a mild rant

Options

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it at all. I'm always down to meet new people. And until I actually get some "junk shots" or pervvy messages, I will assume the person is just being friendly. :drinker:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    people are strange lol
  • vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I were a trophy, I would be the kind they give out to all the kids these days for "trying their best".
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If I were a trophy, I would be the kind they give out to all the kids these days for "trying their best".

Nuh uh.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    it's because you pm'd the message. ask normal questions like that on their page. pm's are reserved for pervy messages or crotch and boob shots.

get with the program, dude.

THAT'S why I never get answers to my PMs. Crisis avoided! Off to compose some pervy messages!

027b99ba-50ee-4f09-b012-d45a576ba0d9.jpg
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    it's because you pm'd the message. ask normal questions like that on their page. pm's are reserved for pervy messages or crotch and boob shots.

THAT'S why I never get answers to my PMs. Crisis avoided! Off to compose some pervy messages!

I'll be waiting...
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

beware the friend collectors...
    [/quote]

I never understood this...the longer I've been on here, the more of this I've seen. If you don't want to connect or learn from the person you're friending why do it? Is there a prize for the most friends? LOL
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Here is something I am having a hard time understanding. Someone wants to add me as a friend on here, great, happy for the support. Once I accept, I try to send a personal message asking about their goals, talk about mine to see how I can support them. Am I alone when I think it's strange when I get a reply asking why I'm messaging them? Why the hell bothering to add someone if you didn't want to talk to them in some aspect? I dropped two today because yeah, I like to get to know my "friends" on here, but others just want trophies for their collection.

Here's a possible reason:

Man sends girl FR, she accepts.
    New male friend sends pms, girl replies.
    New male friend gets flirty... then dirty...starts asking for pics..

This is why they *might* be asking why you're messaging them
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love it when I get a friend request and the person asks me a boatload of questions...I answer them and I don't get anything back like "thanks for taking the time"! It's pretty lame. I notice a lot of people on here don't want to chat even if they initiate it. Strange...lol
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    A while back I had to re-evaluate why I was here. I was getting too social, not really keeping up on the fitness aspects. I overhauled my friends list to a small enough list of people dedicated to trying to keep fit. We can joke and get to know each other, but stay focused on the main point of MFP, at least what we have a shared opinion about what it's for. Getting away from the flirty and social and focusing on exercise and diet, along with funny interaction has made this site more fun for me. Plus, i never plan to go above 35 people again.

Just some thoughts that worked for me.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Ask on their wall, some people have had bad experiences with dirtbags PMing them and don't want to PM men in case it gives some guy the wrong idea.... Not me like....um....but...ahem.... a friend...of....mine....called....ThreddedSweet....
  • chocl8girl
    Options

I'll be waiting...

Pshhhh, I thought you were getting bored of all the pervy messages I send you, all day, and allll night. :P
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

I'll be waiting...

Pshhhh, I thought you were getting bored of all the pervy messages I send you, all day, and allll night. :P

Pervy? I never get those.
    Weird? You send me those ALL. THE. TIME
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Because people like to dramatize social media.

Like OP is doing because someone didn't want to talk to him.

Or like the person who the OP sent a message to was doing because (I would imagine) she thinks he is a "perv".

Regardless, MFP is serious around these parts.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I always answer my PM's. I may not be the best role model for health, but if I am asked for advice or anything in general, I am willing to help anyway I can. Most of my friends on here are in the same boat I am, so mutual support is all we can give each other.
  • chocl8girl
    Options

I'll be waiting...

Pervy? I never get those.
    Weird? You send me those ALL. THE. TIME

SethGodinWeirdo.jpg
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I typically ask those questions as well but I have never gotten anything like that back from anyone.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    I can relate to the person you sent the message to. I got an FR yesterday from a guy (that oddly enough looks like you-I even had to double check my page to make sure this wasn't about me lol) that said he liked some of my unique comments in a few of the posts, so he wanted to add me. After that, he sent me a message asking if I mind if he asked questions to get to know me better, and then included some questions in the message. IDK why, but for some reason when I read them, I felt really overwhelmed and protective of my privacy. I'm going through some changes in my home life and I'd rather not have some guy ask me about things that I haven't been able to figure out yet. So far, the only way I know how to deal is to hop on here and be goofy on a few forum posts, but if you're looking for someone to chat with every day and get to know on a personal level, I just don't have it in me yet.
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's quite possible that they saw your comments on other friends' walls, liked your sense of humor and sent you a request because of that ... but once you sent them a PM asking them personal questions (for which they are apparently sensitive about), they are confused and back off from you.

This is typically why I will leave a message with my FRs so the person I'm asking knows why .... "I think you're hilarious" ... "I love that you lift heavy" ... "Your body is delicious" (wait, what? lol) ... I would expect a PM from the lifter asking about my own lifting routine, but wouldn't necessarily expect a PM from the hilarious person asking about my fitness regimine ...

This, and I try to track people in my age group. Don't get me wrong, I love they young ones, I just feel a little less like a dirty old man when I stick with more mature friends.