What size clothing, height and weight are U?

Options

Replies

• eryngeus
    Options
    I honestly don't understand this. Im 5'1 and weigh 135. I wear a size 1-3 in pants and smalls/mediums in shirts. Im also a 34DD. I don't understand how my clothes are so small but technically im overweight?
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm 6'2 230 pounds, I wear a size 36. Looking to get back into my size 34s.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You'll find everyone varies so much even at similar heights and weights, depending on their build).

I'm 5'10", weigh 195 and am currently in a size 10 jeans (or 31WX34L if you go by those sizes).

I'm an hourglass with pear tendancies as far as shape goes. The reason I point this out is because I can't even pull a size 14 in skinny jeans up over my thighs although the waist would be way too big. In "skinny" or "slim" fit a 16 fits my thighs and butt but the waist and belly area are huge. So my size 10s are all in a "curvy" fit (big butt & thighs) and so are the 31X34s (silver brand, Suki style) and are still "tighter" in the butt and thighs and a little loose in the waist. Even at my biggest size (22) I still had to wear a "curvy" fit... just bad genetics!

ETA: I'm female and in Canada (our sizes are the same as the US).

So true! It's amazing how 2 people of the same height and weight can fit into completely different sizes. I'm hourglass shaped as well & getting the right pants is a struggle! Either my hips are too big or the waist line is too loose!! NO! Did I say I was hourglass? I think that's dependent on my weight lol, sometimes I'm just too heavy, sometimes very bottom heavy! It's crazy!!
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I actually have a problem within my boobs! They just grew from nowhere and I went from an A cup to a D/F cup! So the question is, am I going to lose them during weight loss? Also, where did y'all start noticing the weight loss first? Read something about "where U gained it last is where U lose it first" How true is this though?

I really, really wanna be below 150lbs!! I literally breathe it now...
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    5'9" 151 lbs small top medium bottom or us size 8.. dress size 6
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I actually have a problem within my boobs! They just grew from nowhere and I went from an A cup to a D/F cup! So the question is, am I going to lose them during weight loss? Also, where did y'all start noticing the weight loss first? Read something about "where U gained it last is where U lose it first" How true is this though?

I really, really wanna be below 150lbs!! I literally breathe it now...
    . Lost my boobs first!! They were a 40D large D...now 34 B :(
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I lost ALL my girls too went from a 40DD to a 34C/B.

I'm 5'6". 147lbs. I wear size 6 pants and size 4 or 6 top. (I started at 196lbs, size 16)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    All US Sizing:

129 pounds

5 foot 8 inches
    jean/skirt/pants size 6
    Dress/blouse size 8
    bra 34 D
    Shoes 8 and1/2 medium

Small framed. don't know if that helps others but I will say I generally like my clothes fitted but not "tight". Since I generally fall between a 6 and an 8, I would go for a "medium" if the size range says a medium is an 8/10 rather than a small 4/6
  • mkcreek
    mkcreek Posts: 10
    Options
    I started out at a size 18 in pants, wore a 16 in a dress (US sizes) as long as the dress was A-line. I've been on MFP a year, and am down 48 pounds, wear a 12 in pants and a 10 in a dress. Down from an XL shirt/sweater to a medium or a large, depending on the style. I have never liked my clothes tight, plus I'm a teacher and feel it's inappropriate to be dressed in tight clothes for work.

I'm 5' 5" and started at 208.8 and now am down to around 160 - 163. I am stuck here, though, for now. I am trying to fight through this plateau and get down to 150. I'm 51 years old, a grandmother of two beautiful little boys, and am trying to be healthy and active for them and for the rest of my family (husband, two sons, daughter, daughter-in-law) and to enjoy teaching, which requires me to be active.
  • stroupette
    Options
    I am 5' and I weight 113 lbs
    My pant size is a 3/4
    My bra size is a 34 A ( lost quite a bit in the boobs )
    Shirt size XS

My goal weight is to be around 100-105 but having a real hard time losing weight. I am ok with staying at 113 as long as I see changes in my body!!

