The Omentum...HOW GROSS IS THIS?! MOTIVATION FOR SURE.

droz.jpg

The omentum is almost a filter for toxins and fats that hangs off the bottom of your stomach.
The image on the right shows Dr. Oz holding the omentum of a person who is ONLY 30 lbs overweight. Oprah is holding a healthy person's omentum. This is seriously disgusting! This is motivation for me for sure. I hope this motivates all of you to keep on track and get your omentum looking healthy again.

The functions of the greater omentum are:

Fat deposition, having varying amounts of adipose tissue
Immune contribution, having milky spots of macrophage collections
Infection and wound isolation; It may also physically limit the spread of intraperitoneal infections.
The greater omentum can often be found wrapped around areas of infection and trauma.

Replies

• I wasn't sure why the pic isn't showing up...Just follow the link
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Not sure I can really take anything associated with Dr. Oz as motivational in any sort of sincere way. But if it works for you, then great.

Try putting the IMG tags in lower case. It shouldn't matter, but...
  • definatly motivation! thats gross! i love Dr OZ!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    I wasn't sure why the pic isn't showing up...Just follow the link
    img needs to be small letters, here you go:

droz.jpg
    That is gross, I hope it changes when you lose weight.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Looks like fat vs muscle to me. Yep.
  • Temamc
    Temamc Posts: 5 Member
    Yeah that's pretty gross

Tema
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i'd imagine everyone looks gross if you cut them up and looked on the inside.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member

gross?

or DELICIOUS?!

:devil:
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    The omentum is almost a filter for toxins and fats that hangs off the bottom of your stomach.
    So, the bigger, the better. More filtering power. Did Dr. Oz say what I should buy to make mine bigger?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member

gross?

or DELICIOUS?!

i'm sure it all tastes like chicken anyway
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member

gross?

or DELICIOUS?!

:laugh:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Dr. oz is a quack. I don't buy into ANYTHING he says on general principal.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    You lost me at Dr. Oz
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    droz.jpg

"Here is a visual representation of the amount of blubber I spew per episode of my show!"
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Meh. It's not gross, it's cool! Hooray for how awesome our bodies are and how cool it is that they function even when we feed them crap and don't take them out for walks! I think it's pretty awesome.

Oh and in my mind, this is what's happening when I eat:
    Tummy-Party.jpg

And that:

droz.jpg

is just what happens when the party gets too wild and someone pukes in the bathtub
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Just get yourself some raspberry ketones or green coffee bean extract and it'll all be fine. Really! Dr. Oz said so!
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Just get yourself some raspberry ketones or green coffee bean extract and it'll all be fine. Really! Dr. Oz said so!
    THIS.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member

A thousand times this. I would never take advice from this twit of a Dr.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    The image on the right shows Dr. Oz holding the omentum of a person who is ONLY 30 lbs overweight. Oprah is holding a healthy person's omentum. This is seriously disgusting! This is motivation for me for sure. I hope this motivates all of you to keep on track and get your omentum looking healthy again.

The functions of the greater omentum are:

Fat deposition, having varying amounts of adipose tissue
    Immune contribution, having milky spots of macrophage collections
    Infection and wound isolation; It may also physically limit the spread of intraperitoneal infections.
    The greater omentum can often be found wrapped around areas of infection and trauma.

How many healthcare professionals do you think use Oprah for continuing professional development?
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237

gross?

or DELICIOUS?!

omg marry me lol

you're the funniest chick in cyberspace