Can we talk about Shakeology?

Options
13»

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    $100 a month? I'm pretty sure I can get some good multivitamins and a buttload of chicken for $100.

Shakeology only has about 17g of protein in a single serving so it shouldn't be considered as your main source of protein or diet anyway.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find out what people think about all the Shakeology flavors and was googling for a comparative poll showing the popularity of each flavor. I couldn't find any so I went ahead and ordered the chocolate flavor anyway.

In the meantime, I created a poll on my blog trying to gather people's votes about what their favorite flavors are hoping that this could help others make future decision.

For those of you who've tried or are are using Shakeology, could you please cast your vote there? The poll is near the middle of the post:

http://www.fearlessleefit.com/nutrition/supplements/experimenting-with-shakeology/

Thanks so much!!

Cheers!
    Al

Seriously? Why not just contact a beach body coach, get 1 or 2 samples of each flavor, try them yourself and go from there?

I did end up ordering it myself but I haven't and can't try them all. The intent is to have a single comparative poll showing the popularity of all flavors in one view. I don't think BB or anyone has something like this on their sites.

Probably not because, well, what's the point? Is there anything more subjective and less useful than people's tastes? Additionally, there are what, 3 flavors? You can certainly sample them all.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I find that when someone ends their post with the word "discuss" - they already know the answer, they want to argue, or they are trying to stir the masses.
  • JefferyMartin
    JefferyMartin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First off, I am a Beachbody Coach. I would like to clarify a few things that have been said in this thread.

1. I started out with P90X, working out hard to lose the weight. Not taking Shakeology during the first month.

2. What Beachbody says about the benefits of Shakeology is true. I used to have crashes of energy in the morning and in the late afternoon. This stopped on the first day I started drinking Shakeology.

3. Cost: So many people have issues with the cost of $100 a month. Personally, after researching over a year and a half of different products that claim to be similar to Shakeology, Shakeology BY FAR beats them all.

4. Shakeology is NOT a protein supplement. It is a meal replacement shake, packed with nutrients and minerals and a complete blend of carbs, fibre and protein.

5. I'm not disputing that you can go to the store or a fitness retail shop and buy protein and vitamins. However, protein and vitamins will not give you the full benefits that Shakeology does.
    a. Most vitamins are taken orally as pills that are not consumed in your digestive tract fast enough to get the full benefits.
    b. To get a good quality protein is beneficial, and you get what you pay for.

6. I don't sell Shakeology as a part of my Beachbody business. If you want to try it, that's your decision. I don't push it, I don't hassle you.

7. I've done research at health food stores and fitness stores; and a good quality whey protein isolate (I-PLX) costs $89.99 for about a month. Fusion Strongman 30 day pack of 7 pills a day would be comparable, I suppose, to the macronutrients that you get from Shakeology. And that is $49.99. So, to compare the cost between these vitamins and protein vs. Shakeology, well, you do the math.

Do you need Shakeology? No. Will it help, and would I recommend it? Definitely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    First off, I am a Beachbody Coach. I would like to clarify a few things that have been said in this thread.

1. I started out with P90X, working out hard to lose the weight. Not taking Shakeology during the first month.

2. What Beachbody says about the benefits of Shakeology is true. I used to have crashes of energy in the morning and in the late afternoon. This stopped on the first day I started drinking Shakeology.
    Anecdotal.
    3. Cost: So many people have issues with the cost of $100 a month. Personally, after researching over a year and a half of different products that claim to be similar to Shakeology, Shakeology BY FAR beats them all.
    Subjective. There is NO CLINICAL EVIDENCE to prove this.
    4. Shakeology is NOT a protein supplement. It is a meal replacement shake, packed with nutrients and minerals and a complete blend of carbs, fibre and protein.
    Real food is better than an MRP. Truth.
    5. I'm not disputing that you can go to the store or a fitness retail shop and buy protein and vitamins. However, protein and vitamins will not give you the full benefits that Shakeology does.
    a. Most vitamins are taken orally as pills that are not consumed in your digestive tract fast enough to get the full benefits.
    Anecdotal. Not to mention that shakeology is MANUFACTURED by a 3RD PARTY so how can you assure anyone that it's quality is better than other protein supplement supplied by the same manufacturer?
    6. I don't sell Shakeology as a part of my Beachbody business. If you want to try it, that's your decision. I don't push it, I don't hassle you.
    This sounds like a sales job. And if you have a business what are the services?
    7. I've done research at health food stores and fitness stores; and a good quality whey protein isolate (I-PLX) costs $89.99 for about a month. Fusion Strongman 30 day pack of 7 pills a day would be comparable, I suppose, to the macronutrients that you get from Shakeology. And that is $49.99. So, to compare the cost between these vitamins and protein vs. Shakeology, well, you do the math.
    $100 for a 10lbs bag of OP Gold Standard whey at 155 servings. That's .64 a serving. Compared to $4 a serving? Even if you added the Fusion Strongman, that would be about $2.12 a serving. Math says you're wrong.
    Subjective. You recommend it because you take it and don't mind paying the money. I wouldn't recommend it since you can get the same with what I mentioned above for less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JefferyMartin
    Options
    Honestly,

You should really know your facts before spatting stuff out. You are beating down a product that helps out millions of people. You have all these:

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition In BOLD NO LESS

But you can not find proven clinical evidence...interesting are you even looking.

