Options

Replies

• scot1026
    Options
    About every other day.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    everyday. I am obsessive and I probably wont change.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I like to check the scales everyday but my official weigh in is on a thurs evening xxx
  • nyemu
    nyemu Posts: 43
    Options
    I step onto the scale everyday (sometimes twice a day:blushing: ) but only record my Sunday morning reading.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    try not to only use the scale if you are working out as well. You may not be losing weight, but losing fat and gaining muscle (another debatable topic).

The best way to track is to do a combination of tracking your weight and tracking your measurements as well. (stomach, legs, arms, chest, ect.)
  • rebeccamoller3
    Options
    I am slightly obsessive and weigh every day, if the number is high , then I eat less or do more! To be honest if the number is down by a pound or so then I log it. I log as a way to motivate myself, so that I do not put that pound back on as I really do not want to ever have to log that I have gained weight.

May seem weird, and what works for one person may not work for the other, but tbh I have been doing this for around 2 weeks now, so I must be doing something right! xxx
  • Purple_Night
    Purple_Night Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyday out of interest as i like seeing it going up and down. I only record the weight once a week though -every Saturday (don't know why Saturday but i think it was when i started to take this seriously).
  • fitnessfreeky
    Options
    EVERY DAY! I am at my goal, and I need to know every morning how much I weigh, so I can adjust my calorie intake for the day.
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    I used to weigh every day but got quite disheartened by how the scales would go up and down from day to day and never really felt I was getting anywhere, just switched to weekly, got on this morning and felt very happy when I'd lost 4lb :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Every day, with the knowledge that it will fluctuate and means nothing in the short term, but I just enjoy statistics and graphs.

Same here :tongue:

Me too.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Daily. Habits die hard. I do it after I use the restroom but before I get dressed.
  • barboryte1
    barboryte1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to weight once a week. But after reading an article that we should learn how to maintain our weight first and then only start the process of loosing weight, I am following the suggestion of weighting myself daily for next two weeks. This allows me to learn natural weight fluctuations.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself every day. It can be frustrating. Just weigh yourself once a week first thing in the morning.

That number just makes me push that much harder.
  • Idris42
    Idris42 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok. I know this is crazy but every day. I have a sep app on my phone that I log my weight every day. I can export to excel and then see how long it takes to lose 5 lbs Etc. Tracks my bmi also.

Official weigh in is Wednesday's here.

So far I have not stressed with the changes daily. So I will continue to do it this way.
    Is it called Libra? I downloaded that, but I haven't started using it yet.
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I walk past the scale lol The numbers don't make me feel bad or good really. I just like to do it. I am OCD about things and that just happens to be one of them *shrugs*
  • jltorres0214
    Options
    every day - i can't help it

Me too! haha :D
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I go up some days, down others, but don't really get too bummed over a gain. 2-3 pounds can come or go over the course of a day, easily.

I keep a calender in the bathroom, and write my weight that morning on it. It helps to look at the week prior, and see what the weights are 6,7, and 8 days ago. Typically speaking, no matter how much I may be up one day over the last, the trend on a weekly scale is downward, and that keeps me satisfied.

Also, if I weighed in once a week, I would be tempted to blow the plan because of that day. Doing things that might look good short term on a scale but be detrimental to my overall goals. Things like reducing water intake the day prior, reducing calories the day prior, one big muscle damaging workout that morning. It's easier and less stressful for me to just step on the scale every morning, instead.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    every morning usually. if i weigh myself at night after weighing myself in the morning i can be up to 3kg heavier at night so i go with the morning weight because i think it's more authentic. I judge my 'weight loss'based on my clothes though.
  • ShrinkinAmberina
    Options
    Every morning after I void (with no clothing).. It is the most accurate weight plus it helps me see progress and keeps me from slipping
  • HoneyWh1te
    HoneyWh1te Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every morning at the same time...