I have a "strange" goal.......

Options
124»

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

also as an FYI i think you would have received different responses to this thread had you said you were going to have 1 marathon workout session for the sake of fitness rather than saying it's for the sake of weight loss.

Then I would have been lying.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

**** And I just read in your responses where you clarified that this was only for one day a month, not EVERY day. Huge difference, but still not a great idea. It'll make your metabolism slow to a crawl, for one, though it won't be nearly as damaging as I originally thought!

Well, nobody knows that for a fact, right? 100% of the world does not have the exact same metabolism. It is only one day par month. What it means - according to the MFP cacluator for exercise - is about 5 hours of exercise ONE DAY each month, based on my results from today.... I burned 1300+ calories in just over 2 hours. But let's just say I need 5 hours to do what I want.... I have done that dozens of times in my life when still 100 pounds overweight.... I used to ride 100 mile bikes rides several times a summer.

I'm not being snippy, and this is not directed at you, but there are a lot of fat people here acting all pious and righteous. Maybe they ought to give my idea a shot. It's only one day a month.

Some of these "fat" people just might. might...know what they are talking about...especially the "fat people" that have been there, done that and succeeded (not me specifically...but many of the other people that have tried to offer you advice).

So go on with your bad self, you special snowflake you :flowerforyou:

Nobody say anything unless you agree and just want to say go for it because otherwise, this post was pointless and you'll get put into the "fat people being righteous" category.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    "Everybody realizes that the OP is talking about a 3000 cal deficit, not 1800, right? We keep throwing the 1800 number around, but since that number reflects a 1000 cal per day deficit already, when he does 3600 cals worth of cardio and only eats half that back, he'll be at 3000 cal deficit for the day. Is anyone thinking a 3000 cal deficit in a single day is a good idea? "

This all depends on what the OP currently has set for a deficit. If it is to lose 2lbs a week then it is close to a 3000 calorie deficit, but not quite, and anything less than that reduces it. So it would be about 2800, and could go down from there. I've personally have had 2000+ calorie deficits with absolutely no problem with fatigue or recovery. I would say when I was training for my fights back in the day there would be multiple days like this leading up to the weigh-ins.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    How did this turn out?? Lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep
    do it
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com has a couple 1000 calorie workouts that would help you reach your goal. Good luck!:happy:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Why didn't Dr. Oz think of this?!?
  • Dalnurse
    Options
    Do you do hiit when cycling or do you stay in a steady state? Nu
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so just don't eat... problem solved.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Seems fine - don't see the point though, for an extra half pound a month loss?