OMG!!! Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Options
mynewbug
mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
I just made these an hour ago and they are amazing!!

The recipe I use is 39 calories,2 carbs, 2 protein per bite.

My husband was amazed. He is a skinny beanpole who eats a lot of fast food and he was blown away!!

I was very skeptical but these were soooo good!! They tasted buttery, chewy, a little like a sourdough crust.

Here's a my modified recipe from http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html:

Yields 12 bites

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbls grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes

Toppings:
Boboli pizza sauce – heating on low in a saucepan
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices, quartered Turkey pepperoni

Directions:

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. (I only got about 2 cups, but I doubled the recipe.)The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To make the pizza bites:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg, grated parmesean and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, red pepper flakes, stir. Spoon the mixture evenly into each tin and press down the mixture with your fingers.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Remove from oven. Spoon a small dollop of sauce on each bite, top each bite with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Place back in the oven just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Replies

• Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    yum. Thanks!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting, I might have try these...
  • tonil77
    tonil77 Posts: 10
    Options
    we love pizza... so i will try these!! thanks!:smile:
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I made cauliflower pizza today!!! BBQ chicken with some spinach and tomato. Only 142 calories for a 1/4 of the pizza

33cx2fa.jpg
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Leave out the salt! We used just a half a teaspoon of regular salt and it threw the sodium through the roof
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • JayElleOh
    Options
    bump
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Bump. Yummm
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'll try anything twice. Okay, thrice.
  • BelAug2010
    BelAug2010 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tonight I just made the pizza for the first time. Yum! Used turkey sausage.
  • courtwhitear
    courtwhitear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This looks yummy! I'm going to have to try it! I've made a couple of other things with cauliflower before and they are normally quite good! Thanks for sharing!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    :huh: Pizza crust from cauliflower?! :devil: Oh yeah!!
    Bump for later!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Bump...I need to save this.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Problem is, I would eat the entire recipe.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! I'll have to try next week; just used up the last of the cauliflower to make patties last night.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    20 calories for every 1 gram of protein just ain't gonna cut it for me. I'm supposed to eat 150 grams of protein a day. That's 3000 calories.

Not gonna happen.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    20 calories for every 1 gram of protein just ain't gonna cut it for me. I'm supposed to eat 150 grams of protein a day. That's 3000 calories.

Not gonna happen.

Isn't 150 grams of protein 600 calories? Not sure what you are saying.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bumping for later