Meal Plan from Professional Female Body Builder

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do you train like a female body builder?

Are you lifting fasted?

Totally boring, and unnecessarily so unless you are uber lean and have a comp or shoot coming up.

Bunch of unnecessary supplements.

Very similar to my thoughts. Unless your training for a comp and/or planning a serious cut this seems OTT. If your not training right you arn't going 'to bulk up' no matter what your diet is like. Female's don't get serious muscle by accident.

she's suggested 5 days of 45 min cardio..and strength training 3 days a week....this is a plan for comp....but i was just thinking of doing it for maybe 2 weeks for quick results..then slowly going back to a more normal HEALTHY lifestyle

Some very intelligent people on this thread so I'm sure you've already been told that this isn't a quick fix plan. It's essentially the BB equivalent of a cleanse. Many you lose a lot of fat and water weight for a competition but you will regain it IMMEDIATELY once you return to a more normal style of eating.

I think that plan if fine for getting ready for a comp but has no use whatsoever for anyone else and certainly not for the OP's current goals. Sure that's been said already but adding my 2 cents to the pile
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm responding to the OP and haven't read the thread but it's on page 3 so i hope someone has already pointed out that this looks more like a pre contest cutting plan, and not a plan that would make anyone bulky.

Hopefully someone has pointed out that food by itself won't make anyone bigger, even if this was a bulking diet. Much lifting must accompany any food plan.

Hopefully someone has pointed out that there are many different classifications of bodybuilders, especially females, with some types much bigger than others.

Hopefully this hasn't degraded into a body shaming thread

1. correct

2. yes

3. mhmm

4. sighs..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Not at all, My ex was into the Pilates and stuff until I showed her how to squat and deadlift which gave her much better results. Lifting heavy definitely gives a woman a more feminine shape than weak aerobics. I only mention men since attractiveness was mentioned, I'll retract that and change it to women who identify as men are attracted to feminine shapes, which by definition is not a masculine one. Just being in shape doesn't make you masculine, but taking test certainly does and in fact starts turning you into a man.

I understand what you are saying now...we are all good.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did a diet very similar to this last spring for 8 weeks. I competed in a bikini competition in the masters category (40 and over). Yes, the diet is very boring and restrictive, but it will lean you out like you've never seen. I was allowed one cheat "thing" mid-week, and one cheat meal on the weekends for the first six weeks. I would not recommend doing this diet for longer than 8 weeks. Good luck to you!
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did a diet very similar to this last spring for 8 weeks. I competed in a bikini competition in the masters category (40 and over). Yes, the diet is very boring and restrictive, but it will lean you out like you've never seen. I was allowed one cheat "thing" mid-week, and one cheat meal on the weekends for the first six weeks. I would not recommend doing this diet for longer than 8 weeks. Good luck to you!

were you able to switch up the variety of foods at all?? and do you suggest i do this for personal reasons and not a compeition?i have about 23-24% BF and want to be down to 20 and under
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You should be able to push sub 20% bodyfat by lifting and eating at a straight calorie deficit around 20% under TDEE.
  • jasminetoi
    Options
    You should be able to push sub 20% bodyfat by lifting and eating at a straight calorie deficit around 20% under TDEE.

my girlfriends think doing bicep curls of anything more than 15 pounds is absurd...(just saying they dont think i should lift heavy) you think i should try to push my limit with weights or do like other women and do light weight lots of reps?
  • jasminetoi
    Options
    sorry this is turning into fitness! but nutrition and excercise of course go hand in hand!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

my girlfriends think doing bicep curls of anything more than 15 pounds is absurd...(just saying they dont think i should lift heavy) you think i should try to push my limit with weights or do like other women and do light weight lots of reps?

How long have you been lifting?

Do you have a comp coming up?
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I think female body builders are very unattractive and unfeminine. If they're taking steroids, even more so. The female body was made to have nice curves and a little meat on it -- not look like you could crush walnuts with your thighs.

If you want a nice body, go for the yoga/pilates/aerobics type body. The "fitness" body where there is muscle tones and lean lines -- not ripples of muscles. I'm a straight female and even I think that's a hot body on a female! (and what I'm aspiring to become)
    [/quote]
    I'd LOVE to look like I could crush walnuts with my thighs, where can I learn how to get this body?? ;)
    [/quote]

That might be the best compliment I could ask for....
    maybe we can compete on a professional walnut crushing team?
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think you will look too muscular in, like . . . . . 50 years. That is, if you work hard
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I think female body builders are very unattractive and unfeminine. If they're taking steroids, even more so. The female body was made to have nice curves and a little meat on it -- not look like you could crush walnuts with your thighs.

If you want a nice body, go for the yoga/pilates/aerobics type body. The "fitness" body where there is muscle tones and lean lines -- not ripples of muscles. I'm a straight female and even I think that's a hot body on a female! (and what I'm aspiring to become)

DAFUQ?!?!?!

For some reason, GTFO comes to mind.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Have these girlfriends and "other women" developed the physiques lifting like that to back up their advice?
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When quoting narrow-mindedness of such proportions as this, you might wanna be careful about removing the [/quote ]

*sigh* can be tough on the forums with iPad!
  • BigH89
    BigH89 Posts: 44
    Options
    Have these girlfriends and "other women" developed the physiques lifting like that to back up their advice?

Exactly Anvil.

"Train like a man, look like a goddess"
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    sorry this is turning into fitness! but nutrition and excercise of course go hand in hand!

I think it might be useful for you to take a moment to explain specifically what your goals are, what your current stats are and what your current fitness/nutrition program looks like. I think a lot of different topics are getting tossed about in here without a clear direction.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Bump until I have time to read.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I think it might be useful for you to take a moment to explain specifically what your goals are, what your current stats are and what your current fitness/nutrition program looks like. I think a lot of different topics are getting tossed about in here without a clear direction.

PRex has the right of it. The OP has been answered and the thread is starting to become too unfocused to be helpful.

Start a new thread and clearly state where you are and where you want to go.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    1 rep max test
  • jasminetoi
    Options

im 22 years old, 5'7, 147 pounds, 23% BF since the last time i checked...my tdee is 2030
    i want atleast 20% bf ......toned arms, smaller waist, bigger butt/thighs, six pack (without my back looking to muscular bc i have very broad shoulders)