Butt Crack Jeans or Mom Jeans???

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. True Religion flatter me best. But I have to try on 10 or so pair to buy one pair of jeans no matter what.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Burka
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    If the zipper is only a couple of inches long, you're going to have a bad time. If the zipper is 15 inches long, you're going to have a bad time.

I LOVE jeans but have a hard time with them because I have a tiny waist and a big ol' butt. My favorite jeans at the moment are ANA (JCP brand) 'boyfriend' cut jeans. You want low spandex or your butt is going to be hanging out of the back. Ultra low rise jeans need to stay in the early 2000s where they belong.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love American Eagle jeans, though you do have to watch the different styles on how low they are.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You know what? This is my age showing, I'm sure, but I really prefer jeans that come up to the waist. I HAVE a waist and like to belt things there.

They're almost impossible to find, though. Old Navy Sweetheart fits pretty well, plus I wear a size smaller in that than in other brands.

Yay! Me too! Not sure it's age though, I was the same at 14. The day I start mooning at passers by is the day I go home and shoot myself (before one of the innocent bystanders does it for me!:laugh: )

PS have to belt anyway whatever the style,big bum, small waist.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Burka

But there are so many styles and colors and fits, which one should I choose? I can't just go around trying on every burka in the store, ain't nobody got time for that!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel that there might be an appropriate time to intentionally let go of being "hot"? By that I do not mean an excuse to be unhealthy or unhygenic. i think you can be a healthy and attractive person pretty much forever. Just that I think there comes a point for everyone when the continual quest for " hotness" gets a little pathetic- perhaps especially for those of us who are parents. I had an extremely "hot" mom growing up and it definitely wasn't all good for me. Sometimes I think there is value in just toning it down and letting your daughter have her turn to shine.

I guess my point is that if you are in fact a mom, it is okay to dress like one. I don't mean you have to look hideous, just that the age for super low cut jeans and tops might be over. And it is okay to have a healthy body with whatever imperfections may have come with having children or living a full life without feeling the need to fix them.

I know there are a lot of women here who are older and still ARE hot and I know they will probably feel the urge to come in and post how hot they are and they work hard so they can be hot. I do respect that, I just feel that there are also a lot of women here who feel that they have no value if they are not perfect or sufficiently "hot". And that is just not true.

And I wear Miss Me or BKE jeans right now because they fit well.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel that there might be an appropriate time to intentionally let go of being "hot"? By that I do not mean an excuse to be unhealthy or unhygenic. i think you can be a healthy and attractive person pretty much forever. Just that I think there comes a point for everyone when the continual quest for " hotness" gets a little pathetic- perhaps especially for those of us who are parents. I had an extremely "hot" mom growing up and it definitely wasn't all good for me. Sometimes I think there is value in just toning it down and letting your daughter have her turn to shine.

I guess my point is that if you are in fact a mom, it is okay to dress like one. I don't mean you have to look hideous, just that the age for super low cut jeans and tops might be over. And it is okay to have a healthy body with whatever imperfections may have come with having children or living a full life without feeling the need to fix them.

I know there are a lot of women here who are older and still ARE hot and I know they will probably feel the urge to come in and post how hot they are and they work hard so they can be hot. I do respect that, I just feel that there are also a lot of women here who feel that they have no value if they are not perfect or sufficiently "hot". And that is just not true.

And I wear Miss Me or BKE jeans right now because they fit well.
    I'm all for everyone doing what makes them happy. But I actually somewhat agree. Although hot is relative I suppose. Hot for me now in my late 30's is a pencil skirt and high heels. I took my belly ring out after 20 years too.
    I have a friend that recently put her nose ring back in. We are going to be 40. It just looks silly IMO.
    I was in the grocery store behind this woman in her 60's. She had on a beautiful black wool coat. Her hair was just past her shoulders in a classy gray bob. She has beautiful tasteful jewelry. She is who I want to be now. Classy and elegant are what I now consider 'hot'.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Levis, Mid Rise straight leg ... fits beautifully and $19.99 at Walmart. I'm still in transition so I don't want to invest in high dollar jeans but don't want to wear "mom" jeans either. I really like these!
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Levis for me...never had a problem with them
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    nothing says "class" like a whale tail, though.

so if you're wearing the "butt crack" jeans, make sure to also wear a thong.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My best fitting favorite pair right now are mens jeans. They leave room in the crotch so no camel toe moments and they fit my butt perfect and they're not low rider so this bit I have left to lose above my hips doesn't spill out the top like a busted can of biscuits.

I love mens jeans.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I have this problem no matter what, it seems like! Ugh. I don't take responsibility. I've come to the conclusion that I just have an abnormally high butt crack.

^^ This. My husband always tells me my crack goes halfway up my back.

I actually do have 2 pairs of the Old Navy Sweetheart jeans, but they feel a little like "mom" jeans compared to the fit I like.

I also own the "trendy top"s - they do the job and keep you covered. They look just like a layered tank top. :flowerforyou:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I wear low rise with longer tops, m'self. I am a big fan of American Eagle jeans in general. They have a lot of styles so you can find what works. I bought a pair of skinny jeans for ladies with *kitten*, though the name escapes me. Even though I still have the newborn hips, I am trying to embrace my newfound curves.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    at rue 2 they have "curvy" style jeans that are higher in the back and a little lower in the front.

and there pretty!
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I got a nice thick western belt to wear with jeans.. no problems with butt crack since.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I also like Old Navy's sweetheart mid rise.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with Dillard's in the misses section. The juniors tend to have the lower rise....
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't say I've ever had this problem? But it might help that I tend to go more for a controlling highwaisted jean. It needs to be at least even with my belly button for me to feel comfortable buying them.

I've done most of my jeans shopping at penningtons or arden's outlets thus far. c:
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Maurices are my fave ♥♥♥