Oh well, it really does not matter what any body says. You really need to check your GOD complex at the door.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I am not a BB Coach but drink Shakeology and love it. It took me a couple if days to get down my perfect "blend" and now it is delicious. I do find benefits from it and I am sure that can vary from person to person. I can afford the $120/month so I do it. Personal choice and for me it is the right one.
  • JefferyMartin
    Options
    I am not a BB Coach but drink Shakeology and love it. It took me a couple if days to get down my perfect "blend" and now it is delicious. I do find benefits from it and I am sure that can vary from person to person. I can afford the $120/month so I do it. Personal choice and for me it is the right one.

Amen sista!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the need at all. I get plenty of vitamins (with the exception of potassium) and protein by EATING right. If I start relying on shakes for proper nutrition then I don't LEARN anything. My greatest challenge is learning how to eat right for the rest of my life. I couldn't imagine depending on a shake to sustain me forever. And I want this to be forever.

I believe in the Beachbody workouts.. and am a total Fangirl of Tony Horton.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why have did you NOT use the search? .

this hurts my brain

^^ AGREED.

Amen. :grumble:
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The only people who will tell you that you need Shakeology sell Shakeology.

Bingo

And this ^^
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I should note I also eat a pretty clean diet of around 1600 calories a day. I considered Shakeology to also be my multi-vitamin even though I am eating good throughout the day I still think it is a good idea. :-)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Honestly,

You should really know your facts before spatting stuff out.
    If you disagree, then refute it with countering evidence. I countered what you stated about the math behind it.
    You are beating down a product that helps out millions of people.
    Subjective. There is no mean evidence or trials to compare the people who do Beach Body exercise with it or with out are actually "helped" by it. Sure it's a better option than fast food nutritionally, but is it a better option to real food?
    But you can not find proven clinical evidence...interesting are you even looking.
    Looked way before you probably even started your own journey. And I looked objectively at it and found it to be overpriced (due to MLM) for what is actually provided compared to other products to get the same benefits.
    Oh well, it really does not matter what any body says. You really need to check your GOD complex at the door.
    It's not a god complex (especially since I'm an Atheist), but letting many here know that I actually have certification and am not just speaking out of opinion. I actually research on a daily basis. How do I know that shakeology is manufactured by a 3rd party? Because I took the responsibility to research it and not just take the word of someone. That's how we actually find truth in statements.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Your entire profile read likes a beachbody salesperson (I don't call them coaches, because they aren't, they're salespeople). You're new here but there are policies in place to prevent folks like you from using this site to push their merchandise.

Ninerbuff is a long time member who's always been a big help and provided great information. Free of charge, never trying to push any products on people.

As far as healthy weightloss is concerned, I used to be obese and got those abs you're trying to get. I used MFP. It cost me nothing and the advice and support here has been invaluable. Sure beats spending hundreds of dollars a month on a crummy tasting shake.

*don't take it personally, I hate anyone pushing an MLM marketing scheme*
  • JefferyMartin
    Options

Your entire profile read likes a beachbody salesperson (I don't call them coaches, because they aren't, they're salespeople). You're new here but there are policies in place to prevent folks like you from using this site to push their merchandise.

Ninerbuff is a long time member who's always been a big help and provided great information. Free of charge, never trying to push any products on people.

As far as healthy weightloss is concerned, I used to be obese and got those abs you're trying to get. I used MFP. It cost me nothing and the advice and support here has been invaluable. Sure beats spending hundreds of dollars a month on a crummy tasting shake.

*don't take it personally, I hate anyone pushing an MLM marketing scheme*

I am not pushing Beachbody or MLM on anyone. I'm using MFP to track my food, and find like minded people. My profile is me! that is who I am! And to say that all BB Coaches are salespeople is judging. You don't know If I have certifications in fitness...which I do.

And a side note of my profile that you judged.. I run free fit clubs and nutritional courses for families that are looking to get healthy and trying to eat healthy on fixed income.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I am not pushing Beachbody or MLM on anyone. I'm using MFP to track my food, and find like minded people. My profile is me! that is who I am! And to say that all BB Coaches are salespeople is judging. You don't know If I have certifications in fitness...which I do.
    You're right you're NOT pushing it, but you are pitching it. And I'll be the first to say that a certification is just a verification that you passed the written test of the affiliation you certified with. The actual real knowledge comes from a few years of applying that knowledge and not from just passing the test.
    And a side note of my profile that you judged.. I run free fit clubs and nutritional courses for families that are looking to get healthy and trying to eat healthy on fixed income.
    That's great if that's what you're doing with your certification. And I believe you on this because I doubt a family on a fixed income could afford shakeology once a day for each family member.

IDEA Fitness member