Chickpea Cookie Dough (dessert hummus)

Options
azalea617
azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
So, I'm sure somewhere at sometime, someone posted something like this on here, but I'm not going to go through the pages to find one. Here's a recipe for chickpea cookie dough, aka a dessert hummus, which is high in protein and relatively healthy for a little sweet fix. The website I found it on a while ago (mightyvegan.com) sadly doesn't have the recipe listed anymore but here it is:

2 cups chickpeas, shelled (a regular can is about 15.5 oz, so it's more like 1.5 cups)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup & 2 TBS maple syrup (preferably REAL)
1/2 TBS vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips (mini ones work better, I think)

Rinse & peel the chickpeas. This part is the only time consuming aspect.

Place chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla into food processor and blend till smooth. Remove from food processor and stir in chocolate chips.

Serve with apple slices or anything you'd like. A serving size is about 2 TBS and around 100-ish calories but you might want to check it as I didn't measure fully how much it made. Store it in the fridge and enjoy a bite whenever your sweet tooth is going crazy!! :)

ps--the longer it sits, the more delicious it tastes. So, while it's amazing right away, it tastes even better the next day! Enjoy!

Replies

• VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have to try this sometime!
  • azalea617
    Options
    Once you make it...you want to make it all the time! haha
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think I might try it...as soon as I can get pass the fact there is no flour, sugar, butter, lol!
  • azalea617
    Options
    hahaha that's what makes it even better!!! :)
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thank you:flowerforyou:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DianaSkinnyBy30
    Options
    OMG!!! This sounds AMAZING! I've been craving chocholate chip cookie dough *darn hormones* and haven't made it because it's so terrible for me. I will be making this tonight as desert with my dinner. Thank you so much! :happy:
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    This is similar to the blackbean brownies that I made the other day! I'm definatly trying this!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow sounds...different. I will def. try this! :) Thanks
  • Neda1178
    Options
    bump
  • azalea617
    Options
    Yay! People like things! :) hahaha trust me ... this was spurred last night by an INTENSE sugar craving...knocked it out of the park!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    oy vey, guess I'm gonna hae to get on this bandwagon!!
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    *eyes widen*

You are my new hero. :love:
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    bump. my only problem is getting my hands on chickpeas. I'm a college student and have no money lol. :P
  • azalea617
    Options
    bump. my only problem is getting my hands on chickpeas. I'm a college student and have no money lol. :P

Luckily, a can of chickpeas is pretty cheap at a regular grocery store! :-D Especially since you can just get generic.
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    sounds like worth trying! Thank you for posting the recipe! And, umm... peel the chickpeas, eh? I havent worked a lot with chickpeas but I also never peeled them! This should be interesting! :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    *WARNING* This stuff is addictive like crack, same with the chickpea brownie batter from chocolatecoverdkatie.com :love:
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm interesting enough to give it a try!