Pregnant?

Options

Replies

• _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Get a pregnancy test or see your doctor perhaps?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No chance...I'd place my bet on an STD
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTowDf_YgfLKePI7WkJLOpUoIi0ctfsXIAM3DL2tg5zH3il0bLZ

Why people post medical inquires on public boards continues to befuddle me :grumble:

Either go pee on a stick or go to the doctor.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Every time you have [snip] sex you are at risk of a pregnancy so I think that you need to take a test. Do keep us updated.....

Fixed that for you.

To the person who said she is probably not pregnant because she did have a period: Many women still have a period the first month or two and can even have them regularly throughout the pregnancy. They are often lighter, but not always.

OP: My understanding of it is that you can take the test any time after your "missed" period. Since you have had a period, but it was odd, you are past the time when you can take a test and have it be accurate. Go ahead and take one, then you will know. Good luck (however it turns out)!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This will tell you for sure if you are pregnant or not:

http://thepregnancytester.com/

Do it.
  • coe28
    Options
    ALRIGHT I'd like some opinions. I I started taking the pill again after being off it for 4 months I met my bf when I was 2 weeks into the pack and we didn't use protection. Last week I completely lost my appetite it took me 45 mins to eat my fav yogurts. I I've been wanting pickles and pretty much everything I look at turns my stomach. I sleep a lot and have been having really bad headaches the last few days and yest I threw up at work. I bled for two days on my "period" 2 but it was very light. The I Lso had a dream last week that I was pregnant with a girl. I I've lost about 14lbs in the past two weeks cause I just can't eat it makes me nauseous.

I'd like some opinions do you think I could be pregnant? I didn't start thinkin it til yest when I threw up at work and now I'm kind of concerned.

You really think a bunch of strangers on the internet are going to be able to tell you if you're pregnant or not?? Really?? Either go to the doctor or take a test. Jeez.... :huh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Light bleeding could be implantation bleeding. Definitely take a test.

It can also be caused by pregnancy. It's not uncommon when pregnant to have a light, short period when you first become pregnant, rather than a completely missed one. That happened with me and my doctor said it was normal.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I never had symptoms that early. It could be psychological.

Do you want to be pregnant? If you do, your brain can convince your body you are having symptoms.
  • coe28
    Options
    This will tell you for sure if you are pregnant or not:

http://thepregnancytester.com/

Do it.

I recommend you ALL take this test, even the men. You could be pregnant and not even know....
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    This may be an old wive's tale... but while peeing for the pregnancy test, if you want a:

girl: pee while sitting on the toilet
    boy: pee while standing

Hope that helps.
  • coe28
    Options
    This may be an old wive's tale... but while peeing for the pregnancy test, if you want a:

Hope that helps.

I hope you're joking...?
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

I hope you're joking...?

Srsly?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

By the time you take a pregnancy test the gender has already been determined. It's determined at the moment of conception, by the sperm that penetrates the egg. The sperm will either have an X or a Y chromosome. Eggs only have X chromosomes. An X sperm and an X egg produce a female zygote. A Y sperm and an X egg produce a male zygote.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

By the time you take a pregnancy test the gender has already been determined. It's determined at the moment of conception, by the sperm that penetrates the egg. The sperm will either have an X or a Y chromosome. Eggs only have X chromosomes. An X sperm and an X egg produce a female zygote. A Y sperm and an X egg produce a male zygote.

OMG, am I the only one that can see this "Old Wives Tale" post was a fricken joke?!?!?! Geesh.
  • Fhoover
    Fhoover Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    good luck in whatever happens. I added you if you want someone to talk to
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

OMG, am I the only one that can see this "Old Wives Tale" post was a fricken joke?!?!?! Geesh.

The OP needs all the correct info she can get.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

Nope, i laughed But then I laughed more at the people that took that seriously.

*sigh* It is a good day to be on the forums.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Nobody is forcing you to read it or reply to it so move on I was simply asking for opinions obviously from girls since men can't get pregnant and I'm not stupid just concerned and I don't think it's necessary to involve a doc at this point.
    It's stuff like this that slowly but surely makes me lose my faith in humanity.

So far, the responses from the guys have been more reasonable (ie, "take a test") than yours have been ("post in MFP forums under GD&WLH").

And as a guy, here's another vote for taking a test. It's <$15 to find out the answer (~90%) vs. what you've done so far (which is free, but ~0%).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nobody is forcing you to read it or reply to it so move on I was simply asking for opinions obviously from girls since men can't get pregnant and I'm not stupid just concerned and I don't think it's necessary to involve a doc at this point.
    It's stuff like this that slowly but surely makes me lose my faith in humanity.

So far, the responses from the guys have been more reasonable (ie, "take a test") than yours have been ("post in MFP forums under GD&WLH").

And as a guy, here's another vote for taking a test. It's <$15 to find out the answer (~90%) vs. what you've done so far (which is free, but ~0%).

Jof stop it. You are making too much sense.
  • hollywood8782
    hollywood8782 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie just take a test! Thing is, nobody's pregnancy is the same. I'm sure when you asked the question, you were not meaning to be judged but you know how that goes. Some of these comments...smh. So with that, keep me updated on your progress, I haven't seen you on here in a while. Hope everything is ok!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wonder if she was pregnant...