5'6" 27lbs lost :-) (Pics)

Options
I am 27, mother of a 2 year old and am 5'6" tall. I've gone from a size 14 jeans to a size 9/10. I feel like the pictures don't show the loss as much as I feel it. It feels so great! I have so much more energy and I don't feel ashamed to be in my own skin. In the past food has been my drug, my comfort. I have always felt like I NEED to eat while watching TV, or at the movies, when I am bored, sad, to celebrate, or at a party. This past year I've been working on changing all that, making thoughtful, healthy, clean, eating choices and adding physical fitness into my life. It's very challenging and I've gone up and down, I do well for a while, then I binge like crazy...but It's all about never giving up! For me it has been not saying "I'll start over tomorrow", and instead saying "I'll start over in one minute". My journey is not done yet, I hope to loose a little more and I hope to continue with a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. Keep in mind I fall off track a lot, BUT I've lost the weight by attempting to stick to 1200-1300 calories a day PLUS eating any of my "exercise calories" back that I want to. But I always try to make sure the Calories I consume are mostly from Veggies, fruits and lean meats and whole wheat products (with the occasional treat!). I drink only water, or green tea, or many days I will have a Crystal Light if needed to help ward off cravings. Eating right is only one of the keys to my weight loss though, I do a lot of cardio (about an hour at least 5 days/week), but it has really been the addition of using the weight machines at the gym (3 days a week) that help me shed the pounds. I think we are all aware how difficult this journey of weight-loss can be, It takes not only desire, but patience and persistence, just as anything worthwhile takes. But each one of us has the strength within to achieve our goals...we just have to find that spark inside of us :-)

el34te.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!