Cleaning Calories?!?

Options

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is the OP pic of a donut being eaten? Cus if so I don't know why your hating on other peoples activities when your trying to sneak in junk food. Also, why are you looking up what other people are doing for their activities? How is that right? I hate people cleaning but Im going to try and sneak in junk food so no one can eat? Right.

I am sorry but this comment is ridiculous. If she wants to eat some junk food then so what. It is cruel to give someone any amount of crap for their choices...................................And also, when someone enters cleaning as a cardio exercise it automatically is put on the feed. One does not have to look at peoples logs to see this.

Exactly what I was thinking! And I don't see a donut in that pic, I do see a pose though!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Does it burn calories? Then what's the problem?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is the OP pic of a donut being eaten? Cus if so I don't know why your hating on other peoples activities when your trying to sneak in junk food. Also, why are you looking up what other people are doing for their activities? How is that right? I hate people cleaning but Im going to try and sneak in junk food so no one can eat? Right.

It's a coffee cup, not that it really matters.

To the OP-
    Calories in, calories out. It doesn't matter how you burn them as long as you burn them.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I dont know, if I spent a few hours on my knees scrubbing I may add it but usually I only add something if I break a sweat.
  • molliepops1962
    Options
    I never put cleaning as exercise even though I do 5 hours a day professional cleaning - what I do at home would barely register as activity compared with cleaning offices for 5 hours.

But if others do it doesn't bother me too much I think they may be fooling themselves but it isn't for me to tell them that IMO
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    you are being unreasonable, it their choice what they log, people are on here for support not to be ridiculed by other people. also if logging cleaning was a cop out m.f.p wouldn't have it as an option. if you don't like it that's your choice, delete them. no need to bring up a debate on it.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    I break a sweat when cleaning so yes I definately put it in... why do you care so much??? pay attention to your own things and stop caring so much about what others do
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I log my wife cleaning calories, it's tiring watching her clean while I'm sitting on the couch.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, between 90 - 120 minutes a day and hit goal in November.

Yesterday, I was stuck at home due to the snow, and could not go out for a run. I used all that pent up energy to clean my home properly from top to bottom. I worked up a sweat, and I could feel it in my lower back, hamstrings and arms. I logged it as exercise and ate back 50% of my cleaning calories.

Granted I would not normally log day to day housework (I am not a big fan of it any way), but when I have an intensive clean I know I have worked hard and it is not part of my normal routine.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I log my wife cleaning calories, it's tiring watching her clean while I'm sitting on the couch.

lifting up the legs for the vacuem should be on here.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    I never put cleaning as exercise even though I do 5 hours a day professional cleaning - what I do at home would barely register as activity compared with cleaning offices for 5 hours.

But if others do it doesn't bother me too much I think they may be fooling themselves but it isn't for me to tell them that IMO

But that is your job and I am sure your profile says you are very active and not sedentary... I work a desk job so yes cleaning for me is exercise lol
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets totally annoyed with people logging cleaning as an exercise? I'm turning into a bit of a cowbag about it and deleted people off my friends list because seeing it genuinely miffs me off.

I mean seriously - logging over 600 calories for light cleaning? Seriously? Come on - tell me i am not being unreasonable thinking it's a cop out?

yumad_zps70df5dd5.jpg
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

I am sorry but this comment is ridiculous. If she wants to eat some junk food then so what. It is cruel to give someone any amount of crap for their choices...................................And also, when someone enters cleaning as a cardio exercise it automatically is put on the feed. One does not have to look at peoples logs to see this.

Thats my point!!!!! She can judge others but can not be judged? Her eating a donut doesn't affect me, and my cleaning calories does not affect her. Just making a point
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Jeez. Actually, it's a cup of coffee. And the pic was taken to show off my engagement ring. But thanks for the concern.
  • molliepops1962
    Options

But that is your job and I am sure your profile says you are very active and not sedentary... I work a desk job so yes cleaning for me is exercise lol

No my profile does not say I am very active I logged in as sedentary as apart from my job and walking my rather elderly dog short distances I do not exercise at all. I have a disability that means I can only just manage my job I certainly cannot exercise too.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories you've burnt by caring so much about what other people do.

Get over yourself.
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Must say, quite a few different views. And to the ones saying 'don't post on it' THATS WHAT A FORUM IS FOR...is it not?

I was genuinely curious what other peoples views were, so thanks for answering. I don't actually get proper worked up over this, I use MFP for support and give support to people and expect it back. So I'm not gonna sit there chanting Way to Go on someones activity if it's cleaning. therefore I am not being supportive. Hence the delete.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If someone is genuinely sedentary (sitting down majority of the time) then see no harm in them logging light activity. If that motivates them to be active rather than sat on their backside surely it's a good thing?
    I smirk to myself when I see some of the activities logged but it's their own business really. Driving is one activity that amuses me - unless it's a Fred Flintstone car.....
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Why worry about what someone else is logging or how they log. I really dont care what people log its there business. I am here to support them and get support in this journey NOT judge them on what they log for there calorie burn. Why would you care?