Peanut butter alternative PB2

What is this PB2 stuff? I read that it is powdered peanuts with barely any fat. You put them in water to make the peanut butter. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I LOVE peanut butter and I find myself adding a lot of extra calories from it (WORTH IT). I am curious!

Replies

• fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    It's a little bit of heaven trapped in a bottle! Try it, you'll love it.

It's not the same consistency as peanutbutter (since it's a powder and you can add water to it or add it to protein shakes, etc.) but for the calories and fat you are saving, amazing!
  • Thanks! I am seriously a peanutbutter JUNKIE. I always eat if for snacks & breakfast usually every day and a low cal version would be great. :)
  • I bought some, its ok to add to shakes, pancakes, baked goods ect taste like pb...obv it does not compare when eating it on toast or a sandwich you can tell something is off taste is a little weird! but I still use it you get used to it!
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    The only way that I have used it so far is in smoothies, and I love it! Haven't tried reconstituting it and using it as a spread.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Comes in chocolate too... Great with banana. Texture is off but it is tasty and treatish.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    I stir a tablespoon into my morning oatmeal. Makes it super creamy (might need a little extra water) and adds protein, plus it tastes great.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    i really like it. i add a lil to smoothies, protein shakes, yogurt, oatmeal...all kinds of stuff.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    where would someone buy this at? I love peanut butter but don't use it very often, due to calories.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    LOVE IT...put it in chocolate protien powder, use it for peanut sauce, makes good dip for fruits and veggies...probably wouldn't bother trying to make a sandwich w it though...
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    i eat it just about every day! sooo good!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    I LOVE it in my protein shakes. I don't really like it that much on celery or anything else I'd use natural peanut butter on just because it's a different texture. But I have eaten it with other things just didn't love it as much. I use PB2 chocolate peanut butter in a protein shake almost every day it's delicious.

You can get it from Bell Plantation's website and I even saw the regular PB2 at a grocery store recently (Shoprite).
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    where would someone buy this at? I love peanut butter but don't use it very often, due to calories.

look up Bell Plantation that's who makes it you can get it right from their website.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Amazon, or directly from the website...I guess they carry it at Woodman's too, but I'm not sure if that is a national chain.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Website..... http://www.bellplantation.com/ Buy the bulk pack. Trust me. You can also buy it on Amazon. Again, it's not like "real" peanut butter but for the calories, I find it to be a remarkably good substitute. You can also mix it in smoothies!
  • I love it! Use it all the time. Both powder and mixed with water. Great alternative.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    i make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with it. i love it. especially the chocolate kind but i love the regular kind as well. i like that you can make it thick or thin.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I bought it and didn't use it very much. When it was finished, i bought peanut butter flavored protein powder instead. More bang for the buck.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    I bought it and didn't use it very much. When it was finished, i bought peanut butter flavored protein powder instead. More bang for the buck.
    your username is quite relevant in this thread
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member

look up Bell Plantation that's who makes it you can get it right from their website.

my local grocery store actually started selling it... Giant. I love it to dip bananas or apples in or put in shakes... I tried mixing it with the water to make a pb and J sandwich but not exactly the same, not bad though. I also read that you can add oil to make it creamier, but I guess that defeats the purpose!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    breakfast this morning was an ezekial English muffin spread w/PB2...its close enough for me!! warm and melty..mmmm.....