OMG!!! Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Options

Replies

• sherrielynn2013
    sherrielynn2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but how cauliflower-y do these taste. I despise the smell of cooked cauliflower (through steaming normally), and smell is step one of the food gag for me, if there's not much stink to them, I'd probably be great trying these since they're covered in tomato sauce and cheese.

I really don't notice the cauliflower taste when I add it into recipies. But I like cauliflower. My daughter (18) doesn't, and she can't stand it when I make cauliflower 'mashed potatoes'. I love them and so does my husband. We can't believe how good they are. I don't think that I wouldh've known they were made out of cauliflower if I wasn't the one making them. But like I said, we like the taste.I haven't tried this one yet though. As far as the smell goes, I would think it would be the same as steaming. But if you can get past that stage and get them into the oven, you might be surprised. Give it a shot! You never know.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    20 calories for every 1 gram of protein just ain't gonna cut it for me. I'm supposed to eat 150 grams of protein a day. That's 3000 calories.

Not gonna happen.

I don't see where it would be required tthat you meet all of your protein needs for the day by only eating the Pizza Bites the OP so generously spent time posting about. But if it doesn't cut it for you, don't make them. That leaves more cauliflower at the store for the rest of us!

Thanks OP! :flowerforyou:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I gotta try these!! Thanks!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Saving this recipe for later!!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds yummy!!! Thanks!
  • Misseena
    Misseena Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I'm going to try this and hope the family likes it. Otherwise I'll have leftovers for a few days!
  • aci777
    aci777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome :-)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm going to try this.
  • lisaroelfs
    lisaroelfs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Megamus55
    Options
    bump
  • mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but how cauliflower-y do these taste. I despise the smell of cooked cauliflower (through steaming normally), and smell is step one of the food gag for me, if there's not much stink to them, I'd probably be great trying these since they're covered in tomato sauce and cheese.

I have had a cauliflower 'problem' in the past too. I was very skeptical when I made this recipe, but the 'dough' mixture with the oregano, cheese, and garlic tastes good enough to eat before you put it in the oven! (Just don't there's a raw egg in it!) I'm not going to sugar-coat it, yes it does smell when you steam it in the microwave. During the baking process it smells like pizza cooking. There is a slight aftertaste, but it reminds me of sourdough not cauliflower.

Best of luck to all! Thanks for the great feedback too.:flowerforyou:
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I make cauliflower personal pizza crusts and freeze for my kids all the time. They throw on pizza sauce, cheese and turkey pepperoni and have no idea they are eating cauliflower.
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Not fair...Im stuck in a hotel until tomorrow night and these pictures have been haunting me all day!!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Bump