a mild rant

Options
Bracciano
Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
Here is something I am having a hard time understanding. Someone wants to add me as a friend on here, great, happy for the support. Once I accept, I try to send a personal message asking about their goals, talk about mine to see how I can support them. Am I alone when I think it's strange when I get a reply asking why I'm messaging them? Why the hell bothering to add someone if you didn't want to talk to them in some aspect? I dropped two today because yeah, I like to get to know my "friends" on here, but others just want trophies for their collection.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. Obviously that person didn't have the same "FL goals" that you do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    You're a trophy!! Go you!!

You don't have to be that invested in them...your choice. Heck, you don't even have to "accept" friend requests. Ta Da.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Wait - you put in your message the questions you put here in the OP, and they still ask why you're messaging them?

Sounds like they're not paying any attention to who they send FRs.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    That's why a lot of people won't add someone if they don't include a message.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Next time, don't send junk shots.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    You're a trophy!! Go you!!

You don't have to be that invested in them...your choice. Heck, you don't even have to "accept" friend requests. Ta Da.
    Gossh! I wish was a trophy _ (pout)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask it on their page?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Some people will just add to have you as a trophy or so they can just have access to your pictures.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You gotta quit asking for boobie pics in your PM's......................
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't let it get under your skin. Some people just like to follow others...some like to interact...some just want to stare at your pics...

If they're not active in the same way you like, you can always drop them. :)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Some people will just add to have you as a trophy or so they can just have access to your pictures.

Hello there...

And all pictures are accessible. lol Hence why I have none of myself.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

:wink:

Seriously though... you know you're my buddy!:drinker:
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... I added someone and they PM'd me and asked me a bunch of questions about my goals, etc. I thought, "Wow...that's cool!" So, I responded with honest answers about what I did to lose the weight, but how I've kind've fallen off the wagon a bit in the past couple of months, but plan on getting my act together, etc. etc. Then I asked this person some questions back.... NEVER got a response. Weird. Don't ask if you don't wanna know.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options

Hello there...

And all pictures are accessible. lol Hence why I have none of myself.

They're not accessible if you don't add any friends and have your profile set to Private. For that matter, you can add friends, but not give them access to your page.

Just so you know, that doesn't go so well....:wink:
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    It's quite possible that they saw your comments on other friends' walls, liked your sense of humor and sent you a request because of that ... but once you sent them a PM asking them personal questions (for which they are apparently sensitive about), they are confused and back off from you.

This is typically why I will leave a message with my FRs so the person I'm asking knows why .... "I think you're hilarious" ... "I love that you lift heavy" ... "Your body is delicious" (wait, what? lol) ... I would expect a PM from the lifter asking about my own lifting routine, but wouldn't necessarily expect a PM from the hilarious person asking about my fitness regimine ...
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if someone asked me fitness related questions. I only ever get weirdos PMing me, asking me sexual questions...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Also, they may ask you that if the answers to your questions are already on their page. I know I've gotten messages from people asking What was my starting weight, how long have I been losing weight, what kind of exercise do I do, what do I eat, etc...answers to the first two are on my profile, and answers to the others are in my diary. I never answer back with 'Why are you messaging me' but I do tell them to check my profile and/or diary. It does seem rude to me, like you can't even be bothered to read my profile or check my diary? LOL
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's because you pm'd the message. ask normal questions like that on their page. pm's are reserved for pervy messages or crotch and boob shots.

get with the program, dude.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    That's a bit odd. I wish more of my friends list would private message me. I love people. I love getting to know people. And my list is a bit large so I'm trying to reach out to everyone but it takes time. Haha.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Here is something I am having a hard time understanding. Someone wants to add me as a friend on here, great, happy for the support. Once I accept, I try to send a personal message asking about their goals, talk about mine to see how I can support them. Am I alone when I think it's strange when I get a reply asking why I'm messaging them? Why the hell bothering to add someone if you didn't want to talk to them in some aspect? I dropped two today because yeah, I like to get to know my "friends" on here, but others just want trophies for their collection.

beware the friend collectors...