Weird food habits?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I'm the only person I know who does this, but I can't eat an egg unless I take out those two little white thingies attached to the yolk. I'm ok if someone else cooks it, but if I'm making it...they have to come out.

A lot of us have weird food habits...what are yours? :)

Replies

• themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Not me, but my friend won't eat meat off the bone. She has to dissect her food completey and make sure all fat, tendons, veins, etc. are out of the meat before she'll eat it. It's quite annoying. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    When I cut up and cook chicken, each piece has to be the same size. I'll either cut it on the cutting board or cut it once it's in the pan. It's kind of an obsessive compulsion. I have quite a few of those, though. :P
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Not me, but my friend won't eat meat off the bone. She has to dissect her food completey and make sure all fat, tendons, veins, etc. are out of the meat before she'll eat it. It's quite annoying. :)

I'm exactly like that. :laugh: Actually, I prefer to not even order anything on the bone. And, all my friends think it's annoying, too! :wink: I get picked on quite a bit.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll eat pretty much anything but I have a friend who won't eat meat off the bone too, or tomatoes or tomato based sauces (including ketchup) or spicy food, or runny food next to dry food, or cold food next to hot food.

She also doesn't like cheese.

I never invite her over for dinner!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I eat the crusts of my sandwiches off first, on both sides of the sandwich before I will take a bite out of the filling. I don't think it's that odd but my hubby laughs at me

I think he is the one with the wierd habits- he also won't eat food off the bone and dissects all meat to remove fat and gristle, and he wont eat lamb, duck or pork as it is too fatty.

But.... he will eat spare ribs even though they are pork and on the bone (apparently it doesnt look like a real animal cos its a straight bone) and he will eat doner meat, and shredded duck in pancakes. Make any sense to you? it doesn't me! lol
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    not an eating thing, but I can't cut broccoli on the cutting board. I hate those little things that get everywhere. I have to cut it with a paring knife.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I'm the only person I know who does this, but I can't eat an egg unless I take out those two little white thingies attached to the yolk. I'm ok if someone else cooks it, but if I'm making it...they have to come out.

A lot of us have weird food habits...what are yours? :)

I do that, too! They just gross me out!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I do the egg thing too & don't eat meat off a bone either. *shrug* A bunch of my other food issues are OCD related -like the girl with the same size chicken pieces. Like eating chips or crackers or cookies in even numbers, making sure when I scoop out ice cream its leveled off before putting it back in the freezer, quesadillas have to be folded perfect with no overlapping edges, pizza toppings evenly spaced...things like that.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Haha I totaly have to take those little white things out of the egg too before I cook it. I call it the little egg boogers!! Hahahaha Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Haha I totaly have to take those little white things out of the egg too before I cook it. I call it the little egg boogers!! Hahahaha Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I'm glad it's not just me, because I've never met anyone in real life who does it. My daughter started doing it for a while, but she got lazy, and stopped. lol

They look like little egg umbilical cords. :sick:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    This is fun!

When I eat a salad, I eat all/most of the lettuce first and save the good stuff for last!

I also dislike chocolate (SHOCKING, I KNOW). I just never want to eat it.
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fri 03/12/10 07:54 AMQUOTE:

I'm exactly like that. Actually, I prefer to not even order anything on the bone. And, all my friends think it's annoying, too! I get picked on quite a bit.

yep that's me to! and when i ate pizza I had to eat the crust first it's the part I like least and I'm like that with just about all food I find what I think is the perfect bite then eat all around it so it's last, candy when i ate it would be eatten in sections M&m's eat off the candy shell then the chocolate that kind of stuff, grapes I peel the skin but i eat it, then the grape itself.
    My ex hated watching me eat chicken wings I would pull out alittle bit of meat and leave the skin and most of the meat that actually touched the bone, on the other hand my kids loved it they got the left over part, of course I'm not as bad anymore.
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You know I never noticed those things with the eggs, now I don't think I'll ever make an egg again just to be looking for it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I swish everything I drink in my mouth before I swallow it. I never realized that I did this until someone pointed it out to me. Now I really try hard not to do it anymore because I don't want to look like a complete weirdo.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options

haha! I don't like meat on the bone either!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Gutter> That just means that you are a drink connoisseur, and prefer to enjoy your drink!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I do the egg thing too & don't eat meat off a bone either. *shrug* A bunch of my other food issues are OCD related -like the girl with the same size chicken pieces. Like eating chips or crackers or cookies in even numbers, making sure when I scoop out ice cream its leveled off before putting it back in the freezer, quesadillas have to be folded perfect with no overlapping edges, pizza toppings evenly spaced...things like that.

LOL!! I evenly space out my pizza toppings too! I always bite the heads off the teddy grahams crackers, then the arms, then the legs before I will eat the rest. I eat my sides before I eat the main course of dinner. Food can never be touching unless it is mashed potatoes and peas.......*sigh* I have endless OCD issues........ whenever I eat waffles I have to have butter in each one of the little individual squares before I will put syrup on top.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I cut my spaghetti noodles into bite sized pieces instead of rolling them on a fork with a spoon. And corn on the cob has to have those little handle thingys, I won't eat it otherwise. I think those are both cleanliness things, but I still get teased.

We won't go into all the tings I won't eat because of their "texture"........................
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    We won't go into all the tings I won't eat because of their "texture"........................

I can't eat tomatoes because of their texture, but I love anything tomato-based.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options

I'm the same way. =) It just grosses me out. I don't order meat on a bone at all.

I also have to pull the white things out of the eggs first. THey are stringy and gross.