*need advice about something a bit awkward from ladies!

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Not saying you should or shouldn't see a doc but it definitely sounds like a yeast infection. The one and only one I ever got burned, itched and had a cottage cheese like discharge (gross I know). Got it a week after the first time having intercourse. It scared the hell out of me thinking I had an STD. Anyway, the first time I used the meds, it burned like hell... So badly that I had to was it out. It will get better with progressive uses.

And just being nit picky, but urine tests are terrible indicators of a yeast infection. We do swab tests for suspected yeast infections.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Get yourself to a doctor for a prescription for antibiotics.

This...I went to the MD. Knocked it right out
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This could be a number of different things. Even a toilet paper allergy! ... I had an incident like this over the summer and nothing natural worked or even those OTC yeast infection things - if it is still irritated after 3 doses of that stuff - it is not a yeast infection.

Perhaps it could be a UTI or bladder infection - if so, cranberry pills may help.

Honestly - when you don't know for sure, its just WAY easier to go to the dr. and get an antibiotic. I went months trying to find a "cure"...got nothing but months of torture. I went to the dr - and within 1 hour after taking the prescription med, i felt better...never came back, never had anything like that since.

acidophilus may be of use as well - depending on what is going on.

Oh yeah - when you go to the dr. actually try to get a diagnosis so if it happens again, you know what it is.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Not saying you should or shouldn't see a doc but it definitely sounds like a yeast infection. The one and only one I ever got burned, itched and had a cottage cheese like discharge (gross I know). Got it a week after the first time having intercourse. It scared the hell out of me thinking I had an STD. Anyway, the first time I used the meds, it burned like hell... So badly that I had to was it out. It will get better with progressive uses.

And just being nit picky, but urine tests are terrible indicators of a yeast infection. We do swab tests for suspected yeast infections.

But they're good to exclude UTIs & other stuff.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    First, DO NOT USE MONISTAT 1 OVULE - it will feel like an egg of fire ants has hatched in your hoo-ha.

:laugh: Yep, I was about to say the same thing, but not nearly as eloquently!
  • brower47
    Options

But they're good to exclude UTIs & other stuff.

But of course. I said I was just being nit picky. :smile:
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You have to be kidding. Get yourself to a doctor for a prescription for antibiotics.

Agreed! Whenever I've been tested for a YI, the doc has suspected something else until the test results come back. Also, the doc can give you a pill and ant-itch cream. I used an OTC treatment once. It didn't work and it was nasty squirting that slimy goo you know where!!!
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    First, DO NOT USE MONISTAT 1 OVULE - it will feel like an egg of fire ants has hatched in your hoo-ha.

:laugh: Yep, I was about to say the same thing, but not nearly as eloquently!
    Yeah right now I'm using the Monistat 3 day treatment and it feels pretty close to that, idk I've kept it on, but it's really starting to hurt so I'm going to take it off. UGHHHHHH.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    ya seriously. go to the doctor. cause sometimes it might not be a uti but something else.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    You have to be kidding. Get yourself to a doctor for a prescription for antibiotics.

Agreed! Whenever I've been tested for a YI, the doc has suspected something else until the test results come back. Also, the doc can give you a pill and ant-itch cream. I used an OTC treatment once. It didn't work and it was nasty squirting that slimy goo you know where!!!
    I'll definitely get myself into the walk in tomorrow.
  • brower47
    Options

Sometimes it's nice to have slimy goo squirted you know where. :wink:
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Try the AZO yeast supplement. They sell it at walmart.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    ya seriously. go to the doctor. cause sometimes it might not be a uti but something else.
    I've had a few uti's before, and it really doesn't feel like that so idk.
  • tifflatrice08
    tifflatrice08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Okay...
    So I had a yeast infection for the first time last year and I though I was gonna die.... I went to urgent care and the prescribed me a pill... It was called Fluconazole (Diflucan)... It did work a miracle.... Hope this help, oh... it took a couple hours to kick in though... Best thing is to go see the doc....
  • fatbacks12
    fatbacks12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If after 3 days of monstat you have no symptomatic relief or have discharge pain and accompanying lower abdominal cramping you need to get yourself to your doctor/walk in clinic or hospital before you have a kidney/bladder infection.
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    there are lots of things that emulate a yeast infection and some of them can be very serious like toxic shock syndrome which could kill you so that is why we keep nagging you cuz we worry please don't take it the wrong way cuz I'm sure everyone means well. we just have your best interest at heart. hopefully the doctor has good news for you tomorrow. good luck and God bless.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    If after 3 days of monstat you have no symptomatic relief or have discharge pain and accompanying lower abdominal cramping you need to get yourself to your doctor/walk in clinic or hospital before you have a kidney/bladder infection.
    I think I'm just going to try to go tomorrow, I really don't want any of these.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

I thought you weren't meant to use OTC meds for yeast infections if you haven't had them (yeast infections) before?

Are you sexually active?
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    there are lots of things that emulate a yeast infection and some of them can be very serious like toxic shock syndrome which could kill you so that is why we keep nagging you cuz we worry please don't take it the wrong way cuz I'm sure everyone means well. we just have your best interest at heart. hopefully the doctor has good news for you tomorrow. good luck and God bless.
    Thank you! I really don't want to seem like I'm coming off rude to certain people, I'm just extremely frightened by it all, since this is really my first time having anything like this other than a few UTI'S when I was like 15. I REALLY appreciate the feedback, and the worry, it means a lot that you all care for me. Thank you :)
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options

I thought you weren't meant to use OTC meds for yeast infections if you haven't had them (yeast infections) before?

Are you sexually active?
    I mean sort of, it's been a few months or so since the last time, but idk I was freaking out so I called my mom in a panic and this is what she told me to do. aaahhh.