Feeling Like a New Woman, wait...I AM a new Woman!

Options
I FINALLY feel like I have a reason better yet a right to add to the success stories that have been my major motivation over the past 6 months! I’ll be brief…I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life but for the past 5 years, although I weighed 212lbs, I was comfortable in a size 12 sometimes needing a 14. I had a baby in November of 2011, I only gained 4lbs during pregnancy and after pregnancy was down to 199lbs and actually fit into a size 10 but mostly size 12. Unfortunately my son passed away in April 2012, at which time a went up to 220lbs and mostly size 14’s and some 16’s.

I knew that this was the WORST thing to do…if I thought I was depressed already, how much MORE depressed would I be if I let myself go? So June 1, 2012 I joined a boot camp and committed to working out 5 days a week. A month passed and nothing happened, no weight change, no visible physical changes…I was ready to quit! All that work for what??! Talked to my trainer, realized I wasn't taking in enough calories, upped my calories and continued to work out…BAM! Results. Go figure! Started using MFP late July and was OBSESSED with the success stories. They gave me soo much inspiration. Anyway, I've struggled along the way and I haven’t reached my goal yet but I’m really proud of the progress I've made thus far. I've referred all of my friends to this site and I encourage EVERYONE to get healthy. Being active and healthy gives you a glow and you feel like a completely different person. It’s an awesome feeling and everyone should get familiar with it.

As of today, I am 180lbs, a size 8 sometimes a 6. Wait did you read that right? A SIX!! What the WHAT?! I’m still in shock. But below is a during pic…taken in August and a current pic taken this morning.

Oops…guess I wasn't brief after all! Sorry.

photo_zps8e60e417.jpg

Replies

• kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You rock.
  • Naynayjones
    Naynayjones Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! Congrats to you and your great accomplishment :)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
  • Drkchocl8
    Drkchocl8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! It's been a year and 1/2 of highs and lows but I can honestly say that I physically feel the best I ever have in my life! One day at a time right? Slow and steady is my goal.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome! You should be so proud of yourself. I'm proud of you and don't even know you. You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • mrsvanderpool
    mrsvanderpool Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. :)
  • gr8tweets1
    Options
    Hi, first let me say I am sorry for your loss. It was very brave of you to be so open and honest. Thank you! Second, you look wonderful. For a newbie like me, your story is motivation. Congrats on your success and thanks again for sharing!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can't see the after picture but I just wanted to say i'm sorry for your loss, such a sad thing and congrats on the new you! :)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! All that change is only 5-6months....I have my fingers crossed I can do the same.

You rock and are a real inspiration!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your son but I am sure he is watching you very proudly. Like others have inspired you, it is your turn now to motivate others. Congratulations and stay strong.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sambor2
    sambor2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is quite an inspiration. Thank you for telling your story.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on all your hard work.
  • btranblb
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Congrats! On another note, I'm sorry for your loss... I lost my best friend Dec 2011, it was very sudden and impacted my weight tremendously. I started my journey to a healthier lifestyle last Thursday, and I've lose 4 lbs already!! I do have a question tho because I have not been consuming many calories but have seen a small weight loss, what was the reasoning behind your personal trainer determining that your low caloric intake was the reason for no weight loss? Thanks for your time! && once again, congrats, you look goood!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on not letting the depression drag you down, getting out there and getting yourself fit and healthy, you look amazing. Your son will be so proud of you :)
  • MLibby84
    Options
    wow Congratulations! I can;t even imagine what you must have had to go through. You are amazing!
  • Drkchocl8
    Drkchocl8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Congrats! On another note, I'm sorry for your loss... I lost my best friend Dec 2011, it was very sudden and impacted my weight tremendously. I started my journey to a healthier lifestyle last Thursday, and I've lose 4 lbs already!! I do have a question tho because I have not been consuming many calories but have seen a small weight loss, what was the reasoning behind your personal trainer determining that your low caloric intake was the reason for no weight loss? Thanks for your time! && once again, congrats, you look goood!!!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Ma'am! I was lifting pretty heavy plus doing tons of cardio 5 days a week but was only taking in about 1000 calories...not on purpose I just wasn't hungry. He upped my calories to 1800. I struggled trying to force down 1800 calories for about 3 days but after that...my body craved this extra calories. I had to re-set my metabolism...eat within an hour of waking and every 3-4 hours after throughout the day. Sounds insane...but there's a method to the madness. It really does work! I'm sure you'll be successful! 4lbs already? Took me over a month to lose my first 4lbs. You're already a winner! Keep up the good work. You ROCK!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. YOU are an inspiration.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! :happy:
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    how tall are you? congrats!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!