Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    you still arent eating enough...please please please eat
  • m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    wow thanks for the feed back, really helped, some good idea what to do with them too, the guys at work can go and swing trying to put me off lol

Any one feel free to add as could do with the support and advice.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    you still arent eating enough...please please please eat

Yes this... as for a nomlet every day... eat them... eat 2 of them... they won't kill you thats for sure.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Guys

I have been eating an omelette for breakfeast this passed week, people at work are saying its totally unheathy.

Any thoughts on this? And what other things are there out there good for breakfeast?

Whoever is saying that has a strange view about food. Omelettes are full of nutrition! The more yummy you add to it, the more nutrients!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I just ate one....
  • m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    thats why i started eating omelettes to boost my cals intake, just writing out my food dairy for next week to boost it up and work it out, but really tough.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Guys

I have been eating an omelette for breakfeast this passed week, people at work are saying its totally unheathy.

Any thoughts on this? And what other things are there out there good for breakfeast?

Whoever is saying that has a strange view about food. Omelettes are full of nutrition! The more yummy you add to it, the more nutrients!

yeah, i look at it as an easy way to load up on healthy vegetables in the morning, where otherwise i wouldn't eat vegetables until dinner probably.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I often have half an avocado as a side to my omelets to add some good fats and a big glass of milk for the added calcium and additional protein. Enjoy!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Guys

Many people don't like eggs because of the fat/cholesterol. I'm not saying that's right, just what a lot of people think.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters, a slice of low-fat cheese, some ham or smoked turkey, and various veggies for my "normal" omelette... Just use some misted olive or canola oil to keep it from sticking.

Usually gets me 25g of protein, 6g of fat (3g saturated) depending, and 200 calories or less.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    3 whole egg omlette with a splash of milk, some high quality chorizo (picante if possible), onions and a little green chilli is the breakfast of champions.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg white omelette every day. Just had one with fresh spinach, black beans and a little bit of crumbled feta. Low cal, filling and delicious!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Guys

This exactly! Eggs got a bad rap a few years back. AND if you have high cholesterol, it is better to stay away from the yolks when you can, but they are wonderfully delicious and healthy and the protein is fabulous! I have an omelet every morning (1 whole egg and an egg white, with half a slice of provolone, and a slice of ham). Then I usually have a hard-boiled egg as a snack at some point during the day.

Many people don't like eggs because of the fat/cholesterol. I'm not saying that's right, just what a lot of people think.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I LOVE OMELETTES! And omelettes can be totally healthy depending on how you make it, just like anything. If you load it up with veggies, some lean meat and easy on the cheese, you've got a pretty healthy meal. Egg whites are going to be healthier than eggs with yolk. And as long as you watch your portion-size, omelettes are a great way to start your day. Tons of energy and flavor.

Egg whites will be lower calories, but not necessarily "healthier". There is a lot of nutrition, and healthy fats in the yolk. Whole eggs will give you more flavor, and a fuller omelette, too.

I love to make mine with a little cheese, sausage, and mushrooms. I'll usually use 2 whole eggs, and one egg white.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Guys

Right on. Most people don't like to research these things and they really don't understand what they are even talking about. Most of the cholesterol in eggs isn't even absorbed by the body. Plus, eggs are low in saturated fat which makes them a very good choice.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on omelettes are that they taste really good.

I'm a little worried by his profile picture (it suggests that he might have taken dieting further than mfp suggests:smile: ) but agree with Spade. If omelettes fit into your calorie count, they are a great meal. Eggs are a good food.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're putting on it.
    I love my omelettes. I usually have a 3 egg white omelette with veggies and one slice of cheese on top. Sometimes I add a little bit of chopped up ham. My favorite things to have on my omelettes are diced tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and a slice of cheese. Salsa goes great on omelettes.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    i have eggs one day and oatmeal the next, and i have a boiled egg for one of my snacks every day. in fact last week i asked my nutrionist at the va and she said i could not get a much better food than eggs. oh and by the way i lost close to 50 doing it my way
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Why are you listening to people at work? EAT
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I just ate one....

Lucky.