• lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I need help with this, too!! No matter what jeans I've got issues :(
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Get the trendy top :) lol

https://www.gettrendytop.com/

I about fell out of my chair laughing at this! My kids say my sister needs the trendy top because we always joke Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't see her butt! lol

Thanks for the posts everyone! With any luck I won't have to result to mom jeans. BLAH!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lee Slender Secrets. Seven for All Mankind. Levi's. Anything mid-rise is generally a good idea. Never, ever buy junior sized pants if you have ANY hips or *kitten* at all. (At least, that has been my experience, but I have a giant *kitten* and comparatively small waist, so YMMV)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Try on 10 jeans before you buy one.
    Wear a camisole that covers you when your shirts and jeans make a gap.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    sliver (sold at maruices ) miss me jeans or premier denim from rue 21
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've got jeans by Ann Taylor and KUT (found those in Dillards, I think?) that are mid-rise. They have less spandex in them than most women's jeans, so they don't stretch out and slide off your butt at every given opportunity.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Express jeans - many styles/cuts are available WITHOUT stretch, the main culprit in butt crack creep.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Another shout out for Maurices!!! You'll need to try on all the different "models" to find the one you love though. Orchid is my prefered model, but there are others that fit other people better. I keep trying others and keep going back to these. All the models are very different though. That's why I said try them all.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It is called 'don't get low rise jeans' simple simple! Maurices jeans are pretty much all mid-rise, which it sounds like you need. Any jean that says low rise.... just stay away if your having crack problems. Not all low-rise are like this but if you having trouble I suggest mid-rise. Any cute jean company has a mid rise cut.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You know what? This is my age showing, I'm sure, but I really prefer jeans that come up to the waist. I HAVE a waist and like to belt things there.

They're almost impossible to find, though. Old Navy Sweetheart fits pretty well, plus I wear a size smaller in that than in other brands.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't wear "mom" jeans but even with my big *kitten*, my crack never shows. There is a happy medium!

This. I like Rock & Republic, Miss Me, and BKE. Also Target has a good sizing system for jeans, if you're looking for a higher-rise cut. And they have such cute colored skinnies!
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't wear "mom" jeans but even with my big *kitten*, my crack never shows. There is a happy medium!

My preferred brands of jeans are Seven for All Mankind, Citizens of Humaity, and Joe's Jeans. Yeah, they're pricey, but they are better quality and fit me better than pretty much any other kind of jeans, and I'm really good at bargain hunting (Hello T.J. Maxx and Nordstrom Rack). Just say no to crack! Look for a pair of jeans with a "medium rise." That's not the super high "mom" jeans, but it's not low-rise like juniors jeans that wind up showing crack and giving us muffin top.

I second these brands. Seven for All Mankind jeans have what I call a s sophisticated cut. Stylish, hugs you in the right spots, and are midrise without anyone ever knowing they are midrise. Besides the TJ Max and discount places like that, I'd suggest going to trendy second hand shops. Not thrift stores, but the "We buy name brand clothing!" places. The big one around here is Plato's Closet. You can try googling and seeing what pops up for your area though!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wear midrise. They don't show anything they shouldn't, but they aren't mom jeans, either.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I did not read all of the replies...

I have a nice, big bottom area along with wide hips and thighs... My favorite jeans are GAP jeans. The don't show my crack and they fit my body just right. Old Navy jeans are a close second, however some of their styles are really tight on my thighs.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Maurices or Express fit me best. I have no hips, no butt, and no waist.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For cheaper jeans that are mid-rise, I will second the 'sweetheart' style at old navy and style '4' (I think, but they describe the styles at the store) at Target
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Calvin Klein Ultimate Skinny Jeans.
    I am an hourglass so I always get that gap in the waist if it covers my butt nicely.
    These are so flattering. No gap. And I can bend over.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Medium rise jeans, just below the belly button works fine for me :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have this problem no matter what, it seems like! Ugh. I don't take responsibility. I've come to the conclusion that I just have an abnormally high butt crack.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You may have to get your jeans tailored. It's not expensive and it's worth the money to have them fit right. There is a 10 inch difference between my waist measurement and my hips/butt measurement...this means when I buy clothes to fit my bum there is a hug gap at the waist. This is easily fixed, I just get them tailored.