Stroupette
  • Gunsentry
    Gunsentry Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was 18 stone 42" waist and XL Shirts.

I am now 12 stone 8 pounds 33" waist and Medium\Large shirts.

Dropped to 12 stone then bulked and gained 7 pounds lean mass and some fat which I am cutting off now.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2, was 193lbs UK size 14/16, almost a year later i'm now 123lbs and a UK size 10.

Good luck!x
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    5'2 165lbs Us Size 12 jeans & Large Shirts. My measurements are 38/33/43
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Please nobody take this the wrong way but I've read more than one article which say that clothes sizes have got a lot bigger than they were in the past. For example Marilyn Monroe was considered to be 'big' in her day and it's said that she was a UK size 16. In reality nowadays looking at her measurements she would have been a UK size 12 which most would consider not to be particularly big at all but then when everyone was a size 8 or 10, a 12 was large. The equivalent of an 8 or 10 in the past now is proably a UK size 4 or 6 so you can see what's happened. I read somewhere that in the UK the average clothes size now is a 14 (this would probably be a size 18 in the 80s).

I can also vouch for this as I was always quite small in my teens and was usually a UK size 10 or 12 in all my clothes and had hardly any fat on my body although I had curves. Then I put on a lot of weight in my early-mid 20s but was never above a UK 14 (although clothes were tight) and then I weighed 178 lbs! so I'm sure the sizes changed a lot during this period (the late 90s) as the reality was I was probably at least a 16 or even 18 in 1980s sizes.

I am currently a UK size 10 on top and 10-12 on bottom. That doesn't sound very big but it's not as small as it should be as the measurements nowadays are getting bigger. I am way bigger than I was as a teen so technically I should be wearing at least a size up from that but clothes are not made in the same way anymore. I think they're made to flatter women.

Two years ago I got down to a UK size 8 and the majority of size 10 clothes were too big for me. I weighed 124 lbs but was skinny fat, ie. I was carrying a lot of body fat. I hardly looked like skin and bone and in my mind a size 8 should be SMALL. I was embarrassed telling people I was a size 8 because I knew that I was not what people would consider to be an 8 in their mind.

I'm now aiming for a UK size 6-8 but I want to be lean with a low body fat %. We'll see what happens in a few months time.

I now live in Spain and what I've noticed here is that generally young women are very very slim and then they get much bigger in their late 30s-40s. Shops here are split into shops for older women and shops for younger women. The younger women's shops are all tiny and I find I have to buy clothes in a size large or 40-42 as a minimum because everything's so small. If I shop in the 'older women's shops then the clothes are huge in comparison and I can get away with smaller sizes although most of them are not my style.

In the chain stores like Zara, Mango, H&M etc. which are more international I find the sizes are pretty similar all over Europe but most Spanish only shops have tiny clothes in them.

By the way my measurements are 36, 27, 37.5
  • perkyprincess99
    Options
    I wear a 3/4 in most junior pants. A 5 in dresses. And a medium in all tops. I weigh 143 lbs and I am 5/7 almost 5/8
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 129 lbs, I wear a size 4 jeans and a medium shirt.
  • sarahlfleck
    sarahlfleck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" tall, weigh 157 lbs., and usually wear a size 10 in pants, but a 12 or 14 in any top that buttons because of my bust.
  • nevershoutnever149
    Options
    5'3 ... 128 pounds ... 26-27 inches around waist so about a size 5 in pants (US) sometimes a 3 or 7.
    top size: Medium-Large due to size 36D breasts. some shirts like hottopic band shirts, or undershirts can be a small.
    btw i'm a female (15 years old) is this a bad body size for my age?
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm 5'5 150 lbs and my paints are 8 (US), tops small to medium, dresses are mostly 6 (US)
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5'4", 109 lbs, size 4 or 6 pants, mostly 4 now I think and extra small tops. I have wide hips, so even at a low weight, my pants size isn't that small. At my highest weight of 140, I was bursting out of a size 12 pants. It sucked.