Current Healthy Food Addiction

Options

Replies

• maeck
    maeck Posts: 7
    Options
    I bought some fresh pineapple at Costco and have blending one spear with some of the frozen strawberries I've got left from this past summer and a little water. I guess it would be considered a smoothie? SO good!

And the peanut butter and oat bars from Trader Joe's. Been having one every morning for breakfast.
  • ohkatherinewheel
    ohkatherinewheel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kiwi or Asian pears! It's sad that they're (pears) so carb-y, I could eat 3 of them in one day. Veggie-wise, I like buying bags of crinkle cut carrots and steaming them fresh. Makes them super sweet, almost dessert-like!
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Cottage cheese! I LOVE it! I eat it daily unless i'm out. :( Like now.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Persimmons....they are quickly becoming my favorite fruit but dangerously favorite as on Monday I ate 4 :/ lol but it was totally worth it hahaha also Dates.....gosh they really fix my chocolate needs/wants :D
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Edamame with sea salt. I just bought a bag in the frozen section to give them a try. Heated up a hand full of the pods and after the first bean I was hooked! Have to seriously watch my portions on those bad boys.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, mango, and Lsa mix! - ADDICTEDDDD!!!
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've never tried edamame, I don't even know if they sell it out here anywhere. I live in the sticks, and not too many healthy eaters out here, so it's hard to find healthy stuff sometimes...but...what do you do with it, what does it look like, and how do you cook it, if you cook it???? Also, my favorite healthy snack is red seedless grapes with 2 wedges of laughing cow lite creamy swiss. It may sound weird, but the cheese tastes kind of like cream cheese. You have to try it! It is sooooo yummy! :happy:

I buy it frozen. It's usually with the other bagged vegetables. You don't eat the pods, just the seeds inside. I steam them in a bowl with a tiny bit of water in the microwave. (but you can boil them) They are great by themselves with a little course salt, or in salads and stir fries! It's getting a lot more popular so hopefully you can find some somewhere!
    edamame.jpg
  • eyvindur
    eyvindur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    100% Rye crispbread with peanut butter and honey.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    mushy peas!! tomatoes /tomato soup. porridge with honey and cinnamon !
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soo much. I have gotten so many great ideas. I hope this was helpful for others as well.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas and peanut butter (not together!)
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes! I want to eat them everyday.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    peanut butter and bananas!
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Blueberries
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Raw Spinach
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sauteed mushrooms
    Pictsweet Steamables Edamame
    Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt (I know- it's not the healthiest of the Greek yogurts, but it is delicious!)
  • RACHEALK1019
    Options
    I posted this once before and it was extremely helpful. Previously I was addicted to Cuties, the baby oranges, but they've become so blah lately. My taste buds are bored!!!! Need some ideas. What's your current healthy food addiction???

I found a recipe for energy bites online(pintrest) and made them twice. I tweaked them a bit and now they have aprox. 60 calories per serving(1 Tbsp) as I use personal homemade Peanut butter and don't know exact calorie content.

oatmeal-1 cup
    chia seeds-8 tbsp
    peanut butter-1/2cup
    agave nectar-light-1/4 cup
    cocoa powder-1 tbsp
    cinnamon-1 tsp

Mixw ell. Put in fridge for few minutes. Remove from fridge and pack into tablespoon measuring spoon (for exactness).
    Makes aprox. 20

Alternative is chocolate chips for cocoa but makes around 200 calories give or take
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Banana with peanut butter! I get an all natural brand of PB thats just peanuts and sea salt and it's really good! I also love cuties, gala apples, strawberries, and almonds!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    buffalo jerky from trader joes....im a little obsessed with this little bag for about 6dollars...but it is OH SO WORTH IT
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Pb2 - Powdered Peanut Butter!!! Mix with water to make peanut butter. It's 45 cals for 2 tbls compared to 190cals of real PB!
    Only downside is you have to order it on-line.