The Omentum...HOW GROSS IS THIS?! MOTIVATION FOR SURE.

2»

Replies

• OMG really guys?! Even though Dr. Oz is a quack it is literally right in front of you. It is disgusting to see how unhealthy it is to be overweight! The point is not that I am like obsessing over Dr. Oz or something, but look at the crap that is stuffed into your body. And I'm not sure why everyone thinks he is a quack. Whatever he says shouldn't be taken as SERIOUS medical advice...I really like this episode about the omentum though. Not a lot of people know what it is or what our insides really look like. SO anyone who is being MEAN and negative needs to shut up and be more positive!

Just another way to motivate you...Sorry if I "Lost you at Dr. Oz"....

Look up the facts for yourself if you don't believe Dr. Oz.
  • The omentum is almost a filter for toxins and fats that hangs off the bottom of your stomach.
    The image on the right shows Dr. Oz holding the omentum of a person who is ONLY 30 lbs overweight. Oprah is holding a healthy person's omentum. This is seriously disgusting! This is motivation for me for sure. I hope this motivates all of you to keep on track and get your omentum looking healthy again.

The functions of the greater omentum are:

Fat deposition, having varying amounts of adipose tissue
    Immune contribution, having milky spots of macrophage collections
    Infection and wound isolation; It may also physically limit the spread of intraperitoneal infections.
    The greater omentum can often be found wrapped around areas of infection and trauma.

How many healthcare professionals do you think use Oprah for continuing professional development?

Then ask your doctor about it if you think I'm making it up? The point is...Keep eating healthy...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    OMG really guys?! Even though Dr. Oz is a quack it is literally right in front of you. It is disgusting to see how unhealthy it is to be overweight! The point is not that I am like obsessing over Dr. Oz or something, but look at the crap that is stuffed into your body. And I'm not sure why everyone thinks he is a quack. Whatever he says shouldn't be taken as SERIOUS medical advice...I really like this episode about the omentum though. Not a lot of people know what it is or what our insides really look like. SO anyone who is being MEAN and negative needs to shut up and be more positive!

Just another way to motivate you...Sorry if I "Lost you at Dr. Oz"....

Look up the facts for yourself if you don't believe Dr. Oz.

Which medical or scientific website do you suggest for 'facts'?
  • Firefox7275
    Then ask your doctor about it if you think I'm making it up? The point is...Keep eating healthy...

Let me be a little more blunt ... I am far from the only person on MFP qualified to degree level in a healthcare discipline.
  • daytripper10
    daytripper10 Posts: 2 Member
    So glad to see this visual post, my friend and I were just talking about this today. Not a big fan of Dr. Oz, but have heard other people in the medical field state facts along these lines too. My omentum has way too much momentum! Hoping to work on that with diet and exercise. Just started getting back in the routine today. Oh and couldn't think of the word today when my friend and I discussed...thanks!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I wasn't sure why the pic isn't showing up...Just follow the link
    img needs to be small letters, here you go:

droz.jpg
    That is gross, I hope it changes when you lose weight.

Wow Oprah was hella skinny
  • Firefox7275

That is because it is her omentum on the left.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    That was in 2007. Here's more info if anyone is interested: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-omentum.htm
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    i'd imagine everyone looks gross if you cut them up and looked on the inside.

gross?

or DELICIOUS?!

:devil:

I chortled
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

That is because it is her omentum on the left.

LOL!! FTW!
  • Everybody took this post really way too seriously. The point was to help visualize where all that fat is going. So everyone needs to stop being a brat and be a little more supportive. LAST TIME I'm posting anything interesting. Thanks for ruining it! :)