motivational saying!

Options

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't remember where I saw or heard this one, but it made me stop the excuses.

"Somewhere, Someone who is busier than me is on a treadmill"

I like that!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My favorite was given to me by an older gentleman at the pool...I was telling him that I don't swim "pretty" or fast, but it is a start. He got quiet and said -- "Don't worry about anyone else. Look at it this way; you just lapped every single person sitting on the couch doing nothing." It really helped me to hear that from a stranger. So now, instead of being self conscience in my bathing suit, I am proud I am in one and doing the work! :)

Cute!
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really like this for some reason... if I can do it tomorrow I can do it today!

96atz4.jpg
  • krisgrody
    Options
    another I found I like real well is
    Fitness is like marriage You can't cheat on it and expect it to work!
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "You were great once. Time to be great again>'
    T.E. Lawrence

This quote reminded me of my glory days playing high school football and going on 120 mile bike rides in college. Having gained 50 pounds over the last 30 years I can't ride 120 miles in one day on a bicycle anymore....not just yet.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Just remembered:
    If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you
  • Frau6201
    Frau6201 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Suck it up now so you won't have to suck it in later
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Replace the phrase "I don't have time" with "It's not a priority". You will be amazed at how much harder it is to tell yourself "Working out today isn't a priority".
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump to read when I get back from the gym
  • pippacont
    pippacont Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny/healthy feels."
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I saw and heard Muhammed Ali say this in a commercial a long while back. Not sure who said it originally.

Impossible is nothing.
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    "What're you doin still sittin here, candy *kitten*! Your mommy say you can rest?!!! You're a good for nothin piece of dirt that I make boot marks with! I eat pieces of S*** like you for breakfast!! Get it moving, Sally!" ----R. Lee Ermey.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Do or do not.... There is no try. Yoda
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    "I have failed again and again and again. That is why I succeed" - Michael Jordan

LOVE this!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One I've heard that comes in handy during a tough workout, "I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm finished."
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Transformation is not a future event. It is a present activity." -Jillian Michaels
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    "Just do it!" - Nike

"Try SOMETHING! If it works, do more of it, if it doesn't, try something else."

"You are what you eat!" - I have heard this one so many times but have really bought into it over the last year or so!! I really don't want people to see me as a Big Mac ;)
  • lachancegirl
    lachancegirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite was given to me by an older gentleman at the pool...I was telling him that I don't swim "pretty" or fast, but it is a start. He got quiet and said -- "Don't worry about anyone else. Look at it this way; you just lapped every single person sitting on the couch doing nothing." It really helped me to hear that from a stranger. So now, instead of being self conscience in my bathing suit, I am proud I am in one and doing the work! :)

Pretty awesome!
    I love that!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The voice inside your head that says you can't do this is a liar.

You can do this.

The measure of success is not the length of time it takes to reach the goal, but in the number of times you get back up after stumbling.
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Got this one from another MFP profile and it struck a chord with me.

"Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line.
    No one can want it bad enough for you.
    You have to want it for yourself - and more than anything ..."

My new fav:
    Strive for PROGRESS,
    NOT Perfection!!