1235»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Me too! I always wonder if others see me as huge as I do.whenever I see myself in a full length mirror, I think good grief! I'm a cow! And when I see pictures of myself I think the same thing. I think maybe others are too polite to point out my obvious obesity.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You know what else doesn't help, well at least for me.... If I say anything about being fat or needing to lose a lot of weight everyone says you are perfect as you are, not fat etc. Come on folks I have went from a juniors size 5 jeans to a misses 18. I have chipmunk cheeks. I AM fat. It is not ok because I am soon 43 like people assure me. It baffles my mind why people say these things. I genuinely like myself fat or thin but it is not healthy for me to be so fat so I am making lifestyle changes. I think so many people think fat equals feeling horrible about yourself ( which it does not for me) and they tell you what they think you want to hear. Or better yet what they would want to hear. These fibs do no one any favors.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You know what else doesn't help, well at least for me.... If I say anything about being fat or needing to lose a lot of weight everyone says you are perfect as you are, not fat etc. Come on folks I have went from a juniors size 5 jeans to a misses 18. I have chipmunk cheeks. I AM fat. It is not ok because I am soon 43 like people assure me. It baffles my mind why people say these things. I genuinely like myself fat or thin but it is not healthy for me to be so fat so I am making lifestyle changes. I think so many people think fat equals feeling horrible about yourself ( which it does not for me) and they tell you what they think you want to hear. Or better yet what they would want to hear. These fibs do no one any favors.

I totally agree. When I was younger I did this very thing. Now that I am older, I realize people need to be cut the truth IF they are asking.

I've noticed men are more brutally honest on the forum; which can be good.
  • MissDefinate
    MissDefinate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am just on this honesty kick that I believe is really healthy.I used to sugar coat stuff like this but, I believe that is only hurting that person! I want people to tell me the truth and let me deal with it. This is a good question because we have to wear a mask in order to get to this unhealthy and unhappy size. I have asked myself when did I start to gain the weight and why. This prompted me to realize that I have been in denial for a while. It is time to step out of my comfort zone and start to finish what was started! I am worth it!
  • kaeganc
    kaeganc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ugh.. pictures. Terrible to look at, but seeing myself as others do helped me focus on my health. Facebook tags were an eye opener - I hardly take pictures of myself so I don't own alot but friends and family do. Facebook is where they end up. My family likes it, and they know how big I am so it's no shocker, but when I see a new photo it's like seeing my huge self for the first time. Disturbing.

That feeling I get when I see that is why I'm here - I don't want to feel like that anymore.

I saw a picture of my dad and I two weeks ago and I almost didn't recignise myself. My face was so fat! It used to be Oval and now its Round....with like jowls. So I posted it as my profile pic to remind me every day that I'm going away from that. Once I lose 20lbs I'll take a new pic...and the 20lbs after that until it looks how I want to.

That photo is what made me join this site.