Any Vegans/Vegetarians??

Options
13»

Replies

• 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am aware that there is a difference concerning vegan and plant-based. Like I said, I'm not quite sure where I fit in or which direction I will eventually go. It's hard to change 42 years of habits overnight. I have requested the free vegan information from Peta.org. It never hurts to be educated.
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives is what caused me to make some serious changes, as well.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan for 20 years. There is a vegan group here as well.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hey you! I'm 100% plant based and cook a lot of great things. Holler! :)
  • carmendarmen
    Options
    I'm vegan too :)
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have been a pescatarian (vegetarian diet+fish) for 19 years. The fish, dairy, and eggs I do eat are ethically and ecologically farmed/caught. Add me as a friend if you like; always looking for buddies!
  • highil
    highil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 1 month already
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, there is a difference between being vegan and eating a plant-based diet. The goal of veganism is to abstain from using animals and animal products in any way (this includes clothing, cosmetics, cleaning products, etc), and the diet is just part of that. I think most people in this thread are discussing plant-based diets. Just wanted to dispel any confusion.

Very glad someone posted this; I think they are far too often confused. I'm always confused when people say they are vegan while wearing leather shoes and slathering lanolin-filled lotion on themselves. =)
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Not a vegan, but converting most of my diet to plant based. cut out meats and dairy, but still been having the occasional egg.
  • yvonnevitt
    Options
    I'm looking for other vegans/vegetarians to be pals with. If you'd like to add me, please be willing to share your daily food diary with your friends. It helps me to get ideas and stay motivated to see and share what we're eating (especially with fellow vegetarians and vegans). It also keeps me honest and accountable (some days are better than others but I am committed to logging all of it). If you're uncomfortable sharing your food diary with friends, I totally understand and respect that but we're probably not looking for the same thing in an online fitness pal so it wouldn't be a good fit. Either way, best of luck to you on your journey!

Also, if you're a frequent shopper at Trader Joe's - let's be pals!! We could really share ideas!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly vegetarian...sometimes I do vegan recipes. I'll add you. Just ignore my meat days lol :)
  • ah_adriana
    ah_adriana Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    looking for more pals as well :) i was a fairly strict vegan for several years, but sort of fell of the wagon during and after pregnancy : /

trying to return to my old hardcore ways!
  • ah_adriana
    ah_adriana Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm participating in a 28 Day Vegan challenge with a few friends @ my local Whole Foods! Can anyone recommend some vegan websites, with recipes? I'm a huge fan of OhSheGlows.com, I've been following her site for years and discovered the Green Monster thanks to her! :) I also love http://www.kalynskitchen.com since she has a section for vegan/vegetarian dishes. I made this recipe for dinner last night and it was amazing:

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/11/crockpot-or-stovetop-recipe-for-red.html

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks guys!

i like vegan yum yum and cheap and simple vegan recipes...there are a lot out there, but those are two i have found helpful...oh, also, vegan dad is great too!
  • vegmomma
    vegmomma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, and at times, have flirted with being a vegan. I wasn't really missing the dairy, it was just really inconvenient for me. I hope someday to try it again. Feel free to add me. I have a lot of veg friends on here. I like getting ideas from them on new foods to try. :)
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    20+ years vegetarian. Flirted with vegan a few times but am a skim- milk, real butter and ice cream grrl.

I'm a huge fan of squash, any & ever kind. Quinoa, barley, bulgar.... oh... :blushing: grains make me weak.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    oh and feel free to add me btw. warning though, although i've lost alot of weight, most of this is through exercise and i still eat alot of ****e (just look at my diary pour example)
  • Sassparagus
    Sassparagus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been vegan for a couple years now and love making new friends on here. :)
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    vegetarian here!