Peanut butter alternative PB2

Options

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    where would someone buy this at? I love peanut butter but don't use it very often, due to calories.

look up Bell Plantation that's who makes it you can get it right from their website.

my local grocery store actually started selling it... Giant. I love it to dip bananas or apples in or put in shakes... I tried mixing it with the water to make a pb and J sandwich but not exactly the same, not bad though. I also read that you can add oil to make it creamier, but I guess that defeats the purpose!
    from my experience i dont think it works very well with oil.. i havent added JUST oil to it alone but i did try 3 tablespoons of PB2 and 1 tablespoon of regular creamy peanut butter and it did something very weird to the consistency... probably because of the water content... but i just dont see the PB2 soaking up oil very well

edit: but i could be wrong! never know until you try.
  • chelles08
    Options
    We use Better n' peanut butter--I think it's made mainly with peanut flour instead of peanuts (2g fat vs 16g in normal peanut butter). We get it at Woodman's (they have several brands/types in the natural/health food section) but you can also get it at Target.
  • stines72
    Options
    We use Better n' peanut butter--I think it's made mainly with peanut flour instead of peanuts (2g fat vs 16g in normal peanut butter). We get it at Woodman's (they have several brands/types in the natural/health food section) but you can also get it at Target.
    oh yeah that reminds me... PB2 is just peanut flour with added sugar/sodium for flavoring. you could just buy peanut flour to save the money if price is a problem because PB2 can get quite pricy.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Just eat the damn peanut butter. Trust me, it isn't going to kill you and eating it in moderation will prevent you from waking up at 3 AM and demolishing an entire jar of Jiff with a spoon.. NO, YOUR BARE HANDS! LOL
  • stines72
    Options
    Just eat the damn peanut butter. Trust me, it isn't going to kill you and eating it in moderation will prevent you from waking up at 3 AM and demolishing an entire jar of Jiff with a spoon.. NO, YOUR BARE HANDS! LOL
    LOL! peanut butter is just one of those foods.... like bacon....
  • melbatoast917
    Options
    Mmmm bacon DIPPED in peanut butter.
  • stines72
    Options
    Mmmm bacon DIPPED in peanut butter.
    i have actually done this. did not regret it.
  • melbatoast917
    Options
    I've had a Reeses cup wrapped in bacon (my brother's contribution to our Festivus dinner).
  • stines72
    Options
    I've had a Reeses cup wrapped in bacon (my brother's contribution to our Festivus dinner).
    you might as well be talking dirty to me right now. i need to meet that bacon wrapped reeses cup... for... reasons
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I cannot use it for things like toast or anything.
    However, I think it is divine in oatmeal, smoothies, dips, etc.
    But for every day use, I take the 200 calories and make room in my diary for the real stuff.
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just used it for the first time in a protein shake and it is great! I got mine off Amazon.com.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have to agree there is no replacing peanut butter. PB2 just makes me sad that I'm not eating peanut butter.
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get mine! Just ordered it this weekend after trying a sample packet I bought for $1 at a local health food store. Like many have already said, it doesn't taste EXACTLY like Skippy, Jif, or whatever name brand you're used to, but it's similar enough to be good (and even better if you add a little bit of honey or even vanilla protein powder to it)!

If you're interested in buying, I suggest purchasing from here: http://peanutbutterutopia.com/

After scouring the internet, this is pretty much the best deal I could find - I bought 3 pounds - 1 lb peanut butter, and a duo 1lb. pack of regular peanut butter and peanut butter w/chocolate. If you spend $20 you get free shipping, so altogether, I spent $20 and some odd cents on 3 lbs. of this stuff! :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    LOL! peanut butter is just one of those foods.... like bacon....

Actually, even if I eat it in moderation, I have when under stress, boredom eaten a practically a whole jar of pb in one sitting. Having the pb2 helped me not binge on pb because I knew I had another alternative and I have not had a pb binge since I started using pb2 - and I even have pb in the house because my hubby and my dog eat it.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use it in my choc protein almost every morning after my workout; makes it taste like a Reese's Cup. Thanks for this idea, though; hadn't thought about using it as a dip for my afternoon apple snack. Sometimes I use the natural creamy peanut butter but you sure do have to plan on that for the daily calories!!! Thanks!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I love it! I use it in my protein shakes & I have cut down so much on the fat using it. They have peanut butter flavor...which is yummy...but they also have peanut butter and chocolate...heaven :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I totally love PB2!!! It is all natural and doesn't have all the oils and junk peanut butter in jar has. I use it my protein shake, I use it on apples and I sprinkle it on my ice cream!!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I SWEAR by it. It is amazing... I mix it into greek yogurt for a super high protein lunch. I also use it in sauces,chili, as is, and in desserts. If you love Peanut Butter, PB2 is YOUR THING! :):)
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protein shakes. I didn't care for the taste just mixed in with water. Got mine off Amazon as well... might have to try it in oatmeal though :)
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Max Muscle. Most larger cities have them. It's a sports nutrition store, similar to Complete Nutrition, etc.

I get both regular and chocolate there.

Yes, consistenancy is a bit off, but so much nicer on the calories!!!!!!