit when I smell it now, but I used to eat it all the time as a kid.
    WEIRD!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Microwave cheeseburgers.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i am such a baby - i still love rice with butter, fish sticks and would love to try a fluffernutter. I haven't had on in like 40 years!!!
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    McDonalds

I would also say milk but I never really drank it... sometimes chocolate or banana milk
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Butter by the spoon full. I hate butter now!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and Milk.

I have not had a single glass of milk since I was 5. I absolutely will not drink it.

Mushrooms, I used to pop them from the can as a kid. Now, the texture is just blech. Squishy, eww.
  • klof1901
    klof1901 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cold hot dogs!
  • specialmeandmore
    specialmeandmore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Corned beef hash..... yuck!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Fish sticks and tuna noodle casserole. Blah! I also took cinnamon Graham crackers and milk and put it in the microwave. So gross!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    Where do I start? We were extremely poor so ate off the farm. Potato soup....not bad so far....but, how about chicken foot soup? Cows heart and tongue....yeah, never eating those things again!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    School Syrup over my cornflakes
    Doritos 3D chips filled with fruit drink
    Peanut Butter and sugar sandwiches
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    probably Chef boyarde products but most of the weird stuff I actually still eat like cornbread and ketchup, big sour pickle with a now and later inserted into the middle of it. ummm I ate rice with butter and sugar but I wouldn't eat it now, not because its gross but because that is very unhealthy.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Vienna sausages
    Braunschweiger
    Olive loaf (lunch meat)

I'm vegetarian now. I just wish I had a vegetarian replacement for corned beef hash. That's the only childhood food I sort of miss from time to time.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Dill Pickle Sandwiches

I ADORE PB and pickle sandwiches <3.

And hotdogs totally gross me out now, ewww.
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    Vienna Sausages
    Spam
    Marshmallows
    Fruit Roll-ups

Oh...and rice with sugar sprinkled on